剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
but you waltz around the country decrying us
为女性争取开放的就业机会作出的努力
for trying to open career opportunities to women,
这才是我无法忍♥受的 表里不一
and this is what I can't stand-- the hypocrisy.
我一直以来都坚信 当今的女性
I have always maintained that women today
能真正自♥由♥地去做选择
have true freedom of choice.
我们现在能选择做一位全职太太和一位母亲
Now we can choose to be a full-time wife and a mother,
或者可以选择去工作
or you can choose to go into the workforce
前提是同工同酬
on the basis of equal pay for equal work,
或两者兼而有之
or you can do both at the same time,
因为你的生活由你自己说了算
because your life is what you make it.
-这就是你要说的 -在美国女性
- Oh, is that what you say... - Now on the American women--
对那些选择成为全职太太和
...to the woman who chooses to be a full-time wife
-母亲的女性 -是的
- and mother? - Mm-hmm.
你声称非常关心的家庭主妇
The housewife that you claim to care so much about?
因为真正受到歧视的正是她们
Because they are the ones that are really discriminated against.
今天的美国女性是这世界上
American women today are the luckiest class of people
最幸运的一群人
on the face of the Earth.
-我们可以做任何 -法律并不因为
- We can do anything -The law does not enforce
-我们想做的事 -一个女人结婚了
- we want to do. - a woman's right to
就给予她相应的保障
be provided for so long as she's married.
-这是天方夜谭 -抱歉 主席
- That is a fairy tale. - I'm sorry, uh, uh, Chairman,
我以为我们是在辩论 不是自♥由♥讨论
I thought we were having a debate, not a free-for-all.
女性无法靠自己获得社会保障
A woman cannot be insured in her own right for Social Security,
如果最后婚姻破裂
and if her marriage ends in divorce,
她多年来对家庭付出的一切
all the work she did in the home for all those years
离婚协议中也不会予以考虑
is not taken into account in the settlement.
现有法律并未规定
There is no provision in existing law
任何离婚扶养费和子女赡养费
to enforce alimony and child support.
不过 你的生活由你自己说了算 对吧
But, hey, your life is what you make of it, right?
对方辩友运用了大量煽动性的话术
Now we have heard a lot of, uh, emotional oratory from my, uh, opponent,
但却完全没有提到
but not one single fact
《平等权利修正案》会为女性带来什么好处
about what the Equal Rights Amendment will do to benefit women.
对方在控诉我使用煽动性话术的同时 她...
My opponent accuses me of emotional oratory when she...
它并不能为她们
You see, it won't give them
争取到女性目前没有的任何权利或特权
any rights or privileges that they don't already have.
...却在恐吓女性 怂恿她们阻止我们这类人
...scares women that they should stop the likes of us
仿佛我们是要求政♥府♥为托儿所提供资金的
as if we're a communist for asking that the government
共♥产♥党
fund childcare centers.
我不认为 我们需要诉诸政♥府♥
I don't believe that we should look to the government
或宪法 来解决我们的个人问题
and our--our Constitution to solve our personal problems.
女性解放运动的
You see, this is the false lure
诱人伎俩就在于 幸福
of the women's liberation movement--happiness.
姑娘们 因为事实上
Because the fact is, girls,
《平权修正案》解决不了你们的个人问题
the ERA will not solve your personal problems.
它无法给你带来幸福的家庭生活
It will not hand you a happy home life.
也给不了你流行歌♥里唱的那种
It won't give you a Sunday kind of love,
经典爵士乐歌♥曲 发行于1946年
"周日般的恋爱" 当然更加无法
as the, uh, popular song goes, and it certainly will not, uh,
阻止你的丈夫变得善妒而小气
keep your husband from being jealous or petty
或在你人老珠黄时抛下你
or dumping you in your middle age
在你为他辛勤操持家业二三十年后
for a new, younger model after you have, uh, devoted yourself
转身投入年轻娇娘的怀抱
to keeping his home for 20 or 30 years,
因为你根本不能靠立法来规定
because you simply cannot legislate
全世界必须对中年女性抱有同情
universal sympathy for the middle-aged woman.
记住 在你抛弃自己的青春
Now remember this, before you throw away your youth
美貌和贞操
and your beauty and your virtue
加入这个新的悲惨姐妹团之前...
to join in this new sisterhood of misery--
比喻身为女性却屈服于男性利益的本性别背叛者
初见于50年代的芝加哥《保卫日报》
你是女性的叛徒 你就是汤姆阿姨
You are a traitor to your sex. You're an Aunt Tom.
你倒是说对了一件事
Now, uh, you are correct on one count.
我确实偶尔会离开家
I do leave my home on occasion,
周游全国各地
and I travel all over the country,
认识各行各业的女性
and I meet women from all walks of life,
而你 弗莱顿女士
and you, Ms. Friedan,
是我见过的最不幸福的女人
are the unhappiest woman I have ever met.
你就是个女巫
And you are a witch!
天 我真想把你绑到火刑柱上烧死
God, I'd like to burn you at the stake!
不会 恰恰相反 我很高兴
Oh, no. Well, on the contrary, I'm pleased
弗莱顿女士说了那样的话
that, uh, Ms. Friedan made that comment
也许现在人们会意识到
because maybe now people will realize
《平权修正案》的支持者
just how intolerant and intemperate
是多么狭隘暴戾
the proponents of the ERA really are.
谢谢你抽时间过来
Thanks so much for your time.
真的很谢谢你
Really appreciate it.
-贝蒂 -好
- Betty. - Yes. Uh...
-弗莱顿女士... -我...不了吧
- Ms. Friedan... - I...I...I can't.
她来了
There she is.
你答应了 对吗
You're in it, huh?
你和康拉德没事吧
But you and Conrad are good.
调查对我们俩都有影响
The investigation's taking a toll on us both.
无论你是开心还是难过
If you wanna be happy, if you wanna be sad,
我都在这里
I'm right here...
我还带来了蛋糕
and I got cake.
我们很想你
We missed you.
我们在行动了
We're doing it.
我们起名叫国家黑人女性组织
We're calling it the National Black Feminist Organization.
我们在头衔里加上"国家"
And we put "National" in the title
只是为了留住大家
just to get folks hooked,
然后就会散伙 各干各的
and then they'll break off and do their own thing.
两年后 她们就不会再关心了
Two years, they'll be done with all of it.
两年
Two years?
大家对这种事的兴趣只能维持这么久
That's all the time folks got to be into this shit.
但我不是 我会投入毕生心血
Not me, though. I'm a lifer.
大家都同意的是
The one thing that everybody could agree on
要选你来做我们第一个演讲人
is that you should be our first keynote speaker.
也许吧
Maybe.
嗯
Yeah.
我无法接受你们已经到了开车的年龄了
Oh, I can't accept you boys are old enough to drive,
更别提结婚了
much less get married.
别担心 我在家很开心
Oh. Don't worry. I'm perfectly happy living at home,
身边都是共♥产♥党和荡♥妇♥呢
running around with commies and floozies.
菲莉丝
Phyllis!
我只想谢谢你所做的努力
I just wanna say thank you for the work you're doing.
你羞辱了贝蒂·弗莱顿
You put Betty Friedan in her place.
我们终于有属于自己的话事人了
Finally, we have our own champion.
谢谢你们
Well, thank you so much.
我知道我应该闭上嘴巴 穿上米黄色的衣服
I know. I should shut my mouth and wear beige,
但是我的个人颜色分♥析♥...
but my personal color analysis says...
-请坐 -我的风格偏冷
- Sit down. - ...I'm a winter person.
来吧
Oh. Go. Come on.
-你看起来美极了 -谢谢你
- You look absolutely stunning. - Thank you.
我愿意此刻再次和她结婚
I'd marry her again right now.
-今天真是个特殊的日子 -虽然我儿子要结婚了
- What a special day. - My son may be getting married,
但是大家都只关心
but all anyone wants to know
菲莉丝·施拉夫利什么时候会到
is when the Phyllis Schlafly is arriving.
你一定很开心吧
You must be on top of the world.
-恭喜你 -谢谢你
- Congratulations. - Thank you.
女子工作间
弗莱顿称对手为"汤姆阿姨"
格洛丽娅
吃掉[去死]
爱你的阿尔·戈德斯坦
你在《"日"报》的朋友
《菲莉丝·沙弗利报告》
《平权修正案》对家庭的伤害
国家黑人女性组织
代表
谢丽·奇泽姆
我不是故意吓到你的
I didn't mean to scare you.
我们要去弗洛家讨论
We got to talking at Flo's.
如果你们需要一个开会之类的地方
If you ever need a place for meetings or anything,
你们可以随时用我们的办公室
you're welcome to use our offices here.
谢谢
Thanks.
我们会找到地方的
We'll find something.
娜塔莉 我会下楼看《莫德》的
Natalie, I'll come down to watch "Maude,"
但是我不饿 我也不想聊...
but I'm not hungry, and I don't wanna talk about the--
我是格洛丽娅
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表