剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
It's too soon to get frustrated.
我们开始吧
Let's get started.
我们觉得卡特总统有没有
Do we assume Carter has or hasn't
事先看过这个
read this beforehand?
《休斯顿精神》
没看过
Hasn't.
我会做一段开场白
So I'll make some introductory remarks.
然后你们每个人都要
Then each of you will take a minute
给总统简单介绍下我们给国会的提议
to brief the president on our proposals to Congress.
我们速度要快 只有15分钟
We have to move fast. We only have 15 minutes.
哪个环节15分钟
15 minutes for which part?
总共
Total.
这总比不会晤好吧
Would you rather we have no meeting?
15分钟不叫会晤 而是拍宣传照
15 minutes isn't a meeting. It's a photo op.
我能怎么办
Well, what am I supposed to do?
取消 要求进行一次正式的会晤
Cancel it. Ask for a proper meeting.
取消暗示我们期待实质性结果
Canceling signals that we expect real results.
我们花了两年时间想出了这个行动计划
We've spent two years coming up with this plan of action.
与此同时 他削减了国内项目开支
Meanwhile, he's cutting domestic programs
好让他可以增加军费
so he can increase military spending.
我们该发表一份新闻稿
We should issue a press release.
就照你这么说
Say exactly that.
最好别在媒体上批评我们自己的总统
I don't think we wanna criticize our own president in the press.
基辛格最近几周一直对卡特横施淫♥威♥
Kissinger has been publicly strong-arming Carter for weeks
为了给伊朗王争取庇护
to get asylum for the Shah of Iran.
男生们就是这么做的
This is how the boys do it.
瑞塔 帮我联♥系♥汉姆·乔丹
Rita, get me Ham Jordan!
汉密尔顿·乔丹 前白宫幕僚长
拜托了
Please!
我给你准备了一份礼物
I got you a present.
未校正版
《不必向他们道歉》
美国参议员巴里·M·戈德华特个人与政♥治♥生涯回忆录
你是怎么
How did you...
我不能透露我的线人
Ah, I can't divulge my sources.
这么说吧
Let's just say
某个总统候选人急需我们的支持
a certain presidential candidate is desperate for our support.
谁 克莱恩吗
Who? Crane?
他在后视镜里看到里根在加速
He sees Reagan in his rearview mirror, gaining speed,
但他的税收修正案令人耳目一新
but that tax amendment of his was a breath of fresh air.
我也不觉得他会变中立
And I don't see him drifting center.
建制派很尊重他
Yeah, the establishment, uh, respects him,
但我觉得希望不大
but I-I think it's a long shot.
每个真正的保守党都希望不大
Every true conservative is.
菲尔·克莱恩入住白宫
Phil Crane in the White House,
一个来自伊利诺伊州的共和党总统
a Republican president from Illinois.
准备好你的会面吧 施拉夫利太太
Get ready for your appointment, Mrs. Schlafly.
尊敬的施拉夫利太太
Mrs. Schlafly, Esquire.
我刚宣誓就职
I was just sworn in.
你要换信纸抬头吗
You gonna change your stationery?
那只能放在书房♥ 我永远不会执业
Well, it's the only place to put it. I'm never gonna practice.
我得说 他看你的样子
I must say, the way he looks at you,
差点就让我想要背书坎普了
it almost makes me want to endorse Kemp.
他看我的样子
The way he looks at me?
淡定 我跳动的心
Be still, my beating heart.
目录...
The index goes...
从萨克斯比直接变成了施莱辛格
from Saxby to... straight to Schlesinger.
什么
What?
这里
Here.
那是疏忽
That was an oversight.
没有我戈德华特永远都拿不下那个提名
Goldwater would never have won that nomination without me.
因为他不是赢家
Because he wasn't a winner,
而这次我们要让一个赢家去参选
and we need to run a winner this time,
我们可以自行挑选
and we will have our pick.
想想所有会来华府参加这个晚会的人
Think of everyone coming to D.C. for this gala,
我们听听他们的想法
and we will hear what they have to say.
-嗯 -然后我们再做决定
- Mm-hmm? - And then we will decide.
那...你觉得何时宣布
So...when do you think is the best time for us to declare
我们要支持谁最好
who we're going to, uh...back?
在爱荷华州之后
After Iowa.
好 别弄乱我头发
All right, now you be careful with my hair.
不必道歉 总统先生
Uh, no need to apologize, Mr. President.
不不 非常感谢
No, no, thank you very much.
我们很期待
Uh, we look forward to it.
我们争取到了两小时
We got in for two hours.
他的笑话真的那么好笑吗
Were his jokes really that funny?
天呐 当然不 有关戴维营的萨达特
Oh, God, no, something about Sadat at Camp David.
我完全不懂 但笑就对了
I had no idea, but you laugh.
我们该走了
We should get going.
斯坦在车里等着呢
Stan's waiting in the car.
几周之内你得回华盛顿
You have to come back down to D. C. in a couple of weeks.
反正我也要和凯·格雷厄姆会面
I have a meeting with Kay Graham anyway.
你要在《邮报》上发文章吗
You're doing a piece in the "Post"?
它不是你的竞争对手吗
Isn't that your competition?
我在给《女士杂♥志♥》找买♥♥家
I'm looking at buyers for "Ms."
我经营不下去了
I can't keep it afloat.
20世纪享誉全美的女性杂♥志♥
斯坦奈姆于1965年起做过其编辑
但该杂♥志♥于60年代末期渐渐落败
我只希望它不要变成下一个《麦考尔》杂♥志♥
I just hope she doesn't turn it into another "McCall's."
当初《女士杂♥志♥》替我们发声时
"Ms." gave us a voice
我们都没有听众
when no one was listening.
但看看现在
Now look at us.
连总统都在倾听我们
We have the ear of the president.
接下来 女士们先生们
And now, ladies and gentlemen,
请欣赏一场非常特别的表演
a very special performance.
用歌♥声让你们目眩神迷的
Here to dazzle you with their vocal stylings--
格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆和贝拉·艾布扎格
Gloria Steinem and Bella Abzug!
《平权修正案》终结晚会
荣誉 菲莉丝·施拉夫利
一个庆祝击败《平权修正案》的夜晚
支持家庭委员会承办
1979年3月22日 肖尔维奇酒店
安息吧
*我们是两个小女权主义者*
*Two little feminists are we*
*极尽女权主义者的尖锐*
*Shrill as a feminist can be*
*不信主 无情还坏脾气*
*Godless and man-less and ornery-eeh*
*两个小女权主义者*
*Two little feminists*
*求求你们通过《平权修正案》*
*We beg you to pass the ERA*
*把我们的特权夺走*
*And take our privileges away*
*除非你是拉拉或基佬*
*Except if you're lesbian or gay*
反《平权修正案》州荣誉名单 反对七年
伊利诺伊州 路易斯安那州 密西西比州 密苏里州 内华达州
*两个小女权主义者*
*Two little feminists*
*这个女权主义者 她永远不结婚*
*This feminist, she will not marry*
*征兵送她去军队*
*Draft her into the military*
*堕胎也很有必要*
*Abortion was also necessary*
*两个小女权主义者*
*Two little feminists*
*两个小女权主义者*
*Two little feminists*
*这个女权主义者来自纽约*
*This feminist from New York City*
*是筹款委员会的一大祸害*
*Bane of the Ways and Means Committee*
*丢了她的席位 真可惜*
*Lost her seat? Oh, what a pity*
*两个小女权主义者*
*Two little feminists*
*两个小女权主义者*
*Two little feminists*
精彩
Bravo!
请和我一起欢迎焦点女性
Please join me in welcoming the woman of the hour--
菲莉丝·施拉夫利太太
Mrs. Phyllis Schlafly!
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你 朋友
Thank you, friends.
谢谢
Thank you.
欢迎来到1979年《平权修正案》的时代讽刺剧现场
Welcome to the ERA Follies of 1979!
谢谢
Thank you.
女权主义者以为他们赢得了一场重大胜利
The libbers thought they had won a great victory
当他们给国会和白宫施压
when they pressured Congress and the White House
迫使法案的批准时限
to grab them a crooked extension
得到不正当的延长
to the ratification deadline.
但据我所知 若按照原本的时间
But as far as I am concerned, tonight is the night
今天晚上
on the original deadline
就是《平权修正案》在道德和宪法上死亡的一晚
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表