剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
that the ERA dies morally and constitutionally.
我们聚集于此 在它的坟头上跳舞
And we are here to dance on its grave.
这是一场正义的战争
This has been a righteous battle,
和五十年前的选举权一样
and like the battle for suffrage 50 years ago,
必须要由女性来奋斗并取胜
it had to be fought and won by women.
有人说女性就像茶包
They say that women are like teabags.
你永远不知道她们的能力有多强
You don't know their strength
直到她们落入水深火热的境地
until they get into hot water.
各位女士们 现在水已经沸了[事态最紧张时刻]
And, ladies, we sure did reach a boiling point.
但当我们看到
But when we saw
那些人企图在修正案中用"性"这一个小词
that the devil was using one little word
来达到险恶目的 剥夺妻子们的权利
in that amendment--sex-- to take away the rights of wives
转而交给同性恋和为人堕胎者
and give them to the homosexuals and to the abortionists,
我们知道自己必须反抗
we knew we had to fight back,
而且我们终将胜利
and we are winning,
因为上帝站在我们这边
because we have God on our side.
但今晚 我们不仅是庆祝
But tonight we celebrate not only
《平权修正案》的寿终正寝
the end of the ERA
更是一个时代的落幕
but the end of an era.
我们身处险境
We stand on a precipice,
力图发起一场全新而伟大的运动
giving birth to a new mighty movement,
一场将带领着美国
a movement that will lead America
重回正轨的运动
back onto the right path,
只要同心协力 我们一定夺回美国
and together, we can take our country back.
朋友们 我想对一位很特别的人
Now, my friends, I would now like to thank
致以诚挚的谢意
one very special person--
他从最初的时候便同我并肩而立
the person who has been with me since the beginning,
他拯救我不遭受职业妇女的可怕生活
a person who has saved me from the life of a working girl,
我的导师 也是一直鼓励我的人
my coach, my cheerleader,
反对ERA
更是我的爱人 我最亲爱的丈夫 弗莱德
and my lover-- my dear husband Fred,
谢谢你允许我出席今晚的聚会
thank you for letting me come here tonight.
我喜欢这样说 因为这最让女权分子不痛快
I love to say that because it irritates the women's libbers
比其他任何话都管用
more than anything that I say.
那些女权分子总喜欢问我
Now those libbers love to ask me,
"那谁在照看你们的孩子呢"
"Who's looking after your children?"
而我会说"先把你的孩子领出来 我再告诉你"
And I say, "I'll show mine if you show me yours."
请大家给我毕生的骄傲们一些掌声
So please give a hand to my life's work--
我的六位宝贝们
my six jewels,
约翰 布鲁斯 罗杰 莱莎 安迪 安
John, Bruce, Roger, Liza, Andy, Anne.
弗莱德
Fred.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
人群照进去了吗
Did you get the crowd?
再来一张 摆出我们像在唱歌♥的姿势
One more. Make like you're singing.
放下那本书 萝丝玛丽
Lose the book, Rosemary.
你喜欢我选的贝拉吗 她够聒噪吗
Do you like my Bella? Is she loud enough?
她不如你想象的聒噪
She isn't as loud as you think.
她其实很有趣
She's actually quite funny.
我看你...今晚还邀请了一些里根的人到场
I see you, uh, invited a few of Reagan's people tonight--
-奥林 杰瑞 杰西 -不 不 不
- Orrin, Jerry, Jesse. - Oh, no, no, no.
今晚的聚会无关政♥治♥ 而是关于家庭
Tonight's not about politics. It's about family.
我绝不会错过
Well, I wouldn't miss it.
我推迟了去爱荷华的航♥班♥ 就为了来这
I pushed my flight to Iowa to be here.
要是我能在爱荷华胜出 我就能遥遥领先了
If I can win there, I'm gonna rise out of the pack,
所以我去给吃玉米大赛当裁判了
so I spend my days judging corn on the cob eating contests.
但你知道吗 比在众议院的任何一天都开心
But you know what? Beats any day in the House.
只要蒂普·奥尼尔还是议长
I can't get anything done
我什么也做不了
while Tip O'Neill is speaker.
马克·吐温说过 "如果我是一个贼
Mark Twain said it best-- "Suppose I am a thief,
或是一名国会议员 我怎么把话说两遍"
and suppose I am a congressman, but I repeat myself."
你是打算让我求你 才肯给我邮件名单对吧
You are gonna make me beg for your mailing list, aren't you?
如果你是一个贼
Well, suppose you were a thief.
如果你是一名国会议员
Suppose you were a congressman.
我倒是不介意 联♥合♥国♥大使
Well, I wouldn't mind, uh, Ambassador to the U. N.
或者国防部长
or, uh, Secretary of Defense.
我想不出一个更好的方法直戳
I can't think of a better way to stick a dagger
妇女解放运动痛处
through the heart of women's lib
除了提名你当我的内阁成员
than to nominate you to my Cabinet.
那外面的流言怎么办
What about the rumors?
什么流言
What rumors?
菲尔 别逼着我说出口
Oh, Phil. Don't make me say it.
三角关系的传言
There are whispers of a ménage à trois.
肯尼迪在白宫"会见"了几百名女性
Kennedy had hundreds of women come to the White House,
也没见人当回事
and no one blinked.
但肯尼迪不是以"传统家庭价值"的观点参选
Yes, but Kennedy wasn't running on family values.
我有点生气 你居然认为艾琳会邀请
I'm offended that you think Arlene would invite
没教养的女孩随便上我们的床
a girl into our bed who wasn't from a good family.
到了关键时刻 我不会对议题有所动摇
When it comes to the shootout, I won't waver on the issues...
一如我对你的心从未动摇
just like I never wavered on you.
贝蒂·福特公开支持《平权修正案》时
When Betty Ford came out for the ERA,
我告诉艾丽斯 "别再浪费我的钱
I told Alyse, "Stop spending all my money
打电♥话♥了"
running up the phone bill."
你知道我告诉菲莉丝后 她怎么说吗
And do you know what Phyllis said when I told her that?
她说 "不行 我们要更努力地斗争"
She said, "Oh, no, we're just going to fight harder,"
我们的确更努力了 我们让他们见识厉害了
and we did. We showed them.
她是我们的奇迹女神
She's our miracle woman.
是啊
Yeah.
菲莉丝是对的
You know, Phyllis is right.
悠着点
Easy.
这可是派对
It's a party.
我们取得了这么多成果
We've come so far.
有时候我都忘了怎么写"施拉夫利"了
You know, sometimes I forget how to spell "Schlafly."
-谢谢 -瞧我们的圣女贞德
- Thank you. - There's our Joan of Arc.
她真是奇迹的缔造者
Doesn't she work miracles?
这是我亲爱的朋友爱丽丝
Now this is my dear friend Alice,
-是她第一个告诉我... -除非你丈夫是个混♥蛋♥
- who first told me-- - Unless your husband's a jerk,
那你就只能靠自己了
and then you're on your own.
我想某人似乎酒喝多了
Oh, I think someone's had a bit too much celebration.
帕梅拉需要你的支持
Pamela needed your support.
爱丽丝 现在不是说这个的时候...
Alice, this is really not the time--
你却只能告诉她 她得再用心点经营婚姻
And the best you could do was tell her to manage it better.
不如你跟我去洗手间聊吧
Why don't you come with me to the ladies' room?
我不想和你去洗手间
I don't wanna go with you to the ladies' room.
我想知道你为什么对她说这些话
I wanna know why you said that to her.
也许凯文不完美 但他能养家
Well, uh...Kevin may not be perfect, but he provides,
所以她这辈子一天班都没上过
and she's never had to work a day in her life.
她可真幸运
Lucky her.
好了 大家都听够了
All right, I think people have heard enough.
你怎么变得这么刻薄了
When did you get so mean?
比起其他人 我以为你会最享受今晚
Now I thought of all people, you would be enjoying tonight,
我们做了那么多努力
after all of our hard work.
-别来这套 -什么
- Oh, don't. - What?
-你总是这样 -爱丽丝
- This is what you do. - Alice.
-你岔开话题... -大家都在看你呢
- You change the subject... - People are looking at you.
你歪曲事实
...and you twist things up.
你有一点点在乎过我吗
Do you even care about me at all?
我做这一切都是为了你
Now I did all of this for you.
这一切都是为了我
You did all of this for me?
让你不再没有存在感
So you would not feel invisible.
我在你身边时
I have never felt more invisible
-才最没存在感 -施拉夫利太太
- than when I'm around you. - Mrs. Schlafly!
施拉夫利太太 我们得护送你出去
Mrs. Schlafly, we need to get you out of here.
怎么了 发生什么了
What? What's going on?
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
请保持冷静
please remain calm.
舞厅需要进行紧急疏散
The ballroom will have to be evacuated immediately.
我听说有炸♥弹♥
I heard it was a bomb.
我听说是炸♥弹♥威胁
I heard it was a bomb threat.
他们找到什么了吗
Did they find anything?
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表