剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
美国夫人
第二集
本剧改编自因《平等权利修正案》引发的政♥治♥斗争和辩论的相关真实事件
部分剧中角色和一些场景对话做了戏剧创作和改编
格洛丽娅
当我穿上一身红裤套装
When I put on a red pantsuit
而我丈夫甚至没注意
and my husband doesn't notice,
那可不是好事
that's bad.
所以我会小心热量摄入 那是好事
So I watch my calories. That's good.
一杯充满气泡的
There's only 2 calories
8盎司弗雷斯卡只有两卡路里
in a big, bubbly 8-ounce glass of Fresca.
不含糖 不含糖精
No sugar. No saccharinates.
是非常好的减肥软饮
It's an honest to goodness diet soft drink.
我喜欢弗雷斯卡
I like Fresca.
今天越南发来的照片要比昨天好多了
The picture from Vietnam today is way better than yesterday.
现在有四个区域
There are now four areas of...
晚上好 施拉夫利家
Good evening. Schlafly residence.
-我是菲莉丝 -你好 是安
- Phyllis speaking. - Hello. It's Ann
俄克拉荷马城的 安·帕特森
from Oklahoma City. Ann Patterson?
1972年4月
安 当然了
Oh! Ann, of course. Ann.
38州已有8州批准了《平权修正案》
很高兴你能打来 你复活节过得好吗
Good to hear from you. Did you have a nice Easter?
奇迹 真是复活节的复活奇迹
Oh, miraculous. A true Easter resurrection.
菲莉丝 我们做到了
Phyllis, we did it.
我们在抢先之州击败了
We defeated the Equal Rights Amendment
《平等权利修正案》
in the Sooner State.
是你做到了
You did that.
他们在参议院靠口头表决
Well, they jammed it through the Senate
阻挠议事了 没有听证
with just a voice vote, no hearing,
但我们得以让它没在众议院通过
but we were able to keep it from being passed in the House,
这都因为
and all thanks to that
你那篇时事通讯里的文章
one little article in your newsletter.
我把它拿给每一位立法者看了
I handed it to every legislator.
太好了 安 我简直太自豪了
Oh, well, that's swell, Ann. I couldn't be more proud.
我现在想 我该给其他州的朋友打电♥话♥
So now I'm thinking I should call our friends in other states
鼓励她们也这么做
and encourage them to do the same.
这场仗我们能赢
It's a winnable fight.
是的 在俄克拉荷马州吧
Yes, well, in Oklahoma.
你能把你的邮寄名单寄给我吗
Can you send me copies of your mailing list?
罗杰
Roger!
抱歉 安 我得回头打给你了
I'm--I'm sorry, Ann. I am gonna have to call you back.
我的孩子都爬我身上了
I have children crawling all over me.
-没问题 -好
- Oh, of course. - Mm-hmm. All right.
-跟你聊天很愉快 -那好
- Good to talk to you. - Okay, then--
我的邮寄名单我花了数年积累
It's taken me years to build up my mailing list.
那是我的网络
That's my network.
而且安似乎根本不懂
You know, and the fact that Ann doesn't understand that
这表明她完全不理解政♥治♥
suggests she doesn't know a whole lot about politics.
那是妈妈的箱子吗
Are those Mother's boxes?
那个放客房♥
Well, they--they go in the guest room.
我的名单很宝贵
No, my--my list is valuable.
你不是说她搬进这里住吗
I thought you said she was moving in here.
约翰毕业后可能会搬回来
No, John might move back after graduation.
是我写出了时事通讯里的论点
No, I'm the one who developed the arguments in my newsletter.
而她不过是递了出去
All she did was hand it out.
难道我就任她那么做吗
I'm supposed to let her run with it.
如果你要做
Well, if you're gonna run with it,
可得赶快
you better do it fast
否则它要在你的家乡州获得批准了
before it's ratified in your home state
你就别想立足了
and you lose all credibility.
那是太丢人了
That would be an embarrassment.
我想留在圣路易斯
I wanted to stay in St. Louis,
你偏要拖着我穿过密西西比河
and you had to drag me across the Mississippi.
这里的密西西比河更好看
It's a better view of the Mississippi,
是我拖你了吗
and I dragged you?
你救了我
Well, you saved me.
我要阻止《平权修正案》在这里获得批准
I am gonna have to stop the ERA being ratified here.
伊利诺伊州不是俄克拉荷马州
Well, Illinois is not Oklahoma.
没错 可能性是不大
No, yeah, yeah, it's a long shot.
这里是艾德莱·史蒂文森[政♥治♥家]It's the home of Adlai Stevenson
和戴利那台芝加哥机器的大本营
and Daley's Chicago machine.
但世事难料 而且对我有利的是
Well, you--you never know. Um, you know, the one thing
女权主义者认为这事已经板上钉钉
I've got going for me is the feminists think it's settled.
她们没想着会有人抵抗
They--They're not expecting a fight.
另一件对你有利的事是
The other thing you've got going for you is, uh,
没人喜欢女权主义者 包括自♥由♥党人
no one likes feminists, not even liberals.
这倒是真的
Oh, that's true.
他们可没意思了
They're no fun.
如果你这样做不是会吸引更多读者吗
Wouldn't you attract a wider readership
把简·方达或劳伦·赫顿
if you put Jane Fonda or Lauren Hutton
放在封面
on the very first cover
而不是这位脸上涂满油彩的章鱼女士
instead of this octopus lady with face paint?
这位可不是章鱼女士 她是印度女神迦梨
It is not an octopus lady. It is the Hindu goddess Kali,
脸上的是她流下的泪水
and those are tears streaming down her face
因为她得同时应付
because she has to juggle all the demands
工作和婚姻的需求
of her work and marriage.
如果《女士杂♥志♥》的作者 受众及内容
If "Ms." is almost exclusively written
几乎都是女性
by, for, and about women,
那不就和《花♥花♥公♥子♥》一样肤浅吗
isn't it as one-dimensional as "Playboy"?
你这问题是认真的吗
Is that a serious question?
你不觉得这很乏味吗
You don't think that's a drag?
我觉得《花♥花♥公♥子♥》才乏味
I think "Playboy" is a drag.
你是否担心煽动堕胎的广♥告♥
Are you worried that the provocative ad on abortion
会疏远美国中部的女性
will alienate women in the middle of America?
这个国家的大多数人
A majority of people in this country
都支持每个女性支配自己身体的权利
support every woman's right to control her own body.
除非我们拥有这一权利
Until we have that right,
否则谈不上真正的平等
we can never truly be equal.
谢谢大家 谢谢
Thank you, everyone. Thank you.
斯坦奈姆小姐 斯坦奈姆小姐
Ms. Steinem! Ms. Steinem!
酒杯很小 所以我拿了两杯
They were itty-bitty, so I got two.
瞧 是格洛丽娅
Look. Oh, Gloria!
我刚经过安迪·沃霍尔 他连招呼都没打一声
I walked past Andy Warhol. He didn't even say hello.
谁让你当了瓦莱丽·索拉纳斯的律师
You did represent Valerie Solanas.
激进女性主义作家 曾试图暗♥杀♥沃霍尔
我也不怎么称职 那女孩被判了三年
Not that well. The girl got three years.
波士顿那个出租车司机怎么说的来着...
What did that taxi driver in Boston say to us...
-斯坦奈姆小姐 -如果男人怀孕
- Ms. Steinem... - ...about if men got pregnant?
"如果男人能怀孕
"If men could get pregnant,
堕胎就会是圣礼"
abortion would be a sacrament."
我记不得了
I couldn't remember it.
你下一本封面应该放怀孕的尼克松
You should put a pregnant Nixon on your next cover.
我下一本封面要放谢丽
I'm putting Shirley on my next cover.
我要为此喝一杯
I will drink to that.
斯坦奈姆小姐 我能问你最后一个问题吗
Ms. Steinem, can I ask you one last question,
如果你不介意
if you don't mind?
贝蒂·弗莱顿昨天在一次演讲中说道
Uh, Betty Friedan, in a speech yesterday said,
"格洛丽娅从未参与过
"Gloria has never been part
有组织的女性解放运动
"of the organized women's liberation movement.
媒体想把她捧成名人
"The media tried to make her a celebrity,
但人们不该误以为她是领导者"
but no one should mistake her for a leader."
你对此有何回应
Any comment?
如果我担任女权运动的领导者
If I have a lot of problems with my being a leader
有很多不足 那她一定有更多不足
in the women's movement, I'm sure she has a lot more.
派对很棒 格洛丽娅
Great party, Gloria.
我们不能被她转移注意力
We can't get distracted by her.
我们加入大会的势头很足
We got a lot of momentum going into the conventions.
候选人认可我们是真正的政♥治♥力量
The candidates recognize that we're a real political force.
连麦戈文都同意坐下和我们谈谈
Even McGovern's agreed to sit down with us.
但我们需要一张脸 一张漂亮的脸
But we need a face-- a pretty face.
这是我对运动唯一的价值吗
Is that my only value to the movement?
不 我们还需要你的奶♥子♥和屁♥股♥
No, we need your tits and ass, too.
我不希望人们听我说话
I don't want people listening to me
只是因为我有张漂亮脸蛋
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表