剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
在明天的集♥会♥上
Tomorrow at the rally,
我会宣布 我们要逼迫麦戈文
I am going to announce that we should push McGovern
选择你作为他的竞选搭档
to choose you as a running mate.
-她已经给你降职了 -没有
- She's already demoting you. - No.
第一位女性副总统 这可是真正的政♥治♥权力
First female vice president-- that's real political power.
如果我们真的要改变现状
If we're serious about shaking things up,
我们必须不能让麦戈文在第一轮投票中获胜
we have to keep McGovern from winning on the first ballot.
如果举♥行♥了第二轮投票
If it goes to a second ballot,
我能够得到100到150名代表的支持
if I can control a hundred or 150 delegates,
-我就能当上国王 -女王
- I can be a kingmaker. - Queenmaker.
-没错 -全是假设 你在做梦
- Yes. - If, if, if. You're dreaming.
支持你的只有几十名代表
You got a few dozen delegates.
是时候退出了
It's time to drop out.
你已经表明了观点
You've made your point.
在麦戈文获得大多数代表的支持前
Until McGovern has the majority of the delegates,
任何人都还有机会
it's still anybody's game.
是啊 为什么党团
Yes, why can't the caucus
不能全力支持谢丽
throw its full support behind Shirley?
这个问题我们已经讨论过很多次了 贝蒂
We've been over this a hundred times, Betty.
党团是跨党派的
The caucus is bipartisan.
我们不能支持两党的任何总统候选人
We can't endorse presidential candidates in either party.
我们和谢丽一起成立的党团
Well, we founded the caucus with Shirley.
我们可以改变规则 而且你说了不算 贝拉
We can change the rules, and it's not up to you, Bella.
格洛丽娅是我们的发言人 大家都在提醒我
Gloria is our spokeswoman, as everybody keeps reminding me.
我支持谢丽
I'm endorsing Shirley.
但你认为麦戈文是最好的白人男性候选人
But you think McGovern is the best white male candidate.
我曾经就向一个记者说过一次 我那在开玩笑
Oh, I said it once to a reporter. I was joking.
我坚决支持你
Well, I support you unequivocally.
我们不是来站队的
We're not here to take sides.
我们是来争取解决问题 不是来争取候选人
We're here to fight for the issues, not the candidate.
我们已经惹怒了麦戈文的竞选团队
We already pissed off McGovern's campaign
因为我们强制众议院对堕胎权进行投票
by forcing a floor vote on abortion.
现在你想让我们阻止他获得提名
Now you want us to keep him from getting the nomination?
不会成功的 而且他会记得
It won't work, and he'll remember.
他当上总统的时候会记得
He'll remember when he gets to the White House
我们反对过他 而我们需要他
that we were against him, and we need him
让女人进入内阁 迅速批准《平权修正案》
to get a woman into the Cabinet, get the ERA ratified quickly,
产假津贴 日托
maternity benefits, daycare.
我们不能离间自己的男性同盟
We can't afford to alienate our male allies.
我们现在终于一脚踏进了游戏
We finally got our foot in the door,
现在你要我们把它付之一炬吗
and now you want us to kick it down?
活该 谁让他们逼我们穿高跟鞋
Well, serves them right for making us wear heels.
-你要是理解权力 -我理解权力
- If you understood power, you-- - I understand... power.
我是想维护我们的利益
I am trying to protect our interest,
在真正能有结果的地方施压
put pressure in the places that makes real results,
而不是只有象征意义
not symbolic.
我不能让你的自负坏了大事
I am not gonna let your ego get in the way.
什么 我自负 要是你竞选总统
What, my ego? If you were running for president,
不仅这整个运动会支持你
not only would this entire movement endorse you,
我们还会主持募捐 敲别人的门
we would host fundraisers, knock on doors,
一个个打电♥话♥
make phone calls--
因为我知道怎么正确做事
Because I would go about it in the right way!
贝拉
Bella.
你想让别人认真对待我们吗
Do you want us to be taken seriously or not?
-你就 -她有2%的选票
- Just... - She got 2% of the vote.
她从黑豹党那边拿钱
She took money from the Black Panthers
让他们背书
and their endorsement.
她的竞选运动就是个笑话
Her campaign's a joke!
别这样
Come on.
天啊
God.
我不该说这话
Shouldn't have said that.
你一直说你会支持我
You always said you would support me.
为什么不能支持到底呢
Why couldn't you go all the way?
我以为你会先来跟我们讨论
I thought you'd talk to us first.
你只是突然宣布了
You just announced.
我这辈子取得的成就
I didn't get anywhere in my life
从来不是靠等他人批准
waiting on somebody's permission.
你要是不能支持我 就给我走
If you can't support me, get out of my way.
别
No.
"总的来说 我们并非作为
"Collectively, we've come together
女性解放组织汇聚在一起
"not as a women's liberation group,
而是作为女性 唯一"
but as women... The only--"
他们的种族比我们低劣
Them people is inferior to us people.
爸爸 一个相信上帝的人
Daddy, how can a man who believes in God
怎么能说那种话
talk like that?
因为我用的是上帝给我的常识
Because I'm using the common sense that God gave me.
亚奇 那是彻头彻尾的仇恨
Archie, that's out and out hate.
仇恨 这跟仇恨有什么关系
Hate?! What has any of this got to do with hate,
你个蠢波兰佬
you dumb Pollock?
我叫他们专门给你做通心粉派
I asked them to make you macaroni pie special.
你让他们往里面加白兰地了吗
Did you ask them to put brandy in it?
谁知道我们入住之前 他们在这做了什么
Who knows what they did to this room before we checked in?
党团想让我退出
The caucus wants me to drop out,
把我的代表给麦戈文
release my delegates to McGovern.
-哪个 -你挑吧
- Which one? - Take your pick.
从回来后她们都在
They both have been talking to high heaven
高谈阔论
ever since way back.
到了76年能有女性总统 黑人总统
A female president by '76, a black president,
但到了紧要关头 就像爸经常说的
but when push comes to shove, it's like Pops always said.
一个巴掌拍不响
One hand won't clap.
她们就是不明白
And they can't see it!
贝拉觉得我太自负
Bella thinks I'm ego-tripping.
格洛丽娅屁也不放 怎么会这样
Gloria is just sitting on the fence! Why?!
为什么我是大会上唯一一个
Why am I the only one at this convention
认为让黑人女性竞选总统是值得一试的人
who thinks a black woman being president is worth the run?!
街区的大孩子对你视而不见时 你是怎么做的
What did you do when the older kids on the block ignored you?
我揍了他们
I punched them.
你揍了他们
You punched them.
共和党人恶梦
What's beginning to turn into a nightmare
始于6月17日
for the Republicans all began on June 17th
据警方透露
when, according to police,
五名男子在民♥主♥党全国代♥表♥大♥会♥会场
five men were caught with bugging equipment
被发现随身藏匿窃听设备
inside the Democratic National Convention...
帕梅拉来不了太可惜了
It's a shame Pamela couldn't come.
她比我们更需要一个周末出门透透气
She needs a weekend away more than any of us.
我跟她说了可以把孩子带上
I told her she could bring the baby.
酒店有童床
They have cribs.
我不太了解凯文 但他听起来很严格
I don't know Kevin well, but he sounds very strict.
立法者要这些东西
What are the legislators
干什么呢
supposed to do with those?
好吧
Well...
想想... 杰奎
think about...Jacquie!
你知道杰奎刚刚当祖母了吗
Did you know Jacquie just became a grandmother?
她甚至还不到35岁
She's not even 35.
对 她对此感到非常自豪
Yeah, well, she's very proud of that fact.
没有她对那些枕头那么自豪
Not as proud as she is of those pillows.
我应该带条别的裙子来的 可以今晚穿
Oh, I should've brought another skirt to wear tonight.
这条不太合适
This isn't appropriate.
来 试试这条
Here. Try this.
-菲莉丝 -不 你穿上会很好看的
- Oh, Phyllis. - No, it'll look great on you.
那你穿什么
Well, what will you wear?
我得把我们关于基辛格的书中
Oh, I've got to finish editing Chester's pages
切斯特的那部分校订完
on our book on Kissinger.
你不想出来跟姑娘们聚聚吗
Oh, you don't want to come out with the girls?
白宫里的那家伙让我们
Every day that man is in the White House
抵御核突袭的能力一天不如一天
makes us more vulnerable to a surprise nuclear attack.
海军上将让你校订他的章节吗
The Admiral lets you edit his chapters?
他是一位出色的军事战略家
He's a brilliant military strategist,
但不是一位大文豪
but a wordsmith he is not.
我都不知道你是怎么跟男人交流的
I don't know how you even talk to men.
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表