剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
你的料得更猛些
You'll have to do better than that.
不是 如果她是伯奇主义分子
Well, no, but if she's a Bircher,
很有可能
there's a good chance
她私底下是个种族主义者
that she's got some white sheets in her closet.
但我们并没有证据
But we don't have proof.
而且他们的会员名册不会对外公布
And they don't exactly share their membership rolls.
我们得利用门路找到证据
Well, we should use our resources to find evidence.
扳倒她
Take her down.
这正中那些男性金主的下怀
That is exactly what the men with money want us to do.
他们拿女性作幌子 挑起女人间的内斗
They use women as a cover to orchestrate a catfight
混淆视听
to distract everyone
这样他们就能在背后逍遥自在
so they can sit in dark rooms and smoke cigars
坐收渔翁之利
and count their money.
完全不跟她打交道才是明智之举
The smartest thing for us to do is not engage with her at all.
不然只会制♥造♥更多头条新闻
It'll only create more headlines.
我同意 格洛丽娅说得对
I agree. Gloria's right.
我们应该严格遵守计划
We should stick to the program,
减肥互助会上就是这么说的
as they say in Weight Watchers.
说得好像你真参加过减肥互助会一样
Like you would know what they say at Weight Watchers.
我们能就地达成共识
Can we all make a pact right here and now
不要去搭理她好吗
not to give her the time of day?
贝蒂
Betty.
好吧 我同意
Fine. I agree.
除非需要我帮忙 否则我绝不出手
I only show up when my help is needed.
菲莉丝·沙弗利的这笔钱
Phyllis "Schafly" did not get this money
并不是从她的养家费里掏出来的
from her housekeeping money.
我有证据表明
I have found evidence
她和她的"反对ERA"组织
that she and her STOP ERA organization
接受了约翰·伯奇协会的资金支持
received funding from the John Birch Society,
我也认为 她同...
and I believe she has ties to...
三K党关系密切
the Ku Klux Klan.
是我 没错
Yes, this is she. Yes.
明尼苏达州
谁
Who?
早上好
Oh, good morning.
受到约翰·伯奇协会的资助 不好意思 什么
Funded by the Birch Society? I'm sorry, what?
三K党 这指控太荒唐了
The Klan? Oh, no. Uh, this charge is ridiculous.
我从未接受过任何机构的任何资助
I have not, uh, received a dime from any organization,
不像... 那都是...
unlike--well, that's all--
不 等等 我的回应是
No, wait. Here's a quote.
我希望弗莱顿女士继续调查
I hope Ms. Friedan keeps investigating,
因为这能帮她摆脱困境
because it keeps her out of trouble.
不好意思 文章什么时候见报
Sorry, when--when's this article coming out?
好的 谢谢你的来电
All right. Thank you for calling.
这消息简直太棒了
This is terrific news.
贝蒂·弗莱顿 最负盛名的女权分子
Betty Friedan, the most famous of the libbers,
在新闻媒体前攻击我
is attacking me in the press.
我还以为格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆
I thought Gloria Steinem
是最有名的女权分子
was the most famous libber.
重点在于 她们这是在承认
Well, the point is that they are acknowledging
我们是一股不可小觑的力量
that we are a force to be reckoned with.
但这不是有些糟糕吗
But isn't it kind of awful?
我可不想跟约翰·伯奇协会扯上关系
I don't wanna be associated with the John Birch society
或是三K党 或是任何种族主义团体
or the Klan or any racist groups.
不 约翰·伯奇协会不是个种族主义团体
No, the John Birch Society is--is not a-a racist group.
它只是反对共♥产♥主义
It's anti-communist.
-就是 -反正那不重要
- Exactly. - Anyway, doesn't matter,
因为我们并不隶属于任何一个组织
because we're--we're not affiliated with anybody.
你不是在指我有种族偏见吧
You're not suggesting that I'm prejudiced.
-我... -不 当然不是了
- I... - No, no, of course not.
没人那么认为 女权分子撒谎成性
No one thinks that. The libbers lie all the time.
而且我们现在成功在望 她们更加走投无路了
And they're getting even more desperate now that we're winning.
没错
That's right.
大家是不知道你跟薇莉有多亲近...
If people only knew how close you are with Willie...
你都教她女儿识字了
You taught her daughter how to read.
有没有可能有些州的分会
But is it possible some of the state chapters
在接受这些团体的资助
are taking money from these groups?
比如玛丽·弗兰西斯
Maybe Mary Frances?
爱丽丝 我的严格管理你是知道的
Alice, now you know I run a tight ship.
我当然知道了
Of course you do.
好 以防万一 我会去跟她谈谈
All right. Well, I will, uh, I will talk to her just in case.
-好 -现在的情况是
- Good. - Now the fact is that
这些女权分子害怕了
the libbers are running scared.
她们没有一点好的论据来支撑《平权修正案》
They have not a single good argument to make for the ERA,
所以她们只好抹黑我们
so they're launching this, uh, smear campaign.
我和我丈夫就是约翰·伯奇协会的成员
My husband and I are John Birch Society members.
我...这是你的权利
Well, I... Well, that--that's your right,
但是这件事你自己知道就好
and I think maybe you should just keep that to yourself.
这篇文章明天就会发表
Now this article is coming out tomorrow,
所以我们需要复印个几百份
so we need to make a few hundred copies
发给我们的各个分部
and send them out to all our chapters
还有每一档广播新闻节目
and every radio news program,
因为我们要让大家知道
'cause we need to let them know that the, uh,
这些女权领袖
women's lib leaders are making
对我的攻击有多么滑稽
these ludicrous attacks against me.
我去接水
I'll just go and fill this up.
好了 都行动起来吧
All right. Let's get to it, huh?
没事 我等一下吧
No, I can--I can wait.
您请
Please. Go ahead.
这篇文章会引起大家的关注
The article will call attention to the fact
即便会有成千上万的生命得以拯救
that even though thousands of lives will be saved,
贫困女性仍然负担不起堕胎费用
abortion isn't affordable for poor women.
我的点子也是关于堕胎的
My pitch is also about abortion.
我知道大家都很想写罗的案子
I know we're all eager to write about Roe,
但我们至少也要涵盖几篇
but we should at least have a couple of articles
运动中其他议题的文章吧
about other areas of the movement.
我只能想到这个了
But it's all I can think about.
玛格丽特 你有什么想法吗
Margaret, you have something?
我想探讨
I would like to explore the idea
在职场中搞门面主义的问题
of tokenism in the workplace.
这种现象是指 扶持出了一名少数族裔
This phenomenon that happens where one minority is propped up
就认为代表了其整个群体
to cover the experience of an entire population.
如同白人一样 我们黑人也是多样化的
Like the white population, we are diverse within ourselves.
什么意思 你们也是多样化的
What does that mean, diverse within ourselves?
黑人的经验和经历不是单一的
There is not a monolithic black experience.
等等 你在这里没有这种感受吧
Wait. Sorry, you're not saying you feel that way here.
看看我们上一♥期♥杂♥志♥
Uh, look at our latest issue.
不 完全没有
No. No, not at all.
如果你有这种想法 就应该说出来
If you ever feel that way, you should say something.
我们不搞等级制度
There's no hierarchy here.
没错
Right.
我对一个突然兴起的新组织
I've been doing a lot of research about a new organization
做了很多调查 "反对ERA"
that just sprang up-- STOP ERA.
菲莉丝·施拉夫利和一群家庭主妇
Phyllis Schlafly and a bunch of housewives
给立法者送面包
take bread to legislators.
老天 行了 我们知道送面包的事
God, yes, we know about the bread.
我和这娃想得一样
My feelings exactly.
我知道 但是现在...
I know, but now--
我觉得我们不应该给她任何关注
I don't think we should give her any airtime at all.
但是现在贝蒂受邀要和她辩论...
I know, but now that Betty's been invited to debate her...
什么
What?
-《女士杂♥志♥》 -在伊利诺伊州立大学
- "Ms." Magazine. - At Illinois State University.
-什么 -《女士杂♥志♥》
- Excuse me? - "Ms." Magazine.
有什么可以帮您的吗
How can I help you?
《女士杂♥志♥》 请问有什么事吗
"Ms." Magazine. How can I help you?
这么多来电是什么情况
What's going on with the phones?
《女士杂♥志♥》
"Ms." Magazine.
什么
What?
你从哪得到的电♥话♥
Where did you get this number?
什么杂♥志♥
Which magazine?
没人愿意舔你的蛋
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表