剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
How'd you get so good at this?
你怎么这么会玩这个
I got my hands on a prototype cartridge
我大概一年半前
about a year and a half ago.
就拿到卡带原型机了
Man, you really brought the Southwest in here,
你还真把西南部传统带到这儿来了
didn't you, Gordon?
不是吗 戈登
Easy.
少来
How much longer are you in town for?
你还要在城里待多久
I don't know.
不知道
But if you want to see the craziest thing,
但如果你想看到最疯狂的场面
you should swing by the focus-group testing for my new game.
就该去看看为我新游戏做测试的焦点小组
It's like "Altered States"
就跟《灵魂大搜索》里一样
but with market research instead of LSD.
但不是服了迷♥药♥而是在做市场调研
That damn game better be good.
那这游戏最好很好玩
Of course, right when I get a red shell.
不是吧 我刚得了一个红贝壳
Here.
给你
You tell me if it's good.
你看看好不好玩
"Pilgrim."
《朝圣者》
I'm glad you're doing so well, Gordon.
我很高兴你能这么成功 戈登
Thanks.
谢谢
Yeah.
是啊
I'm doing really, really great.
我♥干♥得真的真的很好
I mean, last night, I got to be a human paintbrush.
昨晚 我都成了人体画笔了
I saw that.
我看见了
You know, CalNect is... it's kicking ass.
卡奈特很有竞争力
Well, I'm sorry that Loadstar has to be the exception.
我很遗憾只有北极星没成
I... Come on.
我 得了
You know, if I'm being totally honest,
我说实话
as time wore on, the browser just became
随着时间推移 浏览器对于我
more of a side project for me.
更多是个附带项目
It's always been Joe's baby.
它一直是乔的宝贝
Joe.
乔
I saw him last night.
我昨晚见到他了
And?
然后呢
Oh, Gordon, it didn't go that well.
戈登 不是很愉快
Well, that's probably for the best.
那样或许也好
For who?
对于谁
For him.
对于他
Oh, shit!
该死
What?
怎么了
The girls haven't left yet.
孩子们还没走呢
Haley, Joanie! Come on! Let's go!
海莉 琼妮 来啊 走了
Gordon?
戈登
No, she never comes in. Don't worry.
不 她从不进来的 别担心
All right, well, um, I'll see you Wednesday.
好吧 那周三见了
Love you, too.
我也爱你
Joanie, let's go!
琼妮 快走
Gordon?
戈登
Uh, have you seen Mosaic?
你看到马赛克了吗
Yes.
看到了
I was surprised it wasn't you.
我很意外居然不是你的
She may have gotten into the...
她可能...
Dad.
爸爸
Get out here.
快走
Thanks for this.
多谢
Yeah.
嗯
Anytime.
不客气
She rarely comes in.
她很少进来的
As expected, the flat fee and unkept usage
不出所料 固定费率和检修消耗
dinged the overall revenue initially,
起初拉低了总体收入
but now we're in the volume business.
但现在我们交易大了
The user base just keeps going up.
用户群在不断扩大
Then this isn't a rebound. It's sustained growth.
那这就不是回弹 是可持续增长
That's good.
那很好
Only problem is the pipe's getting tight.
问题是 带宽不够用了
We're starting to clog a little bit with all that data.
数据量那么大 我们开始出现堵塞了
they're gonna want to renegotiate the sweetheart deal
会想重新就私下交易谈判
before they give us more bandwidth on their twisted pair network.
然后给我们更多他们双绞线网络的带宽
We could balk and try PacBell,
我们可以表现出犹豫 去跟太平洋贝尔联络
but at the end of the day,
但说到底
we'd want to keep our backbone provider happy, whoever they are.
我们得让我们的主干网供应商高兴 不管是谁
What do you think, Gordon?
你觉得呢 戈登
If MCI wants more money, fine.
如果世通想抬价 那可以
We've got it. Let's give it to them.
我们有钱 给他们好了
AOL's not the only one with deep pockets.
不是只有美国在线财力雄厚
Let's stay ahead of this.
我们要保持优势
Shep, get a call in.
谢普 去打电♥话♥
And, uh, Joe, thanks for sitting in today.
乔 谢谢你今天来
What is this?
这是什么
Loadstar.
北极星
Is that the finished browser?
是完成的浏览器吗
You've just been sitting on this?
你就一直拖着
Couldn't get around to handing it in?
没时间早点交过来吗
No. I finished it last night.
不是 我昨晚完成的
So, it was, what, a day of work?
怎么 一天就做好了
Joe, I've been working on this for weeks.
乔 我研究这个好几周了
You know, you didn't have to sit around and wait for me.
你并不需要干坐着等我的
If you were in such a rush,
你要是那么急
you could have hired somebody else to do the coding.
你另雇个人写代码就好了
You don't get it. I needed you.
你不懂 我需要你的
We needed you to care, and you didn't.
我们需要你在乎 可你不在乎
We had almost a year on the Mosaic guys,
我们原本比马赛克的人早开始近一年
but we blew it, and now...
但我们错过了机会 现在
If you had just been here, actually been available...
要是你在 真在这儿工作
Well, I couldn't be here. That was the deal.
我不能来这儿 情况就是这样
And it was a raw deal for me.
那对我很不公平
And it's just a shame.
而且太遗憾了
It's a shame that 5,000 miles away wasn't far enough.
很遗憾五千英里还是不够远
What is this about?
你究竟在气什么
Look, I made this better than it had any right to be,
我已经把这个做得比需要的好很多了
and I did so while dealing with a lot of my own stuff.
而且我同时还得处理好多我自己的事
Oh, right, your game.
是啊 你的游戏
I'm sure that was tough,
我相信你肯定很不容易
being funded, promoted, coddled.
有资金 受提拔 受宠爱
I've been alone on this,
我一直一个人
working by myself for three years.
在这上研究了三年
Do you want to talk about what we're really talking about?
你想谈谈我们真正在谈的事吗
If we had worked on this...
如果我们做这个了
together...
一起做
it could have been amazing.
本可以非常了不起的
What do you want me to do?
你想要我做什么
Nothing.
什么都不用
It's too late.
太迟了
And I, um, got to get back to work, so...
而且 我得继续工作了 那就...
You know, the way things are growing...
看现在的情况
you're gonna run out of Post-its pretty soon.
你很快就要没便贴可用了
Well, tell Oregon they're not a big enough market
告诉俄勒冈州 他们市场不够大
for Digital Subscriber investments.
不吸引数字用户投资
Let's get started.
我们开始吧
Well, first off, let me just say,
首先 容我说
on behalf of the Rover brain trust,
仅代表流浪者智囊团
it's great to see you again.
很高兴再次见到你
We're moving past the beta phase.
我们已结束了测试阶段
We are already underway in three med schools,
我们已在三个医学院起步
with requests for two more.
还有两家也提出了请求
A little more sobering, though,
但不那么可喜的是
is that we've gone through our seed round
我们比预期稍快了一点
just a hair faster than expected, and now...
耗尽了我们的种子基金 现在
Now you need more money.
现在你们需要更多钱
Well, yes.
是的
It's either that or we let some people go...
要么就得裁员
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表