剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
我觉得我要休息会
I think I need to go lie down.
好吧 我去礼宾部拿些地图
Okay, I'm just gonna stop by the concierge and get some maps.
-谢谢 -谢谢
- Thank you. - Thanks.
天啊 是他们
Oh, my God. It's them.
我讨厌洛杉矶
I hate Los Angeles.
我们可能夏天才会搬走
We probably won't move until the summer,
但我想花几个月完成我的书
but I'd like to take a few months to finish my book.
我不知道你在写书
I didn't know you were writing a book.
关于黑人女权主义的
On black feminism.
我要做些什么才能吸引你留下呢
Is there anything I can do to entice you to stay?
没有了你 《女士杂♥志♥》会大变样
"Ms." won't be the same without your voice.
我觉得我们在奥克兰会更幸福
I think we'll be happier in Oakland.
你们在这不幸福吗
You're not happy here?
不 只是奥克兰的学校更好
No, it's just...the schools are better in Oakland.
你大概要出发了
You probably have to get going.
看看这是谁啊
Look who's here.
格洛丽娅女士
Hi, Ms. Gloria.
出什么问题了吗
Is something wrong?
玛格丽特刚刚辞职了
Margaret just quit.
我很遗憾
I'm sorry.
她要搬去奥克兰
She's moving to Oakland.
那有对她女儿来说更好的学校
You know, better schools there for her daughter.
她是那么说的吗
Is that what she told you?
你们激动吗 要去看怎么制♥作♥电视节目了噢
You excited to see how a television show gets made?
我们已经听了一周这个专辑了
Oh, yeah. We've been listening to the record all week.
告诉格洛丽娅女士你最喜欢的歌♥是什么
Tell Ms. Gloria what your favorite song is.
《尽情哭泣》
"It's Alright to Cry."
那也是我最喜欢的歌♥之一
It's one of my favorite songs, too.
怎么了 你还好吗
What's going on? You okay?
我觉得我怀孕了
I think I'm pregnant.
我们要有宝宝了吗
We're gonna have a baby?
太好了 一个宝宝
This is incredible. A baby.
天啊
Oh, my goodness.
好吧 听着
Okay, uh, so look,
头几个月我们可以在卧室放个婴儿床
we can put the crib in our room for the first few months,
但之后我们得找个两居室
but then we gotta start looking for a 2-bedroom.
我知道这有点可怕
And hey, hey, I know it's scary,
但我们之前说过这事
but it's not like we haven't talked about it.
只是在这个时间点
It's just it's the timing of it.
我们准备好了吗
Are we even ready?
但永远不会有对的时间 不是吗
Hey, but it's never the right time, right?
美国最高法♥院♥大♥法♥官露丝·巴德·金斯伯格
和其税法律师丈夫马丁·戴维·金斯伯格
两人相互扶持 情比金坚
就像露丝和马蒂说的那样
That's what Ruth and Marty always say.
-对 但 -你担心
- Yeah, but-- - You're worried
-你的工作吗 -我不知道
- about your career? - I don't know!
我不知道我怎么想 因为你一直说个不停
I don't know what I think because you keep talking.
好吧 好吧
Okay. Okay.
布兰达 我在听
Brenda, I'm listening.
我又和茱尔斯上♥床♥了
I slept with Jules again.
什么时候
When?
她住在城里
She lives in the city.
我们一直在约会
And we've been seeing each other.
我以为你只想找些新体验
I thought you were just looking to experiment.
那你要抛下我去找她吗
So are you leaving me for her?
不
No.
我们能晚点再谈吗
Look, can we talk about this later?
我忘了 我们还得上电视
I forgot. We have to go on television
假装是一对完美的夫妻
and pretend to be the perfect married couple.
我们不是非得上节目
We don't have to do the show.
我们必须得去 所有人都指望我们呢
We have to go. Everyone's counting on us.
我们可以微笑 可以假装幸福
We can smile. We can fake it.
反正你一直都这么干
That's apparently what you've been doing anyway.
你们俩在哈佛时是否和保罗·弗罗因德
Did either of you cross paths with Paul Freund
打过交道
while you were at Harvard?
他教我们宪法
We had him for Constitutional Law.
他是我的同学
He was my classmate.
他知道你妻子在各州立法机构前游说时
And does he know your wife has been citing his article
一直在援引他的文章反对《平权修正案》吗
on the ERA in her testimony before state legislatures?
错误援引
Mis-citing.
我们没有联♥系♥
We're not in touch.
我懂了
I see.
你有孩子吗
Do you have children?
-不 还没有 -没有
- No. Not yet, no. - No.
你知道我最怀念坎布里奇的什么吗 秋天
You know when I miss Cambridge the most? In the fall.
那落叶
Oh, that foliage.
连侵权法学着都不觉得烦闷了
Made studying for torts less bleak.
首先 为大家介绍布兰达和马克·法斯托
First, let me introduce Brenda and Marc Fasteau--
布兰达·费根·法斯托30岁了
Brenda Feigen Fasteau is 30 years of age,
她毕业于哈佛法学院
and she is a graduate of the Harvard Law School,
美国公民自♥由♥联盟
the full-time director
妇女权利项目的
of the American Civil Liberties Union's
全职领导人
women's rights project
以及《平等权利修正案》的强烈拥护者
and a strong advocate of the Equal Rights Amendment.
她的丈夫是马克·费根·法斯托
Her husband is Marc Feigen Fasteau.
他今年31岁 也是哈佛法学院的毕业生
He is 31, also a graduate of the Harvard Law School.
他是个律师 现在正在写一本书
He is a lawyer, uh, and is now putting together a book
关于男性的性刻板印象
about male sexual stereotyping.
辩论的另一方是菲莉丝和弗莱德·施拉夫利夫妇
On the other side of the issue are Phyllis and Fred Schlafly.
施拉夫利太太是位家庭主妇 有六个孩子
Mrs. Schlafly, a housewife and mother of six,
是"反对ERA"的领导人
is the head of STOP ERA,
即反对《平等权利修正案》的国家组织
the national organization which opposes the Equal Rights Amendment.
施拉夫利先生是名律师
Now Mr. Schlafly is a lawyer,
他坚决支持他妻子的奋斗
and he strongly supports his wife's efforts.
我听说施拉夫利太太在伊利诺伊州
Now I am told that Mrs. Schlafly ran for the Congress twice
-竞选过两次国会议员 -是的
- in the state of Illinois... - That's right.
两次都落选了
...and lost both times.
她感谢所有投票给她的人
She thanked all the people who voted for her,
而她丈夫则感谢
and her husband thanked
所有没投票给她的人
all the people who did not vote for her.
-是的 马克 -我是马克
- Right, Marc, yeah. - I'm Marc.
是的 汤姆 没错
Uh, yes, uh, Tom. Right.
目前为止 已有33个州批准了《平权修正案》
So the ERA has been ratified by 33 states so far.
而法案必须得到38个州的批准才能...
Uh, it will have to be ratified by 38 states--
有两个州已经撤销批准了
And that's two that have rescinded.
内布拉斯加州和田纳西州
Nebraska and Tennessee are--
但州政♥府♥无权撤销批准
But states aren't really able to rescind,
所以首先我们要认清现实
so the first thing is to acknowledge the truth,
即女性受到了歧视
which is that women are discriminated against.
我一点也不这么认为
Well, I don't acknowledge that at all.
那我就说出我所见的事实吧
Well, then I'll just lay out my version of the truth.
在我们深入讨论之前 我想给
Before we get into that, I--I'd--I would like to give
施拉夫利太太和施拉夫利先生一个机会
Mrs. Schlafly and Mr. Schlafly an opportunity
具体说说他们认为这项修正案意味着什么
to enumerate what they think this amendment means,
然后我们再转向这一方
and then we'll come over to this side,
你再跟我们说说你和马克对修正案的看法
and you can say what you and Marc think it means.
-这样可以吗 -我会说我的想法
- Is that okay? - I'll say what I think,
马克也会说他的想法
and Marc will say what he thinks.
好 大家都各抒己见 行吗 很好
Okay, everyone will say what they think. All right? Fine.
开始吧 施拉夫利先生
Here we go. Mr. Schlafly.
根据《平权修正案》
Well, under the ERA,
可怜的姑娘们不得不供养家庭一半的花销
the poor girls would have to support the family 50%.
但我们难道不会获益吗 弗莱德
Oh, but, but wouldn't we be getting something for that, Fred?
-首先 汤姆 -也许能有点好处
- Oh, first, Tom... - We may well perhaps.
请让我直言
Uh, let me just say,
《平权修正案》会
the ERA would, uh,
给男女强加教条主义的平等
impose a doctrinaire equality on men and women
并且从女人那夺走
and take away from women
一些现在对女人来说至关重要
some of the most important rights and privileges
由法律授予的权利和特权
they now have by law,
所以我认为《平权修正案》就是个骗局
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表