剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
我希望你们想象一下
I want you to imagine
一群阿♥拉♥斯加原住民女性在费尔班克斯登上大巴
a group of Native Alaskan women getting on a bus in Fairbanks,
阿帕拉契亚女性在比蒂维尔登上大巴
Appalachian women getting on a bus in Beattyville,
家庭主妇们在托莱多登上大巴
homemakers getting on a bus in Toledo.
她们风尘仆仆而来 代表着各自的州
They're all traveling to represent their state,
都渴望能在政♥府♥中有发言权
all of them yearning to have a voice in government,
在影响她们生活的议题上有投票权
to vote on issues that affect their lives.
闭上眼更容易有画面感
It's easier to imagine if your eyes are closed.
州会结束之后
When the state meetings are over,
成千上百辆大巴
all these buses, hundreds and hundreds of them
载着来自各行各业的女性
with women from all walks of life,
来到了休斯敦
make their way to Houston.
我们的资源十分有限
We have very limited resources.
我们想把钱花在这些大巴上
Do we wanna spend our money on these buses,
还是用来买♥♥漂亮的桌罩 装饰大会现场的桌子
or on pretty skirts to decorate tables on the convention floor?
好吧 不买♥♥桌罩了 大家都睁开眼睛吧
Fine. No table skirts. Everyone, open your eyes.
所以预算中的每一项
You're gonna give a 10-minute meditation
你都打算冥想十分钟才决定吗
on every line item in the budget?
不 我只觉得桌罩太多余了
No, just the table skirts felt frivolous.
我们继续 科丽塔·斯科特·金
Moving on. Coretta Scott King
同意加入委员会了
has agreed to join the commission
也同意担任少数群体权益委员会主席
and chair the minority rights committee.
太好了
That's fabulous.
我们还有一个席位
Uh, we have one more spot.
尽管我很不想这么说
As much as I hate to say it,
但我认为应该任命贝蒂为我们的最后一位专员
I think we should appoint Betty as our final commissioner.
贝蒂·弗莱顿吗 我不同意
Betty Friedan? No.
我明白 她是极具争议的人物 也是个大♥麻♥烦
Uh, I know she's divisive and a pain in the ass,
但她是位先锋人物
but she is a pioneer,
可她几乎凭借一己之力阻止了女同性恋参与运动
who almost singlehandedly kept lesbians out of the movement
长达十年之久
for a decade.
而我们近期在州会上大力推动
And we've been making a big push at the state meetings
同性平权决议的通过
to approve a gay rights resolution.
如果决议能够在休斯敦被提上议事日程
If the resolution makes it on the agenda in Houston,
总统先生仍会上台出席开幕仪式吗
will the president still get up onstage for opening ceremonies?
-我会确保他出席 -如果贝蒂也在的话
- I'll make sure of it. - If Betty is on that stage,
会让大家觉得我们不受欢迎
it'll send a message that we're not welcome.
-那我就不干了 -所以现在我们是
- I'll resign. - So now we're not gonna have
不接受和异♥议♥人♥士♥共事了吗
people we disagree with participate?
除非我们不想让休斯敦参与其中
Not if we want Houston to be inclusive.
你想通过排除异己而达到兼容并蓄吗
You wanna be inclusive by excluding?
听听自己说了什么
Would you listen to yourself?
-你不能委任她 -好吧 大家都冷静一点
- You cannot appoint her. - Okay. Okay, let's calm down.
我们纽约人就这么说话
This is just how we talk in New York City.
是纽约西区
The West Side of New York City.
我早就说过 让民♥主♥党人掌权
This is exactly what I warned would happen
就会造成这种结果
with the Democrats in charge.
对不得志的女权主义者来说
It's a federally funded festival
这简直是联邦资助的节日
for frustrated feminists.
他们要强迫我们接受
They're gonna ram a whole platform
写满了左派议题的党纲
of lefty issues down our throats.
就是
Yes.
女权分子会不会借此来争取最后三个州
Will the libbers use this to get those last three states?
他们都能让那个马♥克♥思♥主义者贝拉·艾布扎格领导
Well, they put that Marxist Bella Abzug in charge,
我想他们会的
so I would guess yes,
但这不代表我们会放弃抵抗
but that doesn't mean we're gonna roll over
拱手相让
and let them win.
他们太阴险了
They are truly the horribles.
他们是恶魔 是罪犯
Deviants and murderers.
等着看我们的血汗钱
Get ready to see our hard-earned dollars
被捐给要求流产的人 女同性恋
go to fund abortion on demand, lesbianism,
还有被家暴的妻子吧
shelters for beaten wives.
等丈夫知道妻子要用他的纳税钱
Well, I think the husband will be more inclined to beat her...
去度假的时候
...if he thinks she's gonna
会更想打她
get a vacation funded by his tax dollar.
不过 我们应该组织一场反击集♥会♥
But, uh, we should organize a counter rally
来抗♥议♥该大会
to protest the convention.
吸引媒体的注意力
Grab the attention of the press.
不 不不不 且慢
No. No, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, wait a minute.
我倒有一计
I do have a strategy.
这个夏天 贝拉·艾布扎格的委员会
Now Bella Abzug's commission is holding meetings
要在各州举♥行♥会议
in every state this summer,
他们将在会上选出代表
where they will elect representatives
去参加休斯顿全国代♥表♥大♥会♥
to go to this national convention in Houston,
每一场州会 都是我们的战场
and each of these state meetings will be our battleground.
我们得让自己当选
Now we need to get ourselves elected
才能在大会上有一席之地
so that we can get seats at the convention.
为什么保守派女性不能在女性问题上
Why shouldn't conservative women have a voice
有发言权呢
on women's issues?
说的是啊 我就是这个意思
Well, that's right. That's exactly my point.
所以不仅是自♥由♥党人 所有人都可以参选吗
So anyone can run, not just the liberals?
没错 这就是选举程序
Yes, it's called the electoral process.
这就像...
Well, it's, um...
就像是皮尔斯伯里烘焙大赛
it's kind of like the Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest--
来自全国各地的数千名女性都要
thousands of women from every state competing
竞争全国大赛的参赛资格
for a spot on the national competition
比拼谁的食谱最好
to see who has the best recipes.
我们得找些支持传统家庭的烘焙者
And we have to get pro-family bakers,
不然我们的烹饪书里
or we'll be stuck with a bunch
就全是自♥由♥党人的食谱了
of liberal recipes in our cookbook
有生之年 就只能被迫吃ERA布朗尼蛋糕
and force-fed ERA brownies, abortion cookies,
流产饼干 还有女同性恋派了
and lesbian pies till Kingdom come.
好了 隐喻也要适可而止 萝丝玛丽
Yes, well, every metaphor has its limits, Rosemary.
如果我们要开战 就需要保护自己
Well, if we're going to war, we'll need protection.
我这边有些乐意帮忙的男性
I have some men that would be willing to help,
确保我们不会受到伤害
make sure we're not harmed.
你真觉得会这么危险吗
Do you really think it's that dangerous?
你看他们怎么对待菲莉丝的
Look at what they did to Phyllis.
一点也不疼啦
Oh! It doesn't hurt a bit.
不过我们确实得机灵些
But we do need to be smart about this.
因为如果我们要通过赢得席位的方式
Because if we're gonna take over their conference
夺取他们的大会 就不能被他们察觉
by winning seats, they can't see us coming.
老实说 菲莉丝
Frankly, Phyllis, I have concerns
由你来领导该行动 我有些担忧
about you being the leader of this operation.
你就像根避雷针
You're a lightning rod.
她说得在理
I think she has a point.
从你目前独眼海盗的情况看来 你显然是个靶子
Well, clearly, you're a target, given your...pirate status.
万一你又被砸派 或遭遇更严重的袭击呢
What--What if you get pied again or worse?
我不是海盗
I am not a pirate.
我只是想说 具体实施的工作交给我们
I only meant let us do the work on the ground,
你在家安心休养 运筹帷幄就行
and you can recover and strategize from home.
这样啊 言之有理
Yeah, well, I can see the wisdom in that.
我看 打头阵的人选已经再明显不过了
Well, I think it's clear who should be out front.
我在伊利诺伊州领导
I have done a pretty good job of
反对ERA分会的工作做得还不错
running the Illinois chapter of STOP ERA.
能接替你在前线的位置 是我的荣幸
I would be honored to take your place on the front lines.
没错
Yes.
恭喜你 萝丝玛丽 你被征召入伍了
Congratulations, Rosemary. You've just been drafted.
由于反对ERA和鹰论♥坛♥
Well... since STOP ERA and Eagle Forum
和你的形象几乎融为一体
are so closely tied to your name and image,
我想 我自己创建一个
I think it might be a good idea
由我担任主席的临时组织
for me to create an ad hoc organization
比较好
with myself as president,
只是为了确保不被女权分子察觉
just to be sure the libbers don't see us coming
直到为时已晚...
until it's too late...
就像你说的
like you said.
南卡罗莱纳州的办公室被盗了
The South Carolina office was burglarized?
就在光天化日下 员工都在 大门是开的
In broad daylight. The staff was there. The door was open.
谁干的
By who?
一个自称是公民审查委员会的组织
Some group calling themselves Citizen's Review Committee.
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表