剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
Well, I had a child-- my mother.
我肯定不是一个好妈妈
I must have done a terrible job, too,
看看她什么样子就知道了
because look how she turned out.
你是害怕和我结婚之后
Are you afraid that if you marry me,
你会变成你妈妈吗
you will turn into your mother?
这样求婚真是太糟糕了
That's a horrible way to propose.
如果我下次做得更好
If I do it better next time,
你的答案会变吗
will you change your answer?
我们可以在我不赶时间时再说吗
Can we talk about this later when I'm not meeting a deadline?
好 我再打给你吧
Yeah. I'll call you later, then.
你不能永远推拒我
You can't put me off forever.
神奇女侠 很棒
Wonder Woman. Neat.
乔治·麦戈文是纽约初选中
George McGovern is the front and only runner
唯一一名遥遥领先者
in the New York primary,
意味着他会拥有诸多优势 也会面临诸多挑战
with all the advantages and handicaps that usually means.
身为女性的权利
他自己的国会选区可能已经牺牲了
His own congressional district may have sacrificed
几位代表以示友好
a few delegates now for goodwill
并在大会上获得更大的回报
and a larger payoff at the convention.
选豪尔赫·麦戈文当总统
纽约的竞选活动 麦戈文已经...
Campaigning in New York, McGovern has...
你有空吗
You got a few minutes?
能等新闻播完吗
Well, can it wait till after the news?
你知道结果会怎样 麦戈文参选
Oh, you know how this ends. They run McGovern.
尼克松勉强当选 大家都不高兴
Nixon squeaks by, and everybody's unhappy.
只会让你焦躁不安
Only gets you agitated.
你能告诉我弗罗因德是怎么把
Now can you show me where Freund draws a connection
《平权修正案》和无性别公厕
between the ERA and integrated public restrooms,
监狱 管教所联♥系♥起来的吗
prisons, and reform schools?
-这重要吗 我们赢了 -我知道
- Does it matter? We won. - I know.
告诉我他怎么做到的就行
Just show me how he gets there.
求你了
Please.
给我好好讲讲♥法♥律依据
Just run me through the legal arguments,
免得我每次都要麻烦你
so I don't have to bother you each time.
我就是你喜欢麻烦我
Well, I like it when you bother me.
你不是唯一一个
You weren't the only one who was admitted
被哈佛法学院录取的人
to Harvard Law School.
我也被录取了
I was invited, too.
什么时候
When was that?
拿到硕士学位的时候
When I was getting my master's.
我的宪法教授认为我很聪明
My constitutional law professor thought I was brilliant.
你真想上法律研究和写作的速成班
You really want a crash course in legal research and writing?
-想 -好吧
- Mm-hmm, yes. - Okay.
你首先需要知道的是
Well, the first thing you need to know
在提出法律论据时
when presenting a legal argument is that, uh,
虽然你有很大的回旋余地来发挥创意
while you have a lot of leeway to be creative...
但永远不要做出一个
...you never want to make a statement
可以被客观证实为错误的陈述
which is objectively verifiable as being false.
-好的 -比如
- Okay. - For instance,
你不能说
you wouldn't say that you were
你得到了哈佛法学院的录取邀请
invited to attend Harvard Law School
因为只要打个电♥话♥就能知道
when it only takes a phone call to find out
你在1945年拿到了硕士学位
that you got your master's in 1945--
比法学院的男女同校时间早了五年
five years before the law school went co-ed.
他们愿意为我破例
They would've made an exception for me.
-三个 -或者四个
- Or three? - Or four?
-要不五个吧 -还是多来点吧
- Or five? - Or maybe more.
你的未婚夫呢
Where's your fiancé now?
前未婚夫 他回美国了
Ex-fiancé. No, he's back in the States.
我能问问你为什么没告诉他吗
May I ask why you haven't told him?
我们本来打算结婚
We would have to get married.
术后可能会流血
After the procedure, there'll be a little bleeding.
你要卧床休息几天
You'll be confined to bed for a few days
直到流血止住 我会给你开止血药
until the bleeding stops. I'll give you pills for that.
我也希望你以后能采取避孕措施
And I hope you'll use birth control in the future,
尤其是你计划去印度待一年
especially if you plan to spend the year in India.
谢谢
Thank you.
你必须答应我两件事
You must promise me two things.
你永远不能跟别人提起我的名字
You will never tell anyone my name.
而且你要掌握自己的人生
And you will do what you want to do with your life.
是你
You.
我同意
I'll do it.
我来做发言人
I'll be the spokeswoman.
但有一个条件
On one condition.
好
Okay.
我们在大会上强制进行堕胎法案投票
We force the vote on abortion on the convention floor.
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表