剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
So let's start with the draft.
好 国会目前有权
Right, well, Congress, uh, currently has the power
让女性免除兵役
to exempt women from the draft,
但是《平权修正案》就会不公地夺走这一权力
but the ERA would unfairly take away that power,
把我们的女儿送上前线
and, uh, send our daughters into the front lines,
让她们出生入死
uh, into combat duty, allow--
但是今年早些时候 国防部长
But, uh, earlier this year, the Secretary of Defense
宣布停止征兵了
announced the end of the draft.
是没错 但是国会已经提出了法案要恢复征兵
Yes, but there are already bills in Congress to reinstate the draft.
没人有办法
Now, um, I don't know anybody who has the solution
永远结束战争
to any wars for all time.
我的问题是
So the question is,
我们想让女性和男性一样被同等对待吗
do we want women to be treated just like men?
越南战争
Uh, Vietnam, uh,
你有见到哪位女性跑到征兵局说
did you see any women running to the draft board, saying,
"我想和男性一样拥有被征兵的权利"吗
"I want my equal rights to be drafted just like the men"?
这个论点是在分散注意力
Well, that's a distracting argument.
不 我觉得这至关重要 因为
No, I think it's a crucial argument, because--
就算《平权修正案》通过 他们也恢复了征兵
If the ERA passes, and they do reinstate the draft...
女性也不会被强制要求上战场
Women would not be forced to go to war
因为军队有权
because the military has the right
决定派谁去打仗
to determine who goes into combat.
是 但那些决定就不是
Yes, but they wouldn't be able to make those determinations
基于性别作出的了 这是违宪的
on the basis of sex. It would be unconstitutional.
好吧
Fine.
你说《平权修正案》会剥夺
Let's, uh...you say that the ERA will take away
全职主妇的权利
the rights of, uh, full-time homemakers.
-没错 -但是
- That's right. - But--
因为生孩子的是女性
Since it is the woman who has the baby.
因此现有法律认可这一事实
so our current law recognizes this fact,
允许女性有权待在家中
and it allows the woman her right to stay in her home
照看孩子 得到丈夫的供养
with her baby and be supported by the husband. Now--
这不是法律 这是常态
That is not the law. That is the norm.
但是法律明确规定
Yes, but the law clearly
让丈夫承受经济负担
places the financial burden on the husband.
你父亲失业后
When your father lost his job,
法律保护了你母亲吗
did the law protect your mother?
弗莱德...
Fred...
贝蒂·弗莱顿不知道这件事
Betty Friedan doesn't know about that--
她是不是得出门打两份工
Didn't she have to go out and get two jobs
-才能勉强养家糊口 -你这么说不公平
- just to keep food on the table? - You're not being fair.
我在表达观点 这是场辩论 回击啊
It's--I'm making a point. It's a debate. Fight back.
-别 -法律有没有保护你妈妈
- Stop-- - Did the law protect your mother?
-别说了 -是谁夺走了她的特权
- Stop it. - Who took her privileges away?
我说了住嘴 你这是在故意激怒我
I said stop it. You're just trying to make me emotional.
瞧见没 这样才能赢下辩论
See, that's how you win a debate.
你怎么没去上课
Why aren't you at your lesson?
埃莉诺姑妈说我不用下水
Aunt Eleanor said I didn't have to go in.
埃莉诺姑妈说了不算
Well, it's not up to Aunt Eleanor.
快点 游泳老师在等着呢
Come on. Your swim teacher's waiting.
安今天不想去
Well, Anne wasn't up for it today.
你在费城的时候 她在泳池受到了惊吓
When you were in Philadelphia, she had a scare in the pool.
她等得越久 就越难学会
Well, the longer she waits, the harder it will be.
-我不想去 -让她慢慢来吧
- I don't want to. - Let her take her time.
我的孩子不能被恐惧打倒
Fear will not be something that stops my child.
你不能被恐惧打倒
Now fear is not gonna stop you.
来
All right.
看见没 完成了
See? Now it's done.
你做得很棒 亲爱的
You did great, sweetheart.
真的很棒
Yeah. You really did.
那根本不是你
It's not even you.
就是我 跟我一样的发型
That is me. She has my hair.
一样的脸蛋 一样的飞行员眼镜
She has my face, my aviators.
还有跟我一样的阴♥唇♥
And my labia.
至少我这几个月以来
Well, I had a few blissful months
还能有幸感到我的身体由我做主
of feeling I had control over my body.
这是禁止令的副本
It's the copy of the cease and desist letter
已经发到了阿尔·戈德斯坦的办公室
I sent to Al Goldstein's office.
美国色情皇帝
该杂♥志♥创办人之一
这应该能让他闭嘴了
That should shut him up.
伤害已经造成 他无法收回我看过的事实
The damage is done. He can't take back that I saw it.
你能也发一份禁止令
Could you also send a cease and desist letter
到贝蒂的公♥寓♥吗
to Betty's apartment?
我搞不懂为什么一所有声望的大学
I don't understand how a respected university
会邀请贝蒂·弗莱顿与一位
invites Betty Friedan to share the stage with a woman
靠约翰·博奇协会和3K党资助的女人同台辩论
who gets her funding from the Birchers and the Klan.
她没法证明 也没人在乎
She couldn't prove it, and no one cares.
效果可能会很好 贝蒂实力不容小觑
It could go well. Betty's a force of nature.
她会吓到她的
She will terrorize her.
问题是记者一直跟着贝蒂
The problem is the press follows Betty wherever she is.
菲莉丝就会得到媒体关注
Phyllis will get media attention,
而这正是她想要的 这是个错误
which is what she's after. It's a mistake.
-那就阻止她 -我 你去阻止她
- So stop her. - Me? You stop her.
她又不是在追求我的关注
It's not my attention she's after.
我们这是政♥治♥运动 不是姐妹会
We're a political movement, not a sorority.
每次我向她伸出援手
Every time I reach a hand out to her,
我的手都会被砍断
I pull back a bloody stump.
早点习惯吧
Well, get used to it.
男人想要把你拉下马
Men are gonna try and tear you down,
女人则想要与你竞争
and women are gonna compete with you,
你必须得同时应付这两方
and you have to deal with both.
我多想写出一本能作为女人谈资的书
What I would give to write a book that women talk about
就像她们谈论《女性奥秘》一样
like they talk about "The Feminine Mystique."
我多想退休 到汉普顿生活
I would retire to the Hamptons
倾听海浪滔滔
and listen to the waves crashing.
你午餐要迟到了
You're gonna be late for your lunch.
你能尝试在我回来之后
Can you try and get Betty Friedan on the phone
-打通贝蒂·弗莱顿的电♥话♥吗 -好
- when I get back? - Sure.
也不用太强求
Don't try too hard.
妈妈
Mom?
请你不要当众大吵大闹
Please don't make a scene.
如果她不想我大吵大闹
If she didn't want a scene,
她就不应该送你那种
then she shouldn't have given you a blouse
只适合特定类型的成年女性的衬衫
that's only appropriate for a certain type of grown-up woman.
贝蒂 很高兴见到你
Betty, it's so nice to see you.
我很喜欢你上一♥期♥的专栏
Loved your last column.
你没见过面就去约会的那个神秘男人是谁
Who is this mystery man you went on a blind date with?
没有后续的
Oh, it was just a one-time thing.
他没有给我打电♥话♥
You know, he hasn't called.
而且 他也不是我喜欢的类型
Anyway, he wasn't my type.
男人啊
Men.
我真高兴你这次上门了
I'm so happy you came to the door this time.
我一直想告诉你
I've been meaning to tell you,
你经常听到这些恐怖故事
you hear these horror stories.
孩子们总是很讨厌新保姆
The kids always hate the new wife,
但是艾米丽真是太棒了
but Emily has been wonderful,
我知道她一定是遗传了你的特点
and I know that comes from you.
我希望你不介意我这么说
I hope it's okay I said that.
妈妈
Mom?
我爱你
I love you.
我更爱你
I love you more.
娜塔莉
Natalie.
我有时会偷偷来这儿给植物浇浇水
I sneak up here sometimes to water the plants.
贝蒂不擅长种花草
Betty has a black thumb.
我就住在楼下 我们是好朋友
I live in the apartment below. We're--We're good friends.
你还在《哈珀杂♥志♥》工作吗
Are you still at "Harper's"?
是的 如果你什么时候要上时尚板块
Yes, but if you ever start a style section,
我很乐意做你的顾问
I would be happy to consult.
不过我收费很高就是了
Just know that I am a very expensive hire.
我真的很需要与贝蒂谈谈
I...I really need to speak to Betty.
我一直在给她打电♥话♥
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表