剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
美国夫人
第九集[剧终]
本剧改编自因《平等权利修正案》引发的政♥治♥斗争和辩论的相关真实事件
部分剧中角色和一些场景对话做了戏剧创作和改编
里根
五分钟
Five minutes!
-给 要火吗 -谢谢
- Here. Do you want a light? - Oh. Thank you.
你打算专攻哪方面法律
What kind of law are you planning to specialize in?
宪法 你呢
Oh, constitutional. And you?
我没参加考试
Oh, I didn't take the bar.
你不觉得做律师
You don't think practicing law
跟你对女人的合适地位的
runs contrary to your preachings
看法相抵触吗
on a woman's proper place?
伪装不错 施拉夫利太太
Nice disguise, Mrs. Schlafly.
我没时间弄头发
I didn't have time to fix my hair.
我是《论♥坛♥报》的
I'm with the "Tribune."
我已经养大了六个孩子 我想做什么都行
I have raised six children. I can do whatever I want.
我一向都是这么说的
I've always said that women can do whatever they want.
《平权修正案》还差三州没通过
国会批准了将最后期限延长三年
很好
Oh, yes.
如果我是你 我可以选
Well, if I were you, and I had a choice,
我会来我的晚会 因为会见到
I'd come to my gala, 'cause it'll be pleasant,
让人愉快的好人 你也会享受其中
lovely, nice people, and you'll have a good time.
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》可能要报道我们
I think "The New York Times" is gonna cover us.
我们肯定能给你安排下
Well, I'm sure we could fit you in,
但我还需要确认 谢谢
but I would need confirmation. Thank you.
你让我和洛蒂跟一些
You put Lottie and I at tables
无名小卒坐在一桌
with a bunch of nobodies.
你让...
You've put...
你们可是贵宾
Oh, you're the distinguished guests.
我得把你们平均分配
I just have to, uh, spread you around
就像水果沙拉里的樱桃
like, uh, cherries in a fruit salad.
但我想跟海尔姆斯参议员坐同一桌
But I wanted to be at the same table as Senator Helms
让他给我的书签名
so he could sign my book.
他写了前言呢
He wrote the forward.
肯定是他哪个助手写的
Oh, one of his aides wrote that.
那我们在晚会上一定要把你介绍给他
Well, then we better make sure to introduce you to him at the gala.
爱丽丝
Alice.
我想来看看我能不能帮你们做
Thought I'd stop by to see if I can help
最后的筹划
with any last-minute planning.
我都不知道你还打算来
Well, I wasn't sure you'd be coming at all.
我当然要来 巴克也会来
Of course I am, and Buck, too.
你这一年没怎么参与
You haven't been around much all year.
对不起 我太忙于做奶奶了
I'm sorry. I've just been so busy with grandma duty,
但我把今年所有
but I have typed up all the names
《平权修正案》投票的代表名字打出来了
of the new representatives for this year's ERA vote.
真不敢相信我还要继续应付
I cannot believe we have to push this boulder up
这破事三年
for another three years.
需要我做什么
How can I help?
你先把晚会的新闻稿
Why don't you start by typing up
打出来吧
the press release for the gala? Hmm?
好
Sure.
孙子们怎么样了
How are the grandkids?
让人忙啊
Uh, a handful.
但是 男孩嘛
Well, you know. Boys.
"女权分子获得了《平权修正案》投票
"The women's libbers are rewarded with an extension
期限延长的机会 尽管在休斯顿
"Of the ERA deadline despite our pro-family
我们的支持家庭集♥会♥参与人数是他们两倍"
rally in Houston being twice as big as..."
你确定我们集♥会♥的人数是两倍吗
Are you sure the crowd at our rally was twice as big?
-当然 -绝对的
- Yes. - Definitely.
我最清楚了 我两场都去了
I should know. I was at both.
感觉人没多那么多
It didn't feel that much bigger.
撒旦的毁灭力量
Satan's destructive forces
非常强大 资金也充足
are so strong and well-financed.
很容易让人迷惑
It's easy to get confused.
埃里克 回来
Eric! Come back here!
不 你忘了给帕梅拉和凯文留座位了
Oh, no, you forgot to find a seat for Pamela and Kevin.
他们去不了了
Oh, uh, they can't make it.
但你七年来为此付出了那么多
Oh, you've worked so hard for seven years.
你理应去庆祝一下
You deserve to celebrate.
凯文不想花那个钱 所以...
Kevin didn't wanna spend the money, so...
说不定我们能想想办法
Well, maybe we could figure something out.
-你应该和他谈谈 -菲莉丝说
- You should talk to him. - Phyllis says that
得让男人觉得自己是一家之主
a man needs to feel like the king of his castle.
不然他们会耍性子
Otherwise, they act out.
你对她这么说了
You told her that?
嫁给男人又不是为了改造他
Well, you don't marry a man to reform him.
我一直想找时间告诉他
I've been trying to take the time to let him know
我有多需要他
how much I need him.
保持积极心态很关键
It's all about a positive mental attitude.
晚会上会有惊喜环节
There are going to be some fun surprises at the gala.
我很期待
I'm looking forward to it.
是吗
Are you?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
菲莉丝太宽容了 容易轻信他人
Phyllis is so kind and trusting.
她没看出来你怎么了 但我一清二楚
She doesn't see what's going on, but I do.
-你在说什么呢 -忠诚
- What are you talking about? - Loyalty.
你质疑我的忠诚
You're questioning my loyalty?
我看得出你没有把心投入在斗争里
I can tell your heart isn't in the fight.
我一直就跟菲莉丝说 你会变得厌烦
I always said to Phyllis you'd get bored
最后退出不干
and drop off eventually.
我一直忠心耿耿
My commitment has never changed.
是我让菲莉丝注意到了《平权修正案》
I'm the one who brought the ERA to Phyllis' attention.
你还整理了所有的信息资料
You gathered everything into a box.
这句话都有点说烂了
That story is getting a little old.
我一直支持着菲莉丝
I've always supported Phyllis
那时的事情简单明了
when things were simple and clear,
那时是为了维护我们在家中的地位
when it was about protecting our place in the home.
但在这个过程中
But somewhere along the way,
我们追求的东西变了
it's become about something else.
我们正处在一场保守主义革命当中
We are in the midst of a conservative revolution.
在遭受了多年的排斥和忽视之后
After years of being ostracized and discounted,
宗教正在政♥治♥舞台获得话语权
religious voices are being heard in the political arena.
你真以为不会造成牺牲吗
Did you really think there'd be no casualties?
这比《平权修正案》更为重大
It's bigger than the ERA now.
我很乐意为总统效劳
I serve at the pleasure of the president.
我同时还要照顾五个孩子 一个丈夫
I also serve five kids, a husband,
两只猫 两条狗和十四只兔子
two cats, two dogs, 14 rabbits,
所以要我抛下一切飞越美国
so it's not easy to drop everything
真的很不容易
and fly across the country.
电♥话♥打来时 我的烤箱里正烤着鸡呢
I had a chicken in the oven when the call came.
我当时在斯坦家
I was down the street at Stan's,
但我也很恼火
but I am also very irritated.
休斯顿大会以来 我们就在力劝总统与我们见面
We've been pushing the president to meet with us for what,
得有一年多了吧
over a year? Since Houston.
毫无回应 结果突然提前一天来了通知
Nothing, and then all of a sudden, one day's notice?
干这行的就是这样 我们都要做出牺牲
That's how it goes. We all made sacrifices.
这很重要
This is important.
有一千五百家媒体组织参加了我们的会议
There were 1,500 media groups at our conference.
但那两个男人一决定会晤
Then two men decided to have a conversation,
媒体就少了一大半
and we were knocked below the fold.
那两个男人可是萨达特和贝京
Two men--Sadat and Begin.
埃及总统萨达特和以色列总理贝京
于1979年在华盛顿签署了《埃以和平条约》
你真想阻碍中东地区的和平吗
Did you want to stand in the way of peace in the Middle East?
不想 我只是不敢相信
No, but I can't believe we're getting peace
中东和平居然发生在实现女性平等权利前面
in the Middle East before equal rights for women.
你真不信吗
You can't?
休斯顿大会毫无成果可言
We have nothing to show for Houston.
但我们的确争取到了批准ERA的延长♥期♥限
They did give us an extension on the ERA deadline.
在华盛顿办事很磨蹭
Things move slowly in Washington.
实施任何一项政策都至少需要两年
It takes at least two years to implement any policy,
更别提惠及女性的法律了
let alone laws that benefit women.
现在还不是说丧气话的时候
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表