剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表
Try counting sheep.
想跟大人一起坐会儿
Do you wanna come sit with the grownups
直到犯困吗
till you get sleepy?
来 我帮你收拾茶
Here, let me help with the tea.
她好多书都是
Mm. She wrote most of her books
这丫头坐在她腿上时打出来的
with this one sitting on her lap while she typed.
茶她能搞定
I think she can handle tea.
等你当选 菲莉丝
When you get elected, Phyllis,
你得准备好应付女权分子
you'd better be ready to deal with the libbers.
满华府都是他们的人
They're all over D.C.
多谢你的支持
I appreciate your support, but, uh,
但我已经决定今年不参选了
I've decided not to run this year.
华盛顿问题太多
Washington's broken.
我觉得去努力改变那里就是浪费时间
I think it's a waste of time to try and fix it.
我觉得我通过在家进行
I think I can shake things up more effectively
草根活动 能更有效地影响局面
through my grassroots organizing right here at home.
我总说 真正的改变
Well...I always say that real change
是自下而上的
comes from the bottom up.
而且 我妈妈很快要搬来跟我们住了
Besides, my mother will be moving in with us soon.
她岁数大了 现在实在不合适
She's getting older, so it's just...not a good time.
弄得到处都是
Oh, it's all over the rest.
罗杰 去帮帮手
Roger, go make yourself useful.
那些可以拿出去了
Those are ready to go out now.
我相信
Now I have, uh, no doubt...
今天开车过来的路上
...that in the, uh, car ride over today,
你们肯定都跟女儿们说了
that you warned your daughters
我是美国革命妇女会的
that I am Chairman of National Defense
国防主席
for the Daughters of the American Revolution,
因此 她们要准备好听一场
and as such, to, uh, prepare themselves
讲座了
for a lecture on the, uh,
关于反导防御系统必要性
need for an anti-missile defense system...
或美国核优势终结
...or the end of U. S. nuclear superiority.
所以你们可能会感到惊讶
So it may come as a surprise, uh, you
今天我不打算讲
that, uh, today I am not going to talk
苏联的军事威胁 而是要谈另一个威胁
about the Soviet military threat but rather another threat--
对传统美国家庭的威胁
a threat to the traditional American family,
这个威胁同样危险
a threat that is just as dangerous
甚至更加险恶
and even more insidious--
也就是女性解放运动的威胁
the threat of the women's liberation movement.
我要说清楚
But let me be clear.
我并不反对女性获得成功
I am not against, uh, women succeeding.
我不反对女性离家工作
I am not against women working outside the home.
那是她们的选择
That's their choice.
但我反对一小股精英团体
But what I am against is a small, elitist group
来自东北部建制派的自♥由♥党人
of Northeastern establishment liberals
打击主妇
putting down the homemakers.
女权分子特喜欢说
Now the libbers love to say
她们想给女性选择权
that they're dedicated to choice,
但如果你敢选择做全职妈妈
but if you dare to choose the path of full-time mother,
那你肯定是有问题
well, there must be something wrong with you.
如果你不觉得被奴役了
I mean, if you don't feel enslaved,
那你是愚蠢 不明事理
well, you're just dumb and unenlightened.
事实上 你甚至算不上个人
In fact, you're not even a person.
因为
'Cause, you see,
女性解放运动基本上
the women's liberation movement is basically
就是一种很消极的生活态度
a very negative attitude toward life.
它告诉女性
It--It tells women,
"姐妹 命运对你不利
"Sister, the cards are stacked against you.
你早上醒来时
"When you wake up in the morning,
别想找到工作 即便你找到了
"You won't get a job, and if you do,
这工作也不好
"It won't be a good one,
你找到了好工作 也别想获得晋升
"And if you get a good one, you won't get promoted,
如果你结婚了
"And if you get married,
你丈夫会拿你当仆人
"Your husband will treat you like a servant,
婚姻充满了脏尿布和脏盘子"
"And marriage is just a lot of dirty diapers and dirty dishes."
但别听我说
But don't take my word for it.
读读她们的作品
Read their own literature.
贝蒂·弗莱顿 运动之母
Betty Friedan, mother of the movement,
在《女性奥秘》里写道
wrote in "The Feminine Mystique"
婚姻是 原话是
that marriage is, and I quote,
"舒适的集中营"
"A comfortable concentration camp."
但她们不仅
But it is not enough
满足于在媒体上贬低我们
that they're demeaning us in the press.
不 他们还想利用我们奇妙的宪法
Oh, no. Now they want to use our miraculous Constitution
创造一个性中立的社会
to create a sex-neutral society
通过这所谓的《平等权利修正案》
through this so-called Equal Rights Amendment,
这将意味着 那个小姑娘能被征兵
which will mean that that baby girl will be drafted.
而男人则在家里
And the men will be at home,
照顾宝宝
nursing the babies.
你们能想象
I mean, can you imagine
让巴克留下照顾你们的孩子吗
if Buck was left in charge of your children?
老天保佑
Oh, God, help us.
是啊 没错 这多荒唐
Yes, that's right. It's ridiculous,
这是反美的
and it's downright un-American,
因为女性是主要的家庭照顾者
because women are the primary caregivers in the home
因为孩子是我们生的
because we bear the children.
如果女权分子对此有不满
And if the liberationists have a problem with that,
他们只能找上帝算账了
they're gonna have to take it up with God.
因为如果你逼女性
'Cause what is going to happen
去工作 结果就是
if you push women out into the workforce
女性会发现自己
is that women are going to find themselves
要做两份全职工作
with two full-time jobs.
她们会精疲力尽 非常痛苦
And they're going to be exhausted and unhappy
感觉她们两边都没做好
and feel like they're not doing either well
直到她们最终决定不生孩子
until eventually they decide not to have children at all.
或许那正是女权分子的目标
Maybe that's the liberationists' goal.
毕竟 他们的英雄是格洛丽娅·斯坦奈姆
I mean, after all, their hero is Gloria Steinem,
一个将近40的独身无子女性
a single, childless woman nearing 40,
但他们就想成为她那样痛苦
but she's the sort of, uh, miserable, pathetic woman
可悲的女人
they aspire to be.
她想用宪法来解决
She wants some kind of constitutional cure
她的私人问题
for her personal problems.
或许这就是为何 这些女权分子
And perhaps that is why the liberationists are trying
想把不满的情绪蔓延到
to sow these seeds of discontent
我们这些幸福的已婚女人中来
among we happily married women.
她们希望我们跟他们成为姐妹
They want us to join them in some new sisterhood
一起感到沮丧
of frustrated togetherness
因为她们都找不到愿意娶他们的男人
because none of them can find a man who wants to marry them.
爱丽丝·麦克雷太太
菲莉丝·施拉夫利报告 女性"平权"错在哪里
帕梅拉太太
萝丝玛丽·汤森太太
杰姬·戴维森太太
安·帕特森 玛丽·芙兰茜丝·里德
接下来 ABC台的比尔·齐默曼
Next, ABC's Bill Zimmerman
在纽约布鲁克林为您带来报道
covered the story in Brooklyn, New York.
奇泽姆太太 你今天感觉如何
Mrs. Chisholm, how are you feeling today?
我感觉很好
Oh. I feel wonderful.
我们国家现在在发生非常
It's one of the most marvelous things to happen in our country
了不起的事
at this moment.
我国历史上首次
Uh, for the first time in the history of our nation,
一个有色人种 还是女人
a person of color, a woman at that,
要竞选本国的最高职位
is running for the highest office in the land,
很高兴知道
and it's a wonderful thing to know
尽管我的路上障碍重重
that in spite of the many obstacles on my path,
美国有很大一批人支持我 说
a large, large cross-section of America is behind me saying,
有何不可
why not?
为何不能像
Why not dare to dream like
我之前很多人那样去梦想
so many others have dreamt before me?
我很激动 我感觉很好
So I'm very excited, and I feel fine.
你真认为您能走到底吗 奇泽姆太太
And do you really expect to go all the way, Mrs. Chisholm?
是的 我要走到底
Yes, I expect to go all the way.
民♥主♥党总统选举今天
A new hat, or rather a bonnet, was tossed
有人丢了一顶新帽子 女帽
剧集 | 美国夫人 | 导航列表