剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
for the Equal Rights Amendment.
奇泽姆众议员 你今天在众议院的辩论中
Congresswoman Chisholm, do you foresee any opposition
是否遭遇了任何
against the Equal Rights Amendment
反对《平等权利修正案》的声音
in today's debate in the House?
肯定会有很多众议员
Yeah, there will be a handful of congressmen
反对《平权修正案》 因为他们相信
who will oppose the ERA based on the belief
女性有属于她们的位置 而且为了她们好
that women have their place and must be kept in it
得让她们留在那里 但这种想法在绝迹
for their own good, but that belief is dying.
事实上 经济好的时候
Now the truth is, women have been protected
女服务员不用
from working as waitresses at night
晚上去工作
when the tips are large,
但如果她们只能去做清洁工
but they have never been protected
整晚刷地板 就失去了保护
when working as charwomen, scrubbing floors all night.
我们不再需要人保护我们了
We don't need anybody to protect us.
我不是不想帮你把车♥库♥里的
Well, it's not that I don't want to help you get
浣熊赶走
the raccoon out of your garage.
但伍德赛德不是我的选区
It's just that Woodside is not in my district.
这样吧 我会让我办公室
I'll tell you what. I'm gonna have my office
给你转接你的众议员
transfer you to your actual member of Congress.
我不知道他会不会接 试试看吧
I don't know if he answers his own phone. Let's find out.
莎伦 1号♥线接普切斯基办公室
Sharon, line one is for Pucinski's office.
-你亲自接电♥话♥呢 -每周几次吧
- You answer your own phone. - A few times a week, yes.
不然 我无法了解真正在
Otherwise, I...I lose sight of the real issues
困扰我选民的问题 比如下水道堵塞
that affect my constituents like a backed-up sewer,
失踪的《电视导视》 或一只浣熊
a missing "TV Guide," Or a raccoon
钻进了谁家的车♥库♥里
that has wandered into some guy's garage.
你早到了
You're early.
你是想赶上看看《平权修正案》辩论吗
Were you hoping to catch some of the ERA debate?
-不是 -我猜也是
- Oh, no. - Yeah, I didn't think so.
为什么
And why not?
你穿了裙子
Well, you are wearing a dress.
女权分子不♥穿♥裙子吗
Oh, libbers don't wear dresses?
-不会穿粉裙子 -其实
- Not pink ones. - Well, actually,
-这叫灰玫色 -其实 这让人分心
- it's dusty rose. - Actually, it is distracting.
我希望见戈德华特前
Now I was hoping to have that talk about, uh, the, uh,
能先谈谈竞选资助的事
campaign financing before the meeting with Goldwater.
是啊 如果他能赞助
Right, well, certainly his endorsement
对选民会产生很大影响
would mean a great deal to donors.
对你也是
Oh, well, as will yours.
我今天的日程比较忙
My schedule's a little tight today,
但我们之后一起喝酒吧
but why don't we have drinks afterwards?
我酒量不太好
Oh, well, I'm not much of a drinker, so...
那就别喝 你看我喝
Oh, well, so don't drink. Watch me drink.
或是 我们一起吃晚饭吧
Or better yet, let's have dinner.
你去过公爵餐厅吗
You ever been to Duke's?
好吧 我本打算晚餐前飞回去的
Right, well, I am scheduled to fly out before dinnertime,
但你之前说你能介绍我
but you, uh, mentioned you could introduce me
认识合适的人 或许鲍勃·道尔
to the right people. Perhaps, uh, Bob Dole?
我们可能会在公爵餐厅遇见他
We would probably run into him at Duke's.
来吧 你肯定喜欢 很多说客在那里工作
Come on. You'll love it. A lot of lobbyists hang out there.
能拿到很多政♥治♥行动委员会资金
A lot of PAC money to be had.
你不能早上再飞回去吗
Can you fly out in the morning?
也可以吧
Well, I guess so. Uh...
喂 戈德华特参议员办公室
Hello. Senator Goldwater's office.
如果你不肯给《平权修正案》投票
Well, if you're not gonna vote for the ERA
是因为你觉得那会有助你的阳刚形象
because you think it will boost your maverick image,
那我告诉你 参议员 你想错了
let me tell you, Senator, it won't.
只会让你显得像只沙文主义猪
It will boost your image as a chauvinist pig.
我不管 我要向更高的力量负责
I don't care. I answer to a higher authority.
你的选民会在下次选举里
Your constituents will hold you accountable
拿你是问
in the next election.
我是指上帝 但你肯定不会了解了
I meant God, but what would you know about that?
或是亚利桑那州 那里一直是共和党的天下
Or Arizona. It's all Republican all the time.
那正是那里的美妙之处
That's the beauty of the place.
别那么看我 贝拉 我支持修正案
Don't look at me like that, Bella. I'm voting for it.
我喜欢你
Well, you, I like.
巴里 你认识菲莉丝
Hi, Barry. You know Phyllis.
菲莉丝 见到你很高兴
Phyllis, nice to see you.
荣幸的是我 参议员
Oh, the pleasure's all mine, Senator.
你怎么看《平权修正案》的事
What do you make of all this ERA business?
那不是她的专长
It's not her area of expertise.
她是女人
She's a woman.
是的 就我自己的经验来说
Yes, I think I can speak from my own experience.
我从未感到受了歧视
I've--I've never been discriminated against,
我觉得有些女人喜欢把
and I think some women like to blame sexism
自己不够努力导致的失败
for their failures instead of admitting
归咎于性别歧视 你能反对它真是好样的
they didn't try hard enough, so good for you for opposing it.
也没那么好 我是孤军奋战
Well, not so good. I'm the only one.
我们知道你时间紧 巴里
We know you're short on time, Barry,
我就直说了 我们需要你帮忙
so, uh, I'll cut to the chase. We need your help.
你能给尼克松吹风 必须说服他
You have Nixon's ear. He must be convinced not to sign
不跟莫斯科签订武器限制协议
any arms control treaty with Moscow.
如果可以
Oh, if, uh, if you don't mind,
我们不希望这次会议被记录
we'd rather this meeting stay off the record.
玛格丽特
Margaret?
又是内维尔·张伯伦那套绥靖政策
This is Neville Chamberlain all over again.
我知道你们不想听到这个
Well, look, I know you're not going to want to hear this,
但他已决心签订协议了
but he's determined to sign a treaty.
我觉得我们该重点关注
Well, I think we should focus specifically
协议里最令人担忧的部分
on our biggest concerns in the treaty,
也就是反弹道导弹限制
which are the ABM limitations.
我们在多弹头分导再入飞行器上的优势并不能抵消
Now our superiority in MIRVs does not compensate
苏联在洲际弹道导弹 SS9上的优势
for the Russian superiority in ICBMs, SS-9s--
那个 你可以帮我们记笔记吗
Hey, listen, could-- could you take notes for us,
这样我们有个私下的记录
you know, so that we have an unofficial record?
你可能是这里笔迹最好看的
Well, you probably have the best penmanship of anyone here.
当然了
Oh, yes, of course.
玛格丽特可以给你拿个本子
Margaret can grab you a pad.
好
Okay.
我就回来
I'll be right back.
这是单边的协议 根本不能阻止...
It's a one-sided pact that doesn't do anything to stop...
你好 你是玛格丽特吧
Hello there. You must be Margaret.
-可以给我个笔记本吗 -当然
- Could I have a...A notepad? - Of course.
给 施拉夫利小姐
Here you go, Ms. Schlafly.
是施拉夫利太太
It's Mrs. Schlafly.
-我结婚了 -抱歉 施拉夫利太太
- I'm married. - I'm so sorry, Mrs. Schlafly.
...让我们暂停武器研究
...advantage in building up their weapons
而借机研发他们的武器
while we've been in a weapons freeze?
很快女孩们也要上战场
Well, soon we'll have girls in the foxholes,
那时我们才真处于劣势了
and then we'll really be at a disadvantage.
抱歉 之前你问我对
Well, I'm sorry. I held my tongue earlier
《平权修正案》看法时我没说
when you asked me about this ERA,
但我得说 如果你支持
but I have to say, if you're in favor
这胡扯的修正案 那我觉得你就
of this fraudulent amendment, I don't think you have
不该自称为共和党人
any business calling yourself a Republican.
这事没什么害处
It's an innocuous piece of business.
你看过了吗
H-Have you read it?
我看过了 众议员先生
Oh, yes, I have read it, Congressman.
你看过了吗
Have you read it?
你这什么意思
What do you mean, have I read it?
-你看过了吗 -是的
- Have you? - Yes.
那第二节说什么了
Then what does section two say?
没有第二节吧
I don't believe there is a section two.
不 第二节
Oh, no, section two
"国会将根据本法案
states that "Congress shall have the power
通过合理立法
"To enforce, by appropriate legislation,
将有权执行"
the provisions of this article."
如果《平权修正案》通过
Now if the ERA passes,
联邦政♥府♥将获得极大权力
it will give the federal government a massive amount of power.
我们难道不再是限制政♥府♥权力
I mean, are we no longer the party of limited government
支持州自治的党派了吗
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表