剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
and that's why we think it's a fraud.
你能给我们一个具体案例说明你的意见吗
Can you give us an example of what you mean?
比如说 在现有的法律体系下
Well, uh, for example, uh, under our current system,
在婚姻破裂的情况下
uh, in a case of a breakup of marriage,
孩子的抚养权归母亲
the mother gets the children.
谁想用父母双方各得到一个孩子的抚养权方式
Now, uh, who wants to trade that in for a so-called equality
来交换所谓的平等呢
whereby each, uh, parent gets one child?
《平权修正案》并没有提到离婚的情况下
The ERA does not say that in the case of divorce,
-父母各得到一个孩子 -有 它提到过
- each parent gets one child. - Oh, yes, it does.
它说你必须绝对平等地理解事物
It says you have to interpret things absolutely equally.
那如果只有一个孩子呢 难道切成两半吗
Well, what if she has one child, would it be cut in half?
你想怎么开玩笑都行
Oh, well, you-- you can joke all you want.
但法♥院♥就会判决
I mean, the courts, uh, would decide,
就像最近华盛顿特区一案的判决一样
as they did, uh, with a recent Washington, D. C., case,
三个孩子的抚养权归父亲
where three children were given to the father,
母亲却得支付抚养费
and the mother had to pay child support.
-那个案例的名字是什么 -真是太疯狂了
- What was the name of the case? - It's crazy to say that was
如果说这是女性的进步 但是
an advance for women, but the--
更大的问题是 《平权修正案》侵蚀了婚姻制度
the larger issue is that the ERA erodes the institution of marriage,
不止在离婚方面
not just divorce--
-援引案例 -案例
- Cite the case. - The case?
我得去查一下才行 但重点是
Well, I'd have to look it up, but the point is--
你不知道案例的名字
You don't know the name of the case?
这样的案例太多了
Well, there's so many cases.
我们没有时间一一援引
We don't have time to cite them all.
-援引一个就行 -我们没有时间一一援引
- Just cite the one case. - We don't have time to cite them all.
援引这一个就行
Just name this one case.
重点是 如果所有事都必须平等
The point is, if everything must be equal,
那按照《平权修正案》的逻辑
then the logical extension of the ERA
我们就会处于一个不分性别的社会
is that we would have a gender-neutral society...
-同性恋就会... -你在恐吓美国女性
- or homosexuals will have... - You have scared the women of America
迫使她们相信一个无事实依据的论点
into believing something that is not based in reality,
但当你在现实生活中
but when you argue an actual point
在法庭上与人辩论时
in the real world in a court of law,
你需要援引案例来支持你的论点
you need to cite a case to support your argument,
所以援引案例吧
so cite the case.
我记得是弗雷诉兰厄姆或兰卡斯特
Well, I think it was Foley vs. Langham or Lancaster.
或者类似的名字
Something like that.
-没有这个案例 -当然有
- No, there is no such case. - Oh, yes, there is.
-但是你看 -你是现编了一个案例吗
- But you see-- - Did you just make up a case?
我不是律师 我是律师的妻子
I'm not a lawyer. No. I'm the wife of a lawyer,
而我觉得这样更有趣
and I really do think that's more fun,
我厌倦了女权主义者们
and I get tired of the feminists...
听着 我怀疑我们根本不能达成一致观点
Well, listen, I doubt we're gonna get to agree on this at all,
-所以我们继续下个话题吧 -事实没有异议
- so we should just move on. - There is no disagreeing on fact.
事实就是根本没有弗雷诉兰厄姆案
The fact is there is no Foley vs. Langham case.
还有个事实就是你不是真的家庭主妇
Also a fact is that you are not really a housewife.
你是全职说客 专为阻止《平权修正案》的通过
You are a full-time lobbyist working to defeat the ERA
好让男人们在商界继续赚大钱
so that businessmen can continue to make millions of dollars...
-不不不 -在女性工作时 买♥♥保险时
- No, no, no, no. - ...discriminating against women when they work,
还有生产时
when they buy insurance,
-歧视她们 -我不为任何人工作
- and when they give birth. - No, well, I don't work for anyone.
真棒 那你就是个傀儡
Oh, great, so you're a patsy.
大部分的钱财
The majority of the money--
也许你该专心烤面包
Well, maybe you should stick to baking
把解释法律的工作留给律师
and leave interpreting the law to the lawyers.
好了 两位的太太都很有自己的看法
Okay. You both have some opinionated wives,
但说真的 我们让男士们也参与进来
but seriously, let's bring the fellas in on this
让他们也说几句吧
and have them get a word in.
马克 你说自己的婚姻是平等婚姻
Marc, you are in what you call an equal marriage.
那我问你
So let me ask you this.
你们家谁穿裤子[主掌大权]
Who wears the pants in your family?
我俩都穿 但布兰达穿着
Well, we both do. Uh, Brenda looks much better in them
比我好看很多
than I do.
不过 我们的婚姻着实是从
But, um, our marriage was-- was really forged
女权的熔炉里锻造出来 所以我们不界定角色
in the crucible of feminism, so we don't have assigned roles.
那弗莱德 你们呢
And, Fred, how about you?
你妻子给人感觉很强势
Well, your wife has a very strong and--
占主导地位
and dominant kind of style.
在家是她说了算吗
She wear the pants in your family?
不 不是
No, she doesn't.
显然我的体格比她大
I'm obviously physically larger than she is.
是啊 他每天早上要做25个引体向上呢
Yeah, well, he chins himself 25 times every morning.
而且她其实 很顺从
And, uh, she's very, uh, submissive.
顺...顺从
Sub-submissive?
等等 菲莉丝·施拉夫利顺从
Wait. Phyllis Schlafly submissive?
我真是 我已经无法
I just--I... Well, I can't even, uh...
是真的吗
Is that right?
这个嘛 弗莱德是家里的老大
Well, um, Fred's the boss of the family,
而且
and, um...
好了 说到服从命令
All right. Well, speaking of submissive,
我们都得养家糊口 所以
we've got some bills to pay here, so...
-刚才那算什么 -我不喜欢你的语气
- And what was that all about? - I don't like your tone.
你把我晾在一边
You hung me out to dry!
你编造了一个案子 我没法支持你
You made up a case, and I couldn't defend you
那会让我显得很蠢
without looking foolish.
那你至少能早点插话啊
Well, you could've jumped in earlier.
-如果你能停嘴一会 -不不不
- If you had stopped talking... - Oh, no, no, no.
你只是坐在那无动于衷 你觉得我为什么
You just sat there. Why do you think--
-怎么 -带你来这里
- What? - I brought you.
法学院入学考试不是闹着玩 对吧
That LSAT wasn't a lark, was it?
你要申请法学院
You're applying to law school.
-这有那么疯狂吗 -是的 疯狂至极
- Is that such a crazy idea? - Yes! Absolutely crazy.
不 你只是觉得我不会被录取
No, you don't think I could get in.
这与你是否被录取无关
It's not a matter of whether you could get in.
我养大了六个孩子 他们都快成年了
I have raised six children. They're almost all grown--
你太老了
You are too old.
谁50岁了还申请法学院啊
Who applies to law school at 50?
你无法阻止我去
You can't stop me from going.
那好 谁来付学费
Well, who's going to pay for it?
我任凭你为自己的事业追求 在全国上下奔走
I have let you run around this country with your cause.
是我们的追求 弗莱德 我们的追求
It's our cause, Fred. It's our cause.
我 才是家中的律师
I... am the lawyer in the family.
别担心 我也不打算做不动产律师
Don't worry. I'm not looking to practice estate law!
我们结婚时你向我许下了神圣的誓言
You made a sacred promise to me when we were married,
还是说你已经忘了
or have you forgotten?
我没有忘
I've not forgotten.
但你不能怪我 因为是你没有好好利用
But you can't blame me if you didn't do more
你的法学学位来拯救国家
with your law degree to save our country.
你要去哪
Where are you going?
我没必要向你解释
I don't need to explain myself to you.
天呐 今晚你太优秀了
God, that was tremendous.
你也很厉害
You were pretty amazing.
谢谢 谢谢 我们是个很棒的团队
Thank you. Thank you. We make a great team.
你爱她吗
Are you in love with her?
我都不知道我喜不喜欢她
I don't even know if I like her.
抱歉我骗了你
I'm sorry I lied to you.
我很抱歉 我...
I'm sorry. I'm...
我很困惑 而且
I'm confused, and...um...
怎么了
What?
我真的很喜欢跟女人在一起
I really love being with a woman.
胜过我吗
More than me?
我绝不会爱别人胜过爱你
I could never love anyone more than you.
我们该怎么办
What do we do?
如果你不给自己定性呢
What if you didn't have to be this or that?
如果有别的出路呢
I mean, what if there's another way?
这不就是过激进生活的意义吗
Isn't it the whole point of living a radical life?
直到孩子出生
Until you bring a child into it.
谁说的
Says who?
我们一直都是按自己的规则来
We've always played by our own rules.
我们可以建立我们自己想要的家庭
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表