剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
de novo,
这个结果 我表示赞同
a decision... with which I concur.
我想亲自和盐湖城的
I would like to make a person-to-person call
乔治娅·彼得森本人通话
to Georgia Peterson in Salt Lake City.
老派克 我是乔治娅·彼得森的朋友
Elder Packer, I'm a friend of Georgia Peterson's.
我叫菲莉丝·施拉夫利
My name's Phyllis Schlafly.
我在反堕胎集♥会♥上遇见了一个女人
I met a woman at a pro-life rally
《摩尔门经》
精♥装♥版《逾越节 哈加达》
她能帮我们联♥系♥上新泽西州的一帮犹太拉比
who can put us in touch with a group of rabbis in New Jersey.
早上好 纽伯格拉比
Good morning, uh, Rabbi Neuberger?
奇米学校里一个同学的母亲
One of the mothers at Kimmy's school
在救恩浸信教会非常活跃
is active in the Calvary Baptist Church.
救恩浸信教会宪♥章♥
斯塔尔牧师 我是菲莉丝·施拉夫利
Pastor Starr? Phyllis Schlafly.
救恩浸信教会 安德森 桃瑞丝
我打来是想邀请您加入
I'm calling to invite you
我们一个面向所有教派的新组织
to join me in a new organization for all denominations.
欢迎加入这个别称是
Welcome to the alternative
所谓的女性自♥由♥运♥动♥中来
to the so-called women's liberation movement.
第♥一♥夫♥人♥不公正
欢迎来到鹰论♥坛♥
Welcome to the Eagle Forum.
尽管看起来不可能
Now as impossible as it may seem,
我们的挑战是在共和党全国大会之前
our challenge is to have 40,000 members
拥有四万名成员
by the Republican National Convention,
我相信 如果我们能同心协力
and I feel that, uh, we'll be far more effective
效率会大大提升
if we all work together.
朝你的左右两旁看一看
Take a look to the right and to the left of you.
你可能无法拯救坐在你旁边的人
You might be sitting next to someone you can't save,
但你可以善待他们
but you can be nice to them.
我有个问题 关于你的时事通讯
I have a question about your newsletter.
那不是我的时事通讯
Oh, that's not my newsletter.
抱歉 我能 我能看看吗
Sorry. May I... May I see that?
女士们 听说了吗
你能查出是谁写的吗
Can you find out who wrote this?
北卡罗莱纳州使我们不得不以守为攻
North Carolina has us playing a little bit of defense.
没人认为里根能赢
Nobody expected Reagan to win.
如果他继续保持良好势头
If he keeps doing well,
全国大会上会发生叛乱的
there could be a revolt at the convention.
别担心 奥黛丽和我会确保
Don't worry. Audrey and I will make sure that
党团保持强大的影响力
the caucus has a strong presence.
这些巧克力是给谁的
Who are these chocolates for?
-我的一个秘书 -今天是她生日吗
- One of my secretaries. - Oh, it's her birthday?
我朝她扔了一个烟灰缸
I threw an ashtray at her.
贝拉 你不能在参议院做这种事
Bella, you're not gonna be able to do that in the Senate.
-他们有规章 -别拖延太久
- They have standards. - Just don't delay too long.
《平权修正案》剩下的时间不多了
We're running out of time on the ERA,
而且里根鼓动了那些右翼宗教蠢货
and Reagan has inspired the right wing religious nuts
现在他们全冒了出来
to come out of the woodwork,
美国福音神学基要主义者
也是一位保守派评论员
杰瑞·法尔维尔和菲莉丝·施拉夫利都跟着他打转
and Jerry Falwell and Phyllis Schlafly are his flock.
也许是他跟着他们
Or it's the other way around.
你看到消息了吗 她今年
Did you see she managed to bring out
在斯普林菲尔德聚集了一千名女性
a thousand women to Springfield this year?
她不是要来国家记者俱乐部参加辩论吗
Isn't she coming to the National Press Club for a debate?
你可别想和她辩论
You're not thinking of debating her.
我只想和她聊聊
I'm just gonna talk to her.
我需要买♥♥她的书吗
You think I need to buy her book?
用来敲她头 让她清醒点
To knock some sense into her.
1976年 《华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥》报道
民♥主♥党议员韦恩·海斯将伊丽莎白·雷列为其名下委员会秘书
并支付了两年薪水 而雷坦承其实际职责是为海斯提供性服务
事后海斯辞职 其政♥治♥生涯也因此终结
你有听说伊丽莎白·雷在写书吗
Did you hear Elizabeth Ray is writing a book?
书名叫《华盛顿的附带福利》
She's calling it "The Washington Fringe Benefit."
看完贝蒂的新回忆录 我就看这个
It's on my list right after Betty's new memoir.
谢丽 看看这个 婚礼时你在场
Hey, Shirley, look at this. You were at the wedding.
你能相信吗
You believe this?
这家伙让大家尽情喝香槟
The man served us wingdings with champagne.
他不知廉耻
He has no shame.
如果是个共和党议员
You know, if a Republican congressman
把自己的情妇安排成秘书
had to put his mistress on the payroll
还付一万四的年薪 你们肯定会气死
as a $14,000-a-year clerk, you would all be up in arms.
我们是气得要死啊
We are up in arms.
伺候海斯 一万四也太便宜了
$14,000 is way too little to shtup Hays.
她至少得拿五万
She should have gotten at least 50 grand.
我当然是开玩笑啦
I'm kidding, of course.
他确实该辞职 他们都该该辞
He does have to resign. They all do.
你说"都"是什么意思
What do you mean, all?
不如去我办公室见吧
Why don't we meet in my office?
我们可以私下聊
And we can talk in private.
自从海斯丑闻被爆出来
Ever since the Hays scandal came out,
好几个秘书偷偷告诉我
a few secretaries have confided in me
性服务被默认为她们职责的一部分
that sexual favors are an expected part of the job.
《女士们 听说了吗》
《夏娃的女儿》 洛蒂·贝思·霍布斯 著
[首版于1963年 是对25名教会女性的采访
宣扬传统的女性道德观念]
多温馨的家呀
What a lovely home.
-失陪一下 -天哪
- Excuse us, please. - Good gravy.
你在大惊小怪什么
Well, what are you fussing about?
我是想帮你
I'm trying to help you.
别咋咋呼呼了
Well, don't get your panties all in a bunch.
真是瞎子帮忙 越帮越忙
It's like putting socks on a rooster.
-我自己来 -好吧
- I'll do it myself. - All right.
不用站起来 我很随意
Oh, don't get up. I'm not formal.
谢谢
Thank you.
你们听过双百酒吗
Did you hear about the Bicentennial Drink?
也叫保罗·里维尔鸡尾酒
It's called a Paul Revere Cocktail.
两杯下肚 你就会开始胡闹
After two, you start horsing around
把邻居都吵醒
and wake your neighbors.
谢谢你愿意见我们 霍布斯女士
Thank you for seeing us, Miss Hobbs.
多漂亮的小盒子
What a pretty little box.
真好看
How nice.
薄荷糖还有吗
Do we still have those mints?
那头是我亲自打的
Shot that one myself.
一到季节 她每天早上都出去打猎
She's out there every morning during the season.
我们来是为了你写的"粉红淑女"传♥单♥
Well, we've come about your Pink Lady flyer.
你们很喜欢吧
Oh, don't you love it?
我让印刷商用粉红色的纸印
I told the printer to print them on pink paper.
特别合适
It really dresses it up.
然后让他从剪贴画收藏里找了两名女士印上
Then I had him find two ladies in his clip art collection.
画上电♥话♥线 把内容框起来
And drew the telephone line around the idea.
题目是我嫂子取的
And then my sister-in-law come up with the name.
美容院的那些女人总是说
You know, in the beauty shops, the women always say,
"听说了吗" 吸引别人的注意
"Have you heard?" to get attention.
你们确实吸引了我的注意
Yes, well, you certainly got my attention.
有些内容几乎是从我的时事通讯里
Now some of this is lifted almost verbatim
直接照搬的
from, uh, my newsletter.
未经她的允许
Without her permission.
你想让我删掉你的话
So...you want me to rewrite it
重新写一遍
without using your words,
再买♥♥一万五千枚邮票 全部重寄一次
and then buy another 15,000 stamps to mail it out again?
你有一万五千个订阅者吗
You have 15,000 subscribers?
或者你可以引用我的话
Or you could use all my words,
但我们联合起来
but we join forces--
联合你我的组织一起行动
your organization and mine.
这提议不错啊
Well...isn't that something?
你想加入"想当女人的女人"吗
You wanna join Women Who Want to be Women.
这...是你组织的名字吗
That...That's the name of your organization?
简称"WWWW"
WWWW for short.
这个简短吗
Is that shorter?
不 不 我们会保留我们的名字
No, no, no, we would keep our name.
只不过我们齐心协力的话
It's just that we could be more effective
效率会更高
if we coordinated our efforts.
你的成员会成为鹰女
Now your members would become Eagles,
而我们会承担所有的组织性开销
and we would, uh, handle all of the organizational costs,
比如邮票 还有印刷费用
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表