剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
interns, mostly.
主要是实习生
But this is still enterprise software,
但这仍是企业软件
B2B currently focused only on medical records.
企业对企业 目前只针对医疗记录
Yes, through binary queries into the data pool,
是的 用二进制查询进入数据库
but we're refining comparisons to make things more versatile.
但我们在进行改善 以期实现更多同类应用
Okay, I'll just cut to the chase here.
好吧 我直说了
I've given you enough funding for a medical database program.
我给你们的资金够你们做医疗数据库项目了
If you want more funding, I will need a bigger idea.
如果你们想要更多资金 我需要更大的点子
Let's talk again in 24 hours.
24小时后我们再谈吧
Uh, that's a mighty quick turnaround.
这也太快了吧
Yes. Yes, it is.
是啊
Gordon.
戈登
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.
等等 等等
What's up?
怎么了
I've got something.
我有想法
We can still be the door.
我们还可以做那扇门
Maybe it's not a browser. In fact, it shouldn't be.
或许不是个浏览器 事实上 不该是
We're gonna build a website that is accessible from any browser.
我们要建个网站 任何浏览器都可以登录
Like a... Like a website of websites,
就像一个网站的网站
an index of everything, like a directory.
一个收录一切的索引 名录
What, like the Yellow Pages?
怎么 像黄页吗
Yes, but more than that.
对 但不止如此
I don't have the full thing yet, but...
我还没想透彻 但是
Look, Joe.
乔
Joe, let me stop you right there.
乔 你先打住吧
I thought you were back on the business,
我以为你回来做正事了
our business, this business.
我们的正事 这个生意
When are you gonna wake up?
你什么时候才能醒过来啊
What? You're sleepwalking.
什么 你在梦游
I mean, what the hell was that party, Gordon?
那个派对算什么 戈登
I wanted to celebrate our success.
我想庆祝我们的成功
You're trying to convince yourself
你是想说服自己
that it's okay to stop when every fiber of your being
你可以停下 虽然你的一切直觉
is telling yourself to keep going.
都在让你继续
I've been telling you for years that you are a builder.
我这么多年一直跟你说 你是个建造者
You need to build.
你得建造
You know what, Joe? I built this.
知道吗 乔 我建造了这个
I built all of this when you were downstairs in the basement
我建造了这一切 而你在楼下的地下室里
screwing around with Post-it notes.
玩便贴
Did Cameron put you up to this?
是卡梅伦让你说这些的吗
I noticed that she stopped by today.
我看到她今天来过了
Of course she did.
当然是她
Look, all we're asking is that you
听着 我们只是希望你
put the game's controls in the manual.
把游戏操作写入手册
No. That's it.
不行 就是这样
No, the worst thing you can do with a magic trick
不 对于魔术 最糟的
is explain how it works.
就是解释其原理
No matter how much the audience asks,
不管观众如何要求
it's so much more rewarding
让他们自己去发现
if they get to discover it for themselves.
效果会好得多
You have to respect the player.
你得尊重玩家
So?
怎么样
It's a trip, huh?
是个精彩的旅程吧
Cameron, what are you doing here?
卡梅伦 你来这儿干什么
I told you. I have to promote the game.
我说了 我得推广游戏
No, I mean, what are you doing here?
不 我是问你究竟来干吗
This shit was all behind us.
这些破事本来都放下了
The browser?
浏览器吗
Joe.
乔
You have no idea how hard he's worked
你根本不知道 他花了多大力气
to get back to where he is... how hard I've worked.
才回到他现在的状态 我又付出了多少
And now, all of a sudden, you know,
现在 突然
you feel guilty about no-showing on Loadstar.
你对没拿出北极星感到歉疚
You come back into his life and you got him spinning.
你回到了他的生活中 让他又开始发狂了
I didn't do anything. Look, you spent five minutes with him
我什么都没做 你跟他在地下室
in the basement, and now he's convinced
谈了五分钟 现在他就坚信
that you've handed him fire from the mountaintop.
你从山顶取了圣火给他
Look, I'm not saying that you're doing this on purpose,
我不是说你是有意的
but every single time that you come back into his life...
但每次你回到他的生活中
I owed him that work.
那东西是我欠他的
I owed both of you.
欠你们俩的
You know, yesterday you asked me if you were cruel.
昨天 你问我 你是不是残忍♥
Sorry. We only have the room until 10:00.
抱歉 这个房♥间我们只能用到10点
It was great to see you, Gordon.
见到你很高兴 戈登
Yeah. I mean, isn't that why God created hangovers...
是啊 上帝为何要创造宿醉
teach teenagers not to drink so much?
不就是为了教青少年别喝那么多吗
Drinking is one thing.
不单是喝酒的事
Okay, well, it's better off at home with one of us
至少在家里喝 有家长看着
than somewhere else, right?
总好过在外面喝 是吧
Gordon, it's fine.
戈登 没事的
She told you she's not going to college yet,
她跟你说她不去大学了吗
or is she still just torturing me with that one?
还是这话依然只是用来折磨我的
It's a positive that our daughter has such a free spirit.
我们的女儿思想这么自♥由♥也是好事
Well, Joanie is certainly resourceful.
琼妮绝对是够机灵
You wouldn't believe the variety of household items...
你不会相信她都用了多少家居用品
fruit, even...
甚至用水果
she's found a way to smoke pot out of.
来抽大♥麻♥
Well, there's your selling point right there.
这就是个卖♥♥点了
She'd love Berkeley.
她会喜欢伯克利的
I'll talk to her.
我会跟她谈的
Thank you.
谢谢
It was weird to see Cameron the other day,
前两天看到卡梅伦感觉好怪
especially in your sweatpants.
还穿着你的运动裤
Oh, well, you know,
你知道的
she's always had a major, major thing for me.
她一直超级喜欢我的
No.
才不会
Yeah, well, I liked that you thought
我喜欢你觉得
it was even a possibility.
还有这种可能性
You know what she said to me about Mosaic?
你知道关于马赛克她对我说了什么吗
She said, "I was surprised it wasn't you."
她说 "我很意外居然不是你的"
What is that supposed to mean?
那是什么意思
I don't know.
我不知道
Her latest visit's got Joe jumping up and down
她最近的来访让乔对一个新点子
about some new idea. Of course.
激动得上蹿下跳 当然了
Yeah, I mean, he suddenly thinks
他突然觉得
he should index every website in existence.
他该为所有现存的网站做个索引
How would you even do that?
那要怎么做到啊
Trust me, he's been meticulously building a list of URLs...
相信我 他这三年来一直在一丝不苟地
by hand... for the last three years.
徒手建立一个网址清单
That sounds awfully tedious.
听上去好乏味啊
Yeah, well, you know.
是啊
Joe... dog with a bone.
乔嘛 咬住不放的人
That he is.
是啊
And Cameron loves to shit out rainbows
而卡梅伦喜欢喷彩虹出来
to distract from her asshole behavior.
好让人不去在意她的混♥蛋♥行为
I'm gonna do the salmon. You?
我想要鲑鱼 你呢
Sounds good. I'll do the same.
不错 我也要一样的吧
Here's to Mosaic...
敬马赛克
and the respective death of our competing browsers.
以及我们各自对手浏览器的死亡
Good news. We nailed it.
好消息 我们做到了
Magazines.
杂♥志♥
We use the algorithm to index back catalogs
我们用算法做大型出版物
of major publications one magazine at a time.
历史目录的索引 一本本地做
Voilà... a trove of text documents
好了 这些文本文件
with an unstructured data problem
有一个非结构化数据问题
just waiting to be solved.
正等着人来解决
No, that's not it.
不 那个不行
We also discussed legal service...
我们还讨论了法律服务
backlogs of briefs and precedents.
案件和先例的历史档案
Well, we... Look, this is all dead data.
我们... 这些都是积压数据
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表