剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
美国夫人
第四集
本剧改编自因《平等权利修正案》引发的政♥治♥斗争和辩论的相关真实事件
部分剧中角色和一些场景对话做了戏剧创作和改编
贝蒂
最高法♥院♥今日裁定
The Supreme Court today ruled that
堕胎在怀孕的头三个月里
abortion is completely a private matter to be decided
应完全由母亲和医生决定
by mother and doctor in the first three months of pregnancy.
7对2的判决可能会大大影响
The 7-2 ruling to that effect will probably result
各州关于堕胎的法律
in a drastic overhaul of state laws on abortion.
尤其是 法庭今天推♥翻♥了
Specifically the court today overturned
德州和佐治亚州的法律 认为政♥府♥
laws in Texas and Georgia and ruled the government
-无权介入... -我无法工作
- has no right to enter... - I couldn't get any work done.
...应由母亲和医生
...into a decision which should be made
-做的决定 -他们要赢了
- by the mother and her doctor. - They're winning.
在怀孕的四到六个月期间
During the second three months of pregnancy...
1973年1月
这是个很好的决定 它彻底表明了
It's a great decision because it puts right on the line
女人有权决定是否留住胎儿
that a woman has the right to remain pregnant or not.
给予了女性自♥由♥选择权
It gives freedom of choice.
我从道德上
I respect the conscience of those
尊重反对堕胎者的良心
who oppose abortion on moral grounds.
但我不认为他们有权
I do not believe that they have the right
反对其他女性堕胎
to deprive other women of abortion.
堕胎虽然获得了法律允许
Abortion may be legally permissible.
但仍是不道德的
It is still morally wrong.
难以置信
I cannot believe it.
-你们听到新闻了 -是啊
- You heard the news? - I know.
罗诉韦德案 成为法律了
Roe v. Wade. It's the law of the land.
口头辩论时 我就在高院
I was in the Supreme Court during oral arguments.
天啊 你是贝蒂·弗莱顿
Oh, my God. You're Betty Friedan.
是的
I am.
你的书 改变了我的人生
Your book--it changed my life.
我能抱你吗
Can I hug you?
来吧
Well...please.
谢谢 格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆
Thank you, Gloria Steinem!
明天 你会结识一位欧洲君王跟他结婚
Tomorrow you'll meet a crowned head of Europe and marry.
而我会发肥胖病
I will have a fat attack.
吃300罐花生酱死去
Eat 300 peanut butter cups and die.
你现在成了我的楼上邻居
You know, now that you're my upstairs neighbor,
《玛丽·泰勒·摩尔秀》
我觉得我就像玛丽 上来拜访罗达
I feel like I'm Mary coming up to visit Rhoda.
-玛丽从不去看罗达 -是吗 为什么
- Oh, Mary never visits Rhoda. - Never? Why?
为什么
Why?
罗达 我要...
Rhoda, I'm running...
你要穿那件衬衫出门吗
You're going out in that blouse?
妈妈 只是件衬衫而已
Mom, it's just a blouse.
你18岁时可以穿它 不 20岁
That you can wear when you turn 18. No, 20.
你在哪买♥♥的
Where did you get that?
诺琳现在不♥穿♥了
Noreen doesn't wear it anymore,
就送我了
so she gave it to me.
马上去换
Change now, please.
别忘了我妈妈常说的
Remember what my mother always said.
数百万儿童...
There are millions of children...
她们现在还共穿衣服了
They share clothes now.
似乎挺贵的
Looked expensive.
卡尔喜欢花钱宠他的新妻子
Carl loves spending money on his new wife--
用我靠我的书挣来的钱
money I made from my book.
让他觉得高高在上
You know, it makes him feel superior.
我或许能介绍个人给你
You know, I may have someone for you--
李昂的朋友 离婚了 俩孩子 都是成年人
friend of Leon's, divorced, two children, grown.
或许吧 等我从
Oh, maybe. When I get back
女性党团大会回来再说
from the Women's Caucus Convention.
迈阿密之后你跟她们见过吗
You seen any of them since Miami?
我不该在媒体上批评格洛丽娅和贝拉
I shouldn't have slammed Gloria and Bella in the press.
她们也还击了 她们不是说服诺拉·埃夫隆
They slammed you right back. Didn't they convince Nora Ephron
在《绅士》杂♥志♥上把你一顿黑吗
to write that bitchy account of you for "Esquire"?
诺拉不需要人说服就会写恶毒的文章
Nora doesn't need convincing to write something bitchy.
这个嘛...
Oh, well...
大家都是这么想的吗
And is that what everybody thinks?
我是西方恶女巫
That I'm the Wicked Witch of the West,
而格洛丽娅是南方好女巫格林达
and Gloria is Glinda?
没人这么想
No one thinks that.
该有人告诉诺拉
You know, somebody should tell Nora
这个运动里真正的恶女巫
that the real Wicked Witch of the movement
是那个叫菲莉丝·沙弗利的女人
is that Phyllis "Schafly" Woman.
是长得像乡村歌♥星多莉·帕顿的那个吗
She the one that looks like Dolly Parton?
她的团体叫什么来着
What's the name of her group? Um--
不 是另一个人 来自伊利诺伊州
No. She's the other one from Illinois.
就是那个手举"反对"标牌的蜂窝头金发女吗
Oh, the one with the "STOP" signs and the blonde beehive?
她好可怕
She is terrifying.
而且我完全不信她是天生金发
And I do not buy for one second that she's a real blonde.
《平权修正案》岌岌可危
The ERA is in danger,
而人人都忙着讨好格洛丽娅 没空听我说话
and everyone is too busy fawning over Gloria to listen to me.
太荒谬了 她们是被她那一头长发蒙蔽了吗
It's absurd! Are they so blinded by all the hair?
那就逼她们听
So make them listen.
你可是贝蒂·弗莱顿啊
You're Betty Friedan, for chrissake.
38州已有30州批准了《平权修正案》
谢谢
Thank you.
你知道谁是共和党的后起之秀吗
Well, you know who is a rising star in the Republican Party?
奥黛丽
Audrey here,
我还让她去竞选国家党团的
and I have recruited her to run for Vice President
副♥主♥席♥
of the national caucus.
我不确定我是后起之秀
I do not know if I'm a rising star,
但我绝对很显眼
but I definitely stand out.
-你成长于共和党家庭吗 -不是
- You were raised Republican? - No.
我父母对此可不开心
And my folks were not too happy about it.
我跟你说了 你不用带裘皮大衣过来的
You know, I told you, you did not need to bring a fur coat.
我大老远拖过来
Well, I hauled it all the way down here.
我才不要脱下
I'm not taking it off.
但你遍体生津
But now you're schvitzing all over the place.
-遍体生津 -怎么 我尽力了
- Schvitzing? - What? I'm trying.
还遍体生津
Schvitzing?
我们应该叫贝蒂过来
Oh, we should bring Betty over.
是吗
You think?
她就是想当女老大嘛
So she wants to be Mother Superior.
这是她应得的 我们困在了荒野里四十年
She's earned it. We were in the wilderness for 40 years.
是她点燃了火柴
She lit a match.
谢丽 我先前都不确定你会不会来
Shirley! I wasn't sure if you were coming.
大家好
Hello, everybody.
-谢丽 -谢丽 贝蒂
- Shirley. - Shirley, Betty.
这是奥黛丽
Oh. This is Audrey.
你还好吗 你看起来不太对劲
Are you okay? You don't look yourself.
-是因为调查吗 -今年很漫长
- Is it the investigation? - Ugh. It's been a long year.
你需要律师的话 我可以介绍几个人给你
You need a lawyer, I can get you some names.
这太过分了 就是政♥治♥迫♥害♥
It's just outrageous. It's a witch hunt, you know.
因为滥用竞选资金调查你 而不去调查尼克松
Investigating you for misuse of campaign funds instead of Nixon.
你现在在白宫肯定很尽兴吧
I bet you're having a great time at the White House right now.
-不无聊就是了 -那你能告诉我们
- It isn't dull. - So can you tell us which
会传唤他的哪个顾问去作证吗
of his advisors they'll be calling to testify?
你觉得呢
Who do you think?
我赌是霍尔德曼和埃利克曼
Well, my money is on Haldeman and Erlichman.
当然了 德国人
Of course. German.
没错
Yes.
你知道政♥府♥真正应该调查的是谁吗
You know who the government should be looking into--
-菲莉丝·沙弗利 -是施拉夫利
- Phyllis "Schafly." - Schlafly.
我受伍德沃德和伯恩斯坦的启发
I was inspired by Woodward and Bernstein
水门事件的报道记者
去调查了
to do some digging
她在"反对ERA"活动中使用的资金
into the funding of her STOP ERA operations,
你们绝对猜不到我发现了什么
and you'll never guess what I discovered.
她是约翰·伯奇协会的成员
She's a member of the John Birch Society.
美国极右政♥治♥组织
你觉得她这种人
Do you think someone like her
会在意别人叫她伯奇主义分子吗
will care if she gets called a Bircher?
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表