剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
I had to let more than a dozen congressmen
摸我的手臂 屁♥股♥ 后背
put a hand on my arm, my hip, my backside.
还有更多的人 在同意签字之前
More than a dozen demanded to see my pretty smile
要看到我"美丽的微笑"
before they agreed to sign on.
我还不得不说 "你会是我们的英雄"
I had to say, "You'd be our hero"
"你有很大的影响力"
and "You have so much clout"
多到我记不清
more times than I can remember.
而这些和国会秘书每天遇到的事情相比
And that is nothing compared to what those secretaries on the Hill
简直是小巫见大巫
are dealing with on a daily basis.
但你不觉得 那些女人
But don't you think those kind of women
是自己活该吗
are really just inviting it?
你说什么
I'm sorry?
有贞操的女人很少会受到
Well, virtuous women are rarely accosted
不请自来的性骚扰
by unwelcome sexual propositions.
让我告诉你"那些女人"的事 菲莉丝
Let me tell you something about those kind of women, Phyllis.
她们可能是我 也可能会是你
They could be me. They could be you.
她们只是想得到公平的待遇
They're just trying to get a fair shake.
她们要去工作 拿到薪水 回家
They wanna go to work, get paid, go home.
她们从未主动请求被骚扰
They're not asking to be harassed,
被粗暴对待 被贬低 被侵犯
manhandled, degraded, assaulted.
你好生气
You're so angry.
-你怎么敢说这种话 -在两年内只有一个州
- How dare you? - Well, only one state ratified
批准了法案
in over two years,
就算是有白宫的支持和国会的五百万美元资助
even with White House support and a $5 million check from Congress,
你一定很沮丧吧
it must be terribly frustrating for you.
你想站在
You wanna get ahead
男人的肩膀上往上爬 菲莉丝
climbing on the shoulders of men, Phyllis,
行
fine.
但要知道他们在偷瞄你的裙底风情
Just know they're looking right up your skirt.
我们在做一些事情
We are doing something.
《公平就业惯例协定》
The House Fair Employment Practices Agreement.
只有62名国会议员签署了
Only 62 congressmen have signed it.
-耐心点 -而被秘书起诉的
- Give it time. - And none of the 20 congressmen
20名国会议员都没签
accused by their secretaries have.
秘书可以去道德委员会
The secretaries can go to the Ethics Committee.
他们不会碰国会议员的
Which won't touch a congressman,
司法部门也不会
or the Justice Department,
我们会传唤国会议员
which we'll call the congressman.
他否认 然后她们被解雇
He'd deny it, and they'd be fired.
我们要去找媒体曝光这些指控
We need to go to the press with these allegations.
-这些是我们的朋友 -有些还是好朋友
- These are our friends. - Some of them are good friends.
选举就在眼前
We're heading into an election.
这就是20张可能失去的民♥主♥党选票
That's 20 liberal votes we can lose.
你觉得另一方就是人畜无害的少年吗
You think the other side's a bunch of choirboys?
我们只知道我们自己这派人
We only know about our own party.
如果没有公众审判
Nothing is going to change
什么都不会变
unless there is a public reckoning.
就算这会伤害我们
Even if it hurts us,
他们要引咎辞职
they need to resign.
如果没有秘书走出来公开
If none of the secretaries come forward publicly--
她们害怕 你能责怪她们吗
They're scared! Can you blame them?
那会被当作办公室恋情丑闻而被驳回
It will be dismissed as a few office affairs gone bad.
国会议员在工作面试中问年轻女士
Congressmen are asking young women in job interviews
她们是否接受口♥交♥
if they engage in oral sex.
我为这些秘书感到抱歉 发自内心的
I feel terrible for these secretaries. I really do.
但吉姆·巴克利一直在设想
But Jim Buckley spends his days dreaming up ways
去推♥翻♥罗诉韦德案
to reverse Roe v. Wade.
我想拿下那个参议院席位
I'm gonna win that Senate seat,
我打算把他踢回康涅狄格州
and I'm gonna kick his ass back to Connecticut,
那对所有女性都好
and that's good for all women.
在吗 孩子们
Hello? Kids?
我有趣味糖果
I have Razzles and Fun Dip
和所有我不允许你们吃的东西
and all the things I never let you eat!
你们这是干嘛呢
What are you guys doing?
爸爸说他们走之前不要发出噪音 脚步声
Dad said no noise, no footsteps until they're gone.
他们是谁
Who's they?
穿西装的人
Men in suits.
迪克·切尼
福特总统的幕僚长
Mr. Cheney.
切尼先生
Mr. Cheney.
真是让人吃惊 惊喜的惊
What a surprise-a nice surprise.
总统一切都好吗
is everything all right with the president?
很好 我们一会再谈
Quite. We'll speak soon.
没问题 迪克
Very good, Dick.
怎么回事
And what was that about?
我好像进入候选人名单了
It seems I am on the short list.
副总统吗
For vice president?
太好了
All right!
我简直不敢相信
I can't believe it.
当然 我相信这是真的
I mean, of course, I can believe it.
你和福特是竞选搭档 你们会所向披靡
You on the ticket with Ford-I mean, you'll be unbeatable.
天啊 我们得庆祝一下
Oh, my gosh! Let's go celebrate.
我们把孩子扔家里 出去吃晚餐吧
Let's lock up the kids and go to dinner.
等我审核通过了
Should we hold off on locking the kids up
我们再把孩子扔家里
until they're done vetting me?
他们为什么不在我在时来
Why didn't they come when I'm home?
他们总是审查妻子
They always vet the wife.
他们不想我在家
They didn't want me to be home.
他们是来找你谈我的
They came to talk to you about me.
他们很担心里根人
They're very worried about the Reaganites.
里根人吗 他们现在是个乐队了
The Reaganites? Oh, they're a band now.
他们得安抚他们
Well, they have to appease them.
他们不想他们的二把手
And they don't want their number two
有一个夸夸其谈主张堕胎合法的女权妻子
to have a mouthy pro-choice feminist for a wife.
他们没说"夸夸其谈"
They didn't say "mouthy."
他们说的是"直言不讳"
They said "outspoken."
但我告诉他们"我无法控制我妻子" 就是如此
But I told them, "I don't control my wife." So there.
怎么了
What?
我希望你说"她不是直言不讳"
I-I just wish you'd said, "She's not outspoken.
"她只是正常表达
"She's the normal amount of spoken.
她和任何一个男人说的一样多"
She speaks about as much as any man."
但你没有这么说 因为你想要我低调
But you didn't say that because you want me to lay low.
只是宣布之前
Just until it's announced.
不 我打算去大会 比利
No, I am going to the convention, Billy.
我要做一个附议演讲
I am scheduled to give a seconding speech.
那会是一场关于堕胎的战斗
There's gonna be a fight over abortion.
要是我成为副总统
We could do so much for the women's movement
我们就能为女权运动做更多事
if we're the second family.
那你要我怎样
So you just want me to, what, hide out
躲到大会的最后一天吗
until the--the last day of the convention?
不 你要出席
No. You make an entrance.
冲着代表们微笑着招手
Smile and wave to the delegates
而不是跟他们交谈
instead of speaking to them.
我不想干涉你的事业
I-I mean, I don't wanna interfere with your career.
但愿你没喷香水
I hope you're not wearing any perfume.
会惊到鹿
It spooks the deer.
我们之前一直有敌意
I thought we might have got off on the wrong foot.
我觉得你一生致力推♥翻♥罗诉韦德案
Now I think it is remarkable that you have devoted your life
真是非同凡响
to overturning Roe v. Wade,
但光有决心还不够
but it's gonna take more than devotion.
还会需要政♥治♥权力
It's gonna take political power.
我对特区那套政♥治♥不感兴趣
I'm not much for D. C. politics.
因为政♥府♥没道德吗
Because there's no morality in government?
我们可以改变这一点
Well, we can change that.
现在正是时候
And now's the time.
左派在分♥裂♥
Now the left is splintering.
有太多的声音
It's too many voices,
所以我们得团结
so we need to be united.
我相信里根是我们的救世主
Now I believe Reagan is our Moses,
他会带领我们走出蛮荒
and he's gonna lead us out of the wilderness,
但他需要我们的帮助
but he's gonna need our help.
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表