剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
每天徒劳地等待着直升机
men who wait every day in vain for helicopters
送他们去医院
to take them to hospitals.
死者遗体仍然留在安禄
The dead will remain in An Loc.
越南城市
你不知道这个国家的女人
You don't know how serious women are
有多认真 参议员
in this country, Senator.
我对你的参选完全不感兴趣
I couldn't be less enthusiastic about your candidacy.
麦戈文参议员一直在女性议题上积极发声
Senator McGovern has been very vocal on women's issues.
我完全支持《平权修正案》的迅速批准
I fully support speedy ratification of the ERA.
所有人都支持 尼克松也支持《平权修正案》
Everyone does. Nixon supports the ERA,
但你的竞选要让人们看到更多女性身影
and you have to have more women visible in your campaign
因为现在她们缺席了
because right now they're just not there.
除了谢丽·麦克莱恩之外
Shirley MacLaine notwithstanding.
我觉得贝蒂想说女性
I think what Betty means is that women aren't...
经常被忽略
always listened to,
在新罕布♥什♥尔州初选之后我们聊过这个
something you and I talked about after New Hampshire,
你也打算让你的团队充分认识到
and you were going to impress upon your staff
女性助手在竞选活动中的重要性
the importance of taking female campaign aides seriously.
谢谢 格洛丽娅 我跟他们谈过了
Thank you, Gloria, and I have spoken with them.
我觉得男女的真正区别
I think it's fair to say the only place
只在于堕胎权利
we really differ with you is on abortion rights.
你最近还说了一些荒唐可笑的话
And you've been saying some ridiculous things lately.
恐怕今天的时间就到这里了
I'm afraid that's all the time that we have for today,
不过女士们 非常感谢你们的光临
but thank you, ladies, so much for coming in.
-对 非常感谢你们 -不 参议员
- Yes, thank you all very much. - Oh, no, Senator?
参议员还有别的会议
The Senator has another meeting.
乔治 乔治 打扰一下
George, George, if-- if I may.
我们可以不断推动堕胎的合法化
We can push and push for legalizing abortion,
但在它写入我们党派的纲领之前
but until it becomes part of our party's platform,
国会绝不会认为需要修改法律
Congress will never feel pressure to change the laws.
乔治哪怕在大会上提起
If George even mentions the word "Abortion"
"堕胎"这个词
at the convention,
尼克松就会把它变成他脖子上的枷锁
Nixon will hang it around his neck like a millstone.
那不如我们用个更笼统的词
So what if we use a more general term,
比如"生育自♥由♥"
like "Reproductive freedom"?
意义更广泛 不止包括堕胎
It's broad enough to include not just abortion
还包括废除节育 性取向
but repeal birth control laws, laws on sexual orientation,
-强制绝育等 -这个有意思
- forced sterilization. - That's interesting.
我觉得最妙的是 参议员
What I like about that, Senator,
它同时考虑到了女性和男性
is that it covers concerns of men as well as women.
我写了一稿给你用
I wrote a version you could use.
我可以看看吗
Can I see that?
你参与竞选是为了让我们免于战争
You got into this race to get us out of the war.
这就是我们的越南
This is our Vietnam.
我会再跟你联♥系♥
Let me get back to you.
你今晚随时可以在宾馆找到我
You can reach me at my hotel anytime tonight.
我会等你电♥话♥ 谢谢 乔治
I'll wait for your call. Thank you, George.
他不会打电♥话♥的
He's not gonna call.
他会打的
He's going to call.
天呐 格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆在跳踢踏舞
Oh, my God. Gloria Steinem is tap dancing.
我小时候就这样挣钱
It was how I earned money when I was a kid--
在俱乐部和超♥市♥开业仪式上表演
performed at clubs and supermarket openings.
我要一路跳出托莱多
I was going to dance my way out of Toledo.
这是我的伟大梦想
That was my great dream.
我是格洛丽娅
Yes, this is Gloria.
我现在没法聊 我...
I-I can't talk right now. I'm, uh...
我不能让电♥话♥占线
I have to keep the line free.
我走不了 我在等一个电♥话♥
I'm trapped. I'm waiting for a call.
你今晚准备做什么
What are you up to tonight?
大家一起去喝一杯 怎么样
Let's all go get a drink, yeah?
走吧 都出去吧
Come on. Everyone out.
你真的不能离开这个房♥间吗
You really can't leave this room?
现在我不想离开了
Well, now I don't wanna leave.
我们有多少时间
How long do we have?
最后一班火车还有两个小时
Two hours before the last train.
-好吧 但如果麦戈文来电♥话♥了... -我知道
- Okay, but if McGovern calls... - I know.
-你不会生气吧 -不 我不会生气
- You won't be mad? - Nah. I won't be mad.
你打算从女性服兵役
So are you gonna start with women in the draft
还是婚姻制度的侵蚀开始呢
or the institution of marriage being eroded?
我还没决定
I haven't decided yet.
你说你昨晚会做准备的
You said you prepared last night.
我的确准备了 你知道之后我们该做什么吗
I did prepare. You know what we should do afterwards?
我们应该去丹恩餐厅吃辣肉酱
We should stop by the Den for a bowl of chili.
好呀 如果有空的话
Yeah, if there's time.
我想主导起草
Well, I-I would lead with the draft
因为我觉得这样会更感性
because I think it's more emotional.
你想替我作证吗
Do you wanna testify instead of me?
我不是宪法专家
Oh, I'm--I'm not the expert in constitutional law.
我也不是宪法专家
I'm not the expert in constitutional law.
对 但你在法学院学过宪法
Yes, but you studied it in law school.
现在女权主义者请来了律师
Now, the libbers are sending in attorneys,
我认为我们也应该找一个
and I think that we should have
英俊优秀的律师
a handsome, brilliant one on our side.
我不得不为此重新安排了一个重要会议
I had to reschedule a very important meeting because of this.
我明白 我很感激
I know. I'm so grateful you did.
你是我的杀手锏
You're my secret weapon.
立刻通过《平权修正案》
ERA now!
立刻通过《平权修正案》
ERA now! ERA now!
立刻通过《平权修正案》
ERA now! ERA now!
女性不认为她们被婚姻所奴役
Our women do not consider themselves enslaved by marriage,
她们也不希望从家庭
and they do not wish to be liberated
和母亲身份中解放出来
from home and motherhood,
她们也绝对不想牺牲
and they certainly do not want to sacrifice
任何现有的特权
any of their present privileges
就为了达到和男性的虚假平等
for some phony equality with men.
《平权修正案》的一个副作用
One side effect of the Equal Rights Amendment
就是女性
would be that women...
你团队的其他人呢
Where is the rest of your group?
普通法赋予的权利应当被
...the Common Law right to be supported...
-她们在家里 -她们的丈夫所支持
- They're at home. - ...by their husbands.
你看见那两位女士了吗
Do you see those two ladies?
她们是议案的赞助者
They're the sponsors of the measure.
过去一个月 她们每天拉来几百个女性
They've been bringing in hundreds of women here every day
就为了游说我们 她们就要成功了
for the past month to lobby us. They're winning.
这是个数字游戏
Well, it's a numbers game.
你得统计来信和来电的数目
Count the letters and phone calls.
当群情激愤时就不是了
Not when it's this emotional.
我们可不打算向到众议院乞求怜悯
We're not about to throw ourselves on the House floor.
我们要有尊严地抗争
We're protesting with dignity.
当我的同僚看向大厅时
When my guys look out into the gallery,
你觉得哪一方会让他们感到压力
which side do you think they're gonna feel pressure from--
上百个叫喊着通过《平权修正案》的女士
the hundreds of ladies screaming for the ERA
还是尊严
or dignity?
因此育儿机构将会
...thus childcare centers could...
我甚至不知道斯普林菲尔德在哪里
I don't even know where Springfield is.
我租了大巴 你可以带上孩子
I've rented buses. You could bring your children with you.
会很有教育意义的
It'll be be educational.
听着 真正的力量在于参加的人
Look, the real power lies in who shows up.
人数多者获胜 除非我们的人数压过他们
It's a numbers game, so unless we outnumber them,
否则《平权修正案》就会在我们州通过
the ERA will be ratified right here in our own backyard.
即使我们明天能召集到一大群人
Even if we could get a big group to show up tomorrow,
我们也不敢去和立法者对话
we'd be too intimidated to talk to legislators.
弗莱德 也许你可以提出
Well, Fred, m-maybe you could, uh, come up
一些简单的谈话要点
with a few easy talking points.
为了什么
Huh? For what?
为众议院表决前的示♥威♥集♥会♥
For the rally before the floor vote in the House.
抱歉 我没听清
I'm sorry. I-I didn't hear what you said.
我在专心做面包
I focused on that bread.
还要五分钟才能冷却下来
It needs five minutes to cool.
薇莉 面包闻起来很香
That does smell so good, Willie.
我给你写张食谱
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表