剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
美国夫人
第三集
本剧改编自因《平等权利修正案》引发的政♥治♥斗争和辩论的相关真实事件
部分剧中角色和一些场景对话做了戏剧创作和改编
谢丽
1972年6月
38州已有18州批准了《平权修正案》
你可真是个帅小伙
Oh, what a handsome devil you are.
谢谢 汤森太太
Oh, thank you, Mrs. Thomson.
贝丝听到我说这种话
Oh, Beth would rip my tongue out of my mouth
会扯出我的舌头 但她两年后就18了
if she heard me say this, but in 2 years, she'll be 18,
我希望有个施拉夫利家的女婿
and I want a Schlafly boy to be my son-in-law.
放松 他还有俩弟弟呢
Relax. I've got two more right behind him.
汤米去火奴鲁鲁休假时认识了个姑娘
Tommy met a girl while he was on leave in Honolulu.
她当时在跟父母一起度假
She was vacationing with her parents.
-他们来自拉杜 -真幸运
- They're from Ladue. - That's lucky.
汤姆什么时候结束派驻
When does Tom finish his tour?
圣诞节吧 但愿
Uh, by Christmas, God willing.
好 各位 我们开始吧
All right, everyone, let's get started.
我们还有很多事呢
We have a lot to do.
-爱丽丝 -嗯
- Alice? - Yes. Um...
好 我已定了酒店的会议室
Okay, so I have booked the conference room at the hotel.
如果你还没订房♥间 之后来找我
If you don't have a room reserved yet, see me after.
我在组织去圣路易斯的车程
And I'm coordinating rides to St. Louis
有人想拼车找我
if anybody wants to carpool.
我们已证明我们可以在伊利诺伊州
And we've proved we can stop the ERA
阻止《平权修正案》
right here in Illinois,
因为大家的努力工作
and it's because of your hard work
百余名我的订阅者
that over a hundred of my subscribers
周末想来圣路易斯
wanna come to St. Louis for the weekend
了解我们的策略
and learn from our strategy
帮忙开启全国宣传
and help launch our national campaign.
我们的目标是明年此时在全国
Our goal is to have chapters in 25 states
25个州建立分部
by this time next year.
我们要如何自称
What are we calling ourselves?
施拉夫利鹰女
Well, I think the Schlafly Eagles.
听上去像一群
That makes us sound like a group
中年德国女童军
of middle-aged German Girl Scouts.
名称应该代表我们的身份
The name should tell people who we are,
比如"主妇联盟"
like "League of Housewives."
不错 可惜已经占了
That's good. It's too bad it's already taken.
鹰的伴侣终身不变
Eagles mate for life,
我觉得这能代表我们的身份
and I think that tells people who we are.
但更重要的是 我在华府有些身份
But more importantly, I have a profile in D.C.,
如果我们想赶超女权分子的势力
and, uh, if we're going to catch up with the libbers,
我们得快速壮大
we're gonna need to grow fast,
我的名字能让我们立刻获得政♥治♥关注
and my name gives us instant political recognition.
但"施拉夫利"
The problem is "Schlafly"
不是个很顺口的名字
doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.
我都认识你20年了 我还是不确定
I've known you 20 years, and I'm still not sure
那些L的位置
where the L's go.
A前一个 F后一个
That's before the "A" and after the "F."
我们投票吧
Why don't we vote on it?
如果我们每件小事都投票
Well, if we vote on every little thing,
我们肯定办不完事了
we will never be ready.
但我们要投票选州领袖
But we are voting on state leaders
因为我打算竞选
because I plan on running
伊利诺伊州分部主管
for head of the Illinois chapter.
或许我也会竞选
Maybe I'll run, too.
这事可不是
Well, there's more to it
给几个立法者烤面包那么简单
than baking bread for a few legislators.
帕梅拉
Pamela?
不 那是我的手稿
Oh, no, that's my manuscript.
我乱画了 对不起
Oh, I ruined it. I'm so sorry.
不 没关系 只是第一页
Oh, no, it's all right. It's just the front page.
停止
这创意很好
This is smart.
什么
What is it?
我们自称"反对ERA"怎么样
What if we call ourselves "Stop ERA"?
如果能变成
It would be even better
缩略词会更好
if we could turn it into an acronym.
-反对告诉... -反对折磨...
- Stop Telling-- - Stop Tormenting...
-不 反对夺取... -反对占领...
- No, Stop Taking-- - Stop Taking Over--
-反对夺走我们的家庭支柱 -保护者
- Stop Taking Our Providers. - Protectors.
特权 反对夺走我们的特权
Privileges. Stop Taking Our Privileges.
很好
That's great.
奇泽姆
谢丽·奇泽姆
Shirley Chisholm!
就是现在 各位女性
Right now, women,
别忘了投给谢丽·奇泽姆
don't forget to vote for the Chisholm slate!
谢丽·奇泽姆最忠实的支持者
Shirley Chisholm gets some of her best support
包括大学生
from college students.
奇泽姆的精神就是我们来此的原因
The spirit of Chisholm is what we're here for.
跟随奇泽姆的脚步
我们就是人♥民♥ 这是全民投票
We are the people. This is a people's campaign.
最近都民♥意♥调查显示她的校园支持率
A recent poll will put her campus popularity
仅次于乔治·麦戈文
at second only to George McGovern's.
我们需要改变 男人只会给我们惹来麻烦
We need a change. All men do is get us into trouble.
我们现在的麻烦比以往都大
We're in more trouble now than we ever were.
据我们所知
As far as we know,
全国的民♥意♥调查都结束了
all the polls across the state have closed.
林赛 7%
麦卡锡 1%
奇泽姆 1%
尤金·麦卡锡和谢丽·奇泽姆分别得到1%
Eugene McCarthy and Shirley Chisholm got 1% each.
她对于叫她让位的建议大为恼怒
She bristles at the suggestion she step aside,
这是为避免她把自♥由♥党的选票
lest she draw liberal votes away
选择奇泽姆
从其他民♥主♥党总统竞争者身上拉走
from other Democratic presidential contenders.
麦戈文总统 72年
麦戈文参议员很可能在今晚的民♥主♥党提名中
Senator McGovern is likely to get a good, strong boost
得到强有力的助推 248名代表...
for the Democratic nomination tonight. 248 delegates...
你们推举我竞选总统
You pushed me to run as the people's president,
即使我们之前的表现不如人意
and even if we didn't do as well as we hoped,
我们仍能在大会上改变现状
we can still shake things up at the convention.
-没错 -说得对
- That's right. - That's right.
政客才不会出于好心
Politicians don't give their support
为大义而给与支持
for a good cause out of the goodness of their hearts.
太对了
That's right.
你可以到大会上
You can go to the convention
大喊 "黑人力量 我来了"
and yell, "Black power, here I come,"
"女性力量" 什么都好
"Women power," any kind of thing,
但那些讲究实际的男人
but the only thing that those hard-nosed boys
会理解的只有 你有多少代表
are going to understand-- how many delegates do you got?
-没错 -说得对
- That's right. - Yes, that's right.
麦戈文参议员
Senator McGovern.
你想要我的代表
You want my delegates?
是的
Yes, please!
那让黑人当副总统怎么样
Well, how about a black vice president?
让女性领导卫生署
How about a woman to head Department of Health?
使堕胎合法化
How about legalizing abortion?
用校车把我们的孩子送去更好的学校
Busing our children to better schools?
我很高兴你继续参加竞选
I'm glad you're staying in it.
听着
Listen.
我们得让当局知道
We got to let the establishment know
我们受够了
that we done just about had it.
我感觉我们要被邀请去迈阿密参加街头示♥威♥
I feel we're about to be invited to a street protest in Miami.
好吧
Okay.
为什么我们非得到街上去
Why do we have to be in the middle of the street
而他们可以在一个有空调的会议中心里
while they are in an air-conditioned convention center?
我受够了在外面示♥威♥ 我想在室内工作
I'm tired of protesting outside. I want to work inside,
有咖啡和地毯
where there is coffee and carpet.
懂吗
Okay?
这些猪要在这儿待多久
How long these pigs gon' be sticking around?
乔治·华♥莱♥士♥中枪
Well, George Wallace got shot,
总统给我派了特工处的人
and the president sent me Secret Service.
我们生活的时代颠倒了
We are living in upside down times.
说句公道话 是尼克松派他们来保护你的
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表