剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
不仅如此 或许
and, I might add,
伊利诺伊州议会的大多数人也都懂
the majority of the Illinois state legislature.
我看了你的时事通讯
I read your newsletter.
都是歇斯底里和谎言
It's all hysteria and lies.
男女通用厕所 没有孩子抚养费
Unisex bathrooms? No child support?
散兵坑里的女孩 拜托
Girls in foxholes? Please.
你对宪法到底有一丁点的了解吗
Do you understand the first thing about constitutional law?
你有法律学位吗
Do you even have a law degree?
我刚开始学习
I'm just getting started.
这是次挫折
This is a setback.
但我们还有六年时间让提案获批
But we have six more years to get it ratified.
明年我们将在伊利诺伊州进行更齐心协力
We'll make a more concerted push in Illinois next year.
继续
Moving on,
是时候选择一位发言人
it's time to choose a spokeswoman
代表我们出席每次大会了
to represent us at each convention.
我提名吉尔作为共和党代表
Well, I'd like to nominate Jill for the Republican.
-我附议 -有这个必要吗
- I second. - I'm not sure that's necessary.
今天在场的女性中 只有我是共和党的
I'm the only Republican woman here today.
我提名我自己作为民♥主♥党的
And I'd like to nominate myself for the Democrat--
你不能提名自己 贝蒂
You can't nominate yourself, Betty.
在我们选举发言人之前
Before we get to electing a spokeswoman,
我想先商讨一下
I-I want to discuss
在大会上再次提议堕胎合法化的事
making another push for abortion at the convention.
如果我们能收集到足够的请♥愿♥书签名
If we gather enough signatures in a petition,
就能进行强制投票
we can force a floor vote.
这意味着投票将会在国家电视台播出
Which would mean being broadcast on national television.
现在时机可能不太合适
This might not be the right time.
那什么时候才合适
Well, when is the right time?
在我们将麦戈文推进白宫之后
After we get McGovern into the White House,
-我们就能控制 -那要一年以后
- we can control the-- - So, what, a year?
如果《平权修正案》进了宪法
If the ERA is safely in the Constitution...
两年吗 或十年 说真的 我想知道
Two or--or maybe a decade? No, really, I wanna know.
我们到底还要等多久
How--How long are we supposed to wait?
还要有多少女人死于拙劣的堕胎
How many more women are going to die from botched abortions
而我们还在等男人接受
while we wait for men to feel comfortable with us
女人有权掌控自己的身体
having control over our own bodies?
还要有多少女人被迫生育
How many women are gonna be forced to give birth to babies
自己养不起的孩子 而我们还在等家庭主妇
they can't afford to feed while we wait for housewives,
不知养家糊口难处的家庭主妇
who have no idea what it's like to have to work to survive,
接受女性也能获得权力
to feel comfortable with women having power?
我们还要给民众多长时间适应改变
How long do we give people to adapt to change?
难道只有我厌倦了等待吗
Am I the only one who's so fucking tired of waiting?
选举后这就是我们的头等大事
We will make this our priority after elections.
你要去哪
Where are you going?
我得回纽约
I have to get back to New York.
我们还没有投票呢
We haven't voted yet.
我不参选
I'm not running.
谁想提名我吗
Who wants to nominate me?
等一下 你好
Excuse me. Hi. Um...
打扰了 我在这栋楼里工作
Sorry. I work in the building.
这几天我一直希望能遇见你
I was hoping to run into you one of these days
你能在我的这本初刊杂♥志♥上签名吗
so that you'd sign my copy of the first issue.
我很乐意 你叫什么名字
I'd be happy to. What's your name?
女士杂♥志♥
简·奥莱里或家庭主妇的关键时刻
特蕾莎 你可以签在这一页吗
Theresa. Oh, can you sign this page?
我们已经堕胎了
你是怎么让这么多知名女性同意签字的
How did you get all those famous women to agree to sign it?
这很简单
That was easy.
难的是让男性出版商同意出版
The hard part was getting our male publisher to agree to run it.
你告诉过别人吗
Have you ever told anyone?
只告诉了我丈夫
Only my husband.
我们已经有三个孩子了 经济状况紧张
We already had three. Money was tight.
那是在一家旅馆里
It was in a hotel.
一大群女人挤在一个房♥间里
A whole bunch of us in one room.
抱歉
Sorry.
给你
There you go.
我想要敬三杯酒
I'd like to make three toasts.
-罗杰 -致我们的长子 约翰
- Roger. - To our eldest, John.
为我们的第一位毕业大学生感到骄傲
We are so proud of our first college graduate.
-没错 -对
- Yeah. - Yeah.
不过别想搬回家
Don't even think about moving home.
接着敬我的岳母
And to my mother-in-law,
每天都用倩影为家中带来欢乐
who will be gracing us with her lovely presence every day.
-要是我能收拾完 -干杯
- If I ever finish packing. - Cheers.
外婆
Aw. Hey, Grandma.
还要敬我亲爱的妻子
And to my darling wife
昨日在斯普林菲尔德取得的胜利
on her victory in Springfield yesterday.
-我为你的成就感到骄傲 -谢谢
- I'm so proud of what you accomplished. - Aw, thank you.
干杯
Mwah. Hear, hear.
-干杯 -干杯 我们好像
- Hear, hear. - Hear, hear, and it looks like
还应该敬一下戴利市长
we should also be toasting Mayor Daley.
-什么意思 -报纸上说
- Oh, what do you mean? - Well, it says here
查普曼议员
Representative Chapman,
发起《平权修正案》的那位女议员...
the woman who sponsored the ERA...
我知道她
Yes, I know who she is.
她说市长与她有过节
She says the mayor had an ax to grind with her.
所以他自己人投反对票
So he went and told his people to vote against it.
因此七名芝加哥的民♥主♥党人
That's why seven Democrats from Chicago
从投赞成票转为反对票
switched their vote from "yes" to "no."
真幸运
Lucky.
她在瞎编故事 好让自己不显得那么无能
She's spinning tales so she doesn't look incompetent.
去吧
Off you go.
法案就是以七票之差被击败
It was defeated by seven votes.
赢就是赢
A win's a win.
我不想被选为发言人
I didn't want to be elected spokeswoman.
所以我离开了
That's why I left.
这只能让你变得更有吸引力
Which only made you more attractive.
我们需要你 稍等
We need you. Hold on.
麦戈文常说你在妇女问题上出♥卖♥♥♥了他
McGovern always says you sold him on the women's issue.
那他就不应该在堕胎问题上出♥卖♥♥♥我们
Well, then he shouldn't have sold us out on abortion.
我要拿着记者证去参加大会
I'm gonna go to the convention with my press pass
还要戴着我的"奇泽姆当总统"的胸针
and my "Chisholm for President" pin.
拿走了你的小零食 抱歉
我会给你补货的
格洛丽娅
碰碰小脚丫
别跟我说什么媒体的力量
Oh, don't give me that crap about the power of the press,
谢丽在大会之际就会被淘汰出局
and Shirley is gonna be out of the race by the convention.
她得到了多少 十几个代表的支持
She got what, a dozen delegates?
我得挂了
I gotta go.
我还在工作
I'm still working.
我不知道你妈妈是个记者
I didn't know your mom was a reporter.
在《托莱多刀锋报》呢
Oh, for "The Toledo Blade."
苏出生后她就辞职了
She quit after Sue was born.
你看了这篇采访吗
Have you read this interview?
我不需要看 我每天都和她交流
Oh, I don't need to read it. I talk to her every day.
有一些引述...
Some of these quotes...
"起初 人们说格洛丽娅的坏话时
"At first, when people would say nasty things about Gloria,
"我得服用镇定药物然后大哭
"I would take tranquilizers and cry,
但我成长了许多 现在只会一笑而过"
but I've grown a lot lately, and now I just laugh it off."
-你应该看看这个 -我没空因为我妈
- You should read this. - I don't have time to get upset
告诉全世界她希望我找个老公
about my mother telling the world
而感到沮丧
she wishes I would find a husband.
所以你看过了
So you did read it.
我担心她会说一些不着边际的话
Well, I got worried that she was gonna say something crazy
比如"我希望格洛丽娅能找到一个老公"
like, "I wish Gloria would find a husband."
这有那么不着边际吗
Is that so crazy?
也许明年吧
Maybe next year.
我们也都不年轻了
You know, we aren't getting any younger.
没人会变得更年轻
Nobody's getting any younger.
五岁小孩也不会
5-year-old's aren't getting any younger.
所以你不想要个孩子吗
So you don't wanna have a child?
我有孩子 就是我妈
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表