剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
Little French Canadian there?
还是法属加拿大
Dutch.
荷兰
You're good to go.
你没问题了
Okay, but -- wh--
好吧 可是
When do you want me to come back?
我什么时候再回来
I don't.
不用回来
Well, not even for a look-see?
不用观察复诊什么的吗
I mean...don't you want to make sure I'm not blowing a gasket?
你不用确定我情绪稳定什么的吗
Nope.
不用
Something goes wrong, call.
觉得不舒服 就打电♥话♥
If doesn't, don't.
没不舒服的话 就不用
You're in good health, John.
你很健康 约翰
If you take care of yourself,
如果你好好保养
you'll live well into the 21st century.
没准能活到21世纪呢
21st century.
21世纪
Son of a...
真特么...
So then Marc Andreessen and Jim Clark
马克·安德雷森和吉姆·克拉克
fly out to Urbana Champaign,
飞到厄巴纳-香槟
gather all the Mosaic coders in a pizza joint,
把所有马赛克程序员叫来开餐会
and offer them $65,000 salaries,
给他们六万五的年薪
a-a week's vacation on his yacht in Tahiti,
乘他的游艇去大溪地度一周的假
and 100,000 shares of the company.
以及公♥司♥的十万股股份
And Clark tells them that if they leave NCSA
克拉克还告诉他们如果他们离开超算中心
and come work for him,
转而为他工作
they'll be worth $10 million in less than five years.
他们的公♥司♥五年之内就会市值破千万
So Jim Clark steals all the best coders
所以吉姆·克拉克把一家烂公♥司♥的
from a shitty company to go do something way better...
最好的程序员都偷来去做更好的事
Why does that sound familiar?
怎么听着这么耳熟呢
Anyway, my point is that they've all followed him
总之我是想说他们都跟他走了
out to Silicon Valley to build a browser,
来到了硅谷 做出了一款浏览器
and now Netscape is about to demolish Mosaic.
而现在网景就要碾压马赛克了
If we were to launch Comet inside Netscape,
如果我们要想在网景内置彗星
it'd be slow as hell, if it even loads correctly.
就算能正常载入 也会慢得要死
And if it doesn't, then Rover won't or any of our competitors.
如果不成的话 那流浪者和其他对手也不行
But if we can figure out a way
但如果我们能想出办法
to make Comet run smoothly on Netscape,
让彗星在网景上运行流畅
then all of their users will flock to us.
那所有的用户都会流向我们
But those guys created Mosaic.
但那些创造了马赛克的人
They already know how to make a browser that runs.
他们已经知道怎么制♥作♥能正常运行的浏览器
But they can't replicate what they've already done.
但他们不能复♥制♥他们自己的成果
The Mosaic code is intellectual property.
马赛克已经注册知识产权了
Like the BIOS.
就像BIOS一样
Yeah, like the BIOS.
是啊 就像BIOS
And they won't know how it works until it's out in the wild.
而只有投放市场后 他们才能知道效果如何
And -- And...they...
而且他们
They'll want to make Netscape better than Mosaic.
他们会希望使网景比马赛克更强
Joe...what are we doing here?
乔 你到底想说什么
You could've told me all of this in bed.
你完全可以在床上告诉我
The sound card's blown.
声卡坏了
Other than that, it runs perfectly.
除了这个 其他都很好
'Kay.
好吧
I need one more thing from you.
我还需要请你帮个忙
It's a quick job. When Netscape launches,
是个小忙 等网景发♥售♥之后
we pull apart the code so that Comet can load fast.
我们得拆分其代码 让彗星能更快地载入
And you're bribing me with Centipede?
所以你就拿《飞天蜈蚣》贿赂我
If we can pull this off, we'll have a -- a showpiece
如果我们能做成 那我们就有了一件展示品
to offer Jim Clark so he can promote his baby.
能让吉姆·克拉克用来强化他的作品
They will beg for us to be a part of their infrastructure.
他们会求我们成为他们架构的一部分
Okay.
好吧
We can't wait until Netscape launches. It's too late.
我们不能等网景上市 那样就太晚了
We have to optimize Comet
我们得优化彗星
so that it's running fast on Day One.
让它第一天就能高速运行
Which, if you want a showcase for Jim Clark...
如果你想给吉姆·克拉克展示
we need to start pulling apart the Netscape code today.
今天我们就得开始拆分网景的代码
But there's no way they're going to just give us a working copy.
但他们不可能给我们一份调试版拷贝
Oh, no, they won't.
没错
Let me make a call.
我去打个电♥话♥
I love you.
我爱你
What is that sound?
什么声音
It's Gordon's wristwatch.
是戈登的腕表
It would go off when he needed to take his medication.
他需要吃药时就会响
I don't know where the key to the office is.
我不知道办公室钥匙在哪
Okay.
好吧
I'll call a locksmith today.
我今天去找个锁匠
Do you want to play?
你想玩玩吗
Sure.
好啊
All right.
好
How, uh -- How was Seattle?
西雅图如何
Soggy.
湿漉漉的
Sorry about the ambush.
抱歉这样突然出现
I saw your car parked in the driveway,
我看到你的车停在车道上
and nobody answered when I rang the bell.
但没有人应门铃
How was it? Sending Joanie off?
你感觉如何 送琼妮走
You know, fine.
还好
Just hope she stays safe.
只希望她注意安全
How's Jennifer settling in at Stanford?
詹妮弗在斯坦福安顿下来了吗
Well, she was home the first weekend.
她第一个周末回家了一趟
Doing laundry, stealing food.
洗衣服 偷食吃
Yeah. Last year at this time,
嗯 去年这时
I couldn't bear the thought of her leaving for college.
我想都不忍♥去想她离家上大学
And now...I kinda wish she'd at least left the zip code.
而现在 我倒希望她能再走远点
Yeah, well...
好吧
So...we have news.
我们有个好消息
Kimberly is pregnant.
金柏莉怀孕了
Wh-- I-- Congratulations!
什么 恭喜
That's amazing.
太棒了
Yeah. No, but thanks.
对 也不是 但谢谢了
But the whole family wants to take a big trip to Ireland
但趁她还能坐飞机 我们全家想去
while she can still fly.
爱尔兰玩一趟
And John and I would like to do some traveling of our own --
约翰和我想自己出去玩玩
No, I know. You're ready to move on.
我明白 你准备迈向新生活了
Donna, I understand. It's been hard.
唐娜 我理解 你这段时间不容易
But it's been four months.
但已经过去四个月了
And I need to know what you're doing.
我需要知道你在做什么
I'm swimming.
我在游泳
We have greased the rails.
一切都已经搞定了
Managing partner is yours.
执行合伙人是你的了
Period.
没跑了
You said you wanted the summer to be with your girls.
你说想和女儿一起过夏天
I heard that. But the summer is over, Donna.
我理解 但是夏天已经过完了 唐娜
The longer you wait, the harder it's gonna get.
你等得越久 就越难
Trip and his stooges are strutting through that office every day
崔普和他的手下每天在办公室耀武扬威
thinking they can run it better than you.
觉着自己能比你做得好
They think you're getting soft.
他们觉得你怂了
Look, if you don't want this, it's okay.
如果你不想干 没关系
We can have that conversation.
我们可以谈那个
But you need to make a decision.
但你要做个决定
Okay, well...
好吧
give it some thought,
好好想想
and let me know.
决定了告诉我
You got to be kiddin' me.
你一定是在逗我
Whaaat?
不会吧
You're home later than I thought.
你回来得比我想的晚
How was the trip?
旅途如何
It was good.
挺好的
Sorry, I stopped to see Donna on the way home from the airport.
抱歉 我下飞机回家的路上顺道去看了下唐娜
Well, so what's the verdict?
所以结论如何
We gonna sprout wings and see the world
我们要展翅高飞去看世界
or is she gonna float in that swimming pool forever?
还是她准备在那个游泳池里漂一辈子
You know, I don't know.
我不知道
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表