剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
No. Probably going to be fine.
不 可能不会有事的
Busy signals for users trying to log on,
想登录的用户显示信♥号♥♥忙
the customer-service calls spiking.
用户服务来电被打爆
Uh, throughput's at a crawl.
流量缓慢
We're not talking Chernobyl-style meltdown yet,
虽然不是切尔诺贝利规模的灾难
but we're in Three Mile Island
但得有三里岛
territory for suresies. Hold on. Hold on. Hold on.
那个规模 等等 等等
All because of the flat-fee model?
都是因为固定费率模式吗
I mean, are people really spending
人们真的会在网上
that much more time online?
多泡那么久吗
A lot of people just leave their computers logged on all day now.
许多人现在就开着电脑挂机一整天
Hey, Bug, do you mind waiting in my office for me?
亲爱的 你能去办公室等我吗
We got three dozen users
有好几十个用户
who've been on for more than twenty-four hours.
已在网上挂了超过一天
So kick 'em off.
那就强迫他们下线
We'd have to write new code to do that
那我们得写新代码来实现
and then get everyone to download a software patch.
而且还得让所有人下载软件补丁
Yeah. We need more capacity from MCI.
那我们需要世通提供更大带宽
Get me, uh... Get me Jon Volpi on the phone.
给我联♥系♥...乔恩·沃尔比
Uh, tried. Can't reach him.
打过了 联♥系♥不上
All right, well, get me Alan or Dave
那就打给艾伦 或者戴夫
or that Bobby Sobrato guy.
或者那个博比·苏巴洛
Uh, we tried them, too.
他们也都打过了
We can't get ahold of anybody at MCI.
世通那边一个人都联♥系♥不上
Where's Joe?
乔在哪
Uh, he never came in. We tried him, too.
他没来上班 我们也联♥系♥过他
It just keeps going to voicemail.
一直转语♥音♥留言
Look, just...
那就
Shep, we need to fix it fast, okay?
谢普 尽快想办法解决吧
AOL is breathing down our butts, you know.
美国在线追杀得正紧呢
And if we don't give our customers what they need,
如果我们不能满足用户的需要
they're gonna go somewhere else.
他们就会改去别家
Do you know how to work Excel?
你知道怎么用Excel吗
Yeah.
知道
Can you put these in a spreadsheet for me?
你能帮我把这些做成表格吗
It's really important.
真的很重要
Okay.
好吧
There's some quarters in the top drawer
最上面的抽屉有硬币
if you need anything from the vending machine.
需要什么的话就去售货机买♥♥
Okay? I'll be right back.
好吗 我去去就回
It just doesn't sound like Haley.
这不像是海莉会做的事
I was sure the school got her mixed up with Joanie.
是学校把她和琼妮弄混了吧
Yeah, no, I know.
并不是 我知道
I'm telling you, Donna, I don't know what's going on.
我跟你说 唐娜 我也不知道怎么回事
She's never been the crying type.
她从来不是爱哭的孩子啊
Yeah, I mean, it was that...
是啊 就是...
that... that really intense crying.
那种哭得很厉害的状态
Where you try and hold it in, but you can't,
你越是想憋住 就越憋不住
and, you know, then you just start going into convulsions.
到最后就哭得气都喘不过来
Ah, maybe she's just on her period.
没准她来月经了
No, Donna, this isn't menstrual crying.
不是 唐娜 月经哭可不是这样的
Trust me. I know menstrual crying.
相信我 我知道月经是怎么哭
Yeah. You know menstrual crying.
你还知道月经是怎么哭
Look, do you want me to talk to her?
要不要我和她谈谈
No.
不
No, I'll... I'll handle it.
算了 我来处理吧
Okay, well, good luck.
那好 祝你好运了
Saturday afternoon, nothing but ocean.
周六下午 一望无际的大海
Oh, Donna, it was Goddamn beautiful.
唐娜我跟你说 真是太美了
So, I took my little disco nap
所以我听着小曲睡着了
and I had a dream...
然后我做了个梦
That I was this... I was this big, fat...
我变成了一个 又大又胖的
...bald baby just sloshin' around a manatee's tummy,
没毛娃娃在海牛肚子上晃啊晃
just, "Whoosh, fworsh."
就这么摇过来 晃过去
But when I come to...
但是我一睁眼
...by God, the boat is pitchin' and it's yawin'
老天啊 我那船摇晃得天旋地转
and it's rollin' like a drunk donkey.
就跟头醉驴似的四处乱漂
Just a freak storm out of nowhere,
好大一场风暴突然就起来了
just a wall of black blocking my path back to the coast.
那黑云就像堵墙挡着我没法靠岸
I'm lost.
我算没辙了
And I'm thinking, "Turn out the lights. The party's over."
我就想 "关灯散伙吧 派对结束了"
Then I started to panic.
然后我就慌了
Then I started to S.O.S. like an S.O.B.,
然后我发疯似地发求救信♥号♥♥
and that's when these two eggheads just come cruising up.
然后这两个书呆子开着船就过来了
Unbelievable.
难以置信
See, these two have a custom GPS receiver on their boat.
原来他俩的船上装了定制的GPS接收器
That's the Global Positioning System.
那是全球定位系统
That is right, Donna, yeah.
没错 唐娜 就是那个
Turns out Fred and Bill are engineers.
原来弗雷德和比尔是工程师
They made AMD a lot of money
他们给AMD挣了好多钱
by making real expensive stuff real cheap.
把死贵的东西弄得超便宜
Not a bad skill set. Right.
这技能很有用 就是
So we had a few beers, and we get to talking.
所以我们喝了几杯 就开始聊
And what we thought was, why not take their idea
我们就想着 干嘛不把他们的点子
and scale it up?
推广做大呢
Make something a guy like me can buy off the rack?
做成像我这种人随处可以买♥♥到的东西
Uh, doesn't Garmin already do that?
佳明不是已经做出来了吗
Mm, yeah, but them and Magellan
是 但是他们和麦哲伦
got a stranglehold on the market,
垄断了市场
and, Donna, they charge up the wazoo.
而且 唐娜 他们定价贵得要死
We're talking about disrupting the price point,
我们想把价格点拉下来
bringing the costs way down.
大幅度降低成本
It's interesting.
有趣
And, hey, I... what a fascinating technology.
而且 这个技术真厉害
It is, yeah.
是啊
I'll look into it.
我会研究一下的
Fred... Yes.
弗雷德 是
Bill...
比尔
Nice meeting you.
幸会
Nice meeting you. Pleasure.
认识您也很荣幸 很荣幸
Yeah. Thank you.
是啊 谢谢
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Thanks, guys. Great. I'll see you in the lobby.
谢了 两位 大厅跟你们碰头
Okay. Beautiful. Okay.
好 很好
All right.
待会儿见
Yeah, we'll see you back there.
待会儿去找你们
Yeah. All right.
好 好的
All right.
好吧
Well, give it to me straight.
你就直说吧
I got to manage my expectations here.
我得看看我可以期待什么
Well, um, it's intriguing.
这个 很有趣
What are you looking for out of this, Bos?
你想在其中得到什么好处 博斯
I mean, do you really want to be the exec at a startup?
你真的想给创业公♥司♥当高管吗
I- I'm just looking for a finder's fee, you know?
我只是想拿些中介费
I like connecting people. And I like these guys.
我喜欢给人牵线搭桥 而且我喜欢这俩人
And just... I'm the market for this kind of thing.
而且 我就是这东西的目标群体啊
You know?
知道吗
There's a lot of other salty sailors out there just like me.
我这样的老水手还有不少呢
Okay. Well, you know, I'll look into it.
那好吧 那我研究一下
Again, uh, what a technology.
真的 这技术很棒
Well, thanks for having us in.
那多谢你见我们
Thanks. Nice.
那多谢了
Hey, you, me, and Diane are overdue for a dinner.
你 我和黛安早该一起吃顿饭了
We should do that soon.
最近找时间聚一聚吧
We should. Let's do.
好啊 聚吧
Let's do.
聚吧
Okay.
好吧
Okay, I found it.
好 我找到了
David was visited by an exact vision of death:
死的明确形象毫无征兆地突然展现在大卫眼前
a long hole in the ground, no wider than your body,
地上一个很深的洞 宽不过你的身体
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表