剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
a lot of mutual respect,
我们彼此都非常尊重对方
but there have been times in my career
但在我的职业生涯中也遇到过
where my choices were not as respected.
我的选择不被尊重的情况
W-- Okay.
好了
If there aren't, uh, any more questions,
如果没有其它问题的话
I think that about does it for us.
我们今天就到这里
thank you all for coming.
感谢诸位的光临
thanks to our guests, Tommy and --
感谢我们的嘉宾 汤米和
I have a question for Ms. Howe.
我有个问题想问豪伊女士
Hello, Donna.
你好 唐娜
I was hoping you could talk a bit about
你能否谈一下
the relationship between a creator, such as yourself,
你作为创作者
and the business side of gaming.
和游戏经营方的关系
You seemed to indicate earlier
你之前似乎提到了
that there was some difficulty for you there,
你在这方面有一些困难
and I was wondering if you felt
我想请问
you had any culpability in that.
你是否觉得自身有什么责任
Well, it's inherently a fraught relationship, right?
这本身就是种纠结的关系
How so?
怎么说
Well, in that we have the ability
我们有能力
to create something out of nothing,
从无到有地进行创造
and that can be threatening to people on the business side
而这可能威胁到经营方
because... they can't.
因为 他们没有这个能力
Well, in my experience --
就我的经验而言
and, granted, I'm not the one up there onstage
当然 我不足以成为台上
at the Menlo Internet Strategy Conference...
门罗互联网战略会议的一员
...but in my experience, someone on the business side
但以我的经验 经营方的人
could help shepherd a project that's meandering or...
能够对处于徘徊期或者方向不正确的项目
headed off a cliff.
进行引导
Could be an ally, no?
可以是一个好帮手 不是吗
Seems like that relationship should be symbiotic.
所以其实应该是一种共生关系
I would say it's parasitic.
我觉得是寄生关系
There's little regard for the wellbeing of the host
宿主的健康与否不重要
because a parasite can always scuttle away,
因为寄生虫总能撤走
on to the next warm body.
去找下一个目标
Ok-Okay.
好的
I think that does it. We are, uh -- We're out of time.
就到这里了 我们时间有限
Thank you all for coming.
感谢各位的光临
Thank you for your questions,
感谢大家的提问
and I hope we get a chance to meet some of you outside.
希望有机会在外面见到大家
Well, yes, I'm going to make the monthly.
是的 我要按月支付
I-I'm at the mercy of the pay schedule here.
每月就发这点工资
It's a consultant position.
我只是个顾问
How was Fine. It was fine.
怎么样 不错
Yes. Do we have an update?
是的 有什么进展
The algorithm is continuing to pick up new pages.
算法在持续抓取新网页
It's effectively charting the web.
正在有效地记录网络
Okay.
好的
We're only searching URLs and page headings but --
我们只能搜索网址和网页标题 但是
Why can't we search the body of the page?
为什么不能搜索网页内容
That's the ultimate goal, of course.
这当然是最终的目标
We're just not quite there yet. It's too much data.
但我们还没达到那一步 数据量太大了
W-With -- With current bandwidth,
以现有的带宽
everything just grinds to a halt.
会让一切陷入停滞
How effectively can we search titles?
我们的标题搜索效率如何
Very effectively,
效率很高
but the title doesn't always correspond
但是标题不总是
with, um, what's on the site,
和网页内容相符
so the results are...
所以搜索结果
You keep giving me bad news with a smile on your face.
你一直在笑嘻嘻地告诉我坏消息
Do you know that you're doing that?
你自己知道吗
You guys are invested in this, right?
你们有全力投入吧
Well, they have been up all night working on it.
他们在熬夜做
And what do you have to show for it?
那你们有什么成果值得展示
Let's search "president".
搜索下"总统"
No Clinton.
没有克♥林♥顿♥
What I see are generic president results.
我看到的只有包含总统这个单词的结果
My guess is that somewhere buried among them
估计在这堆结果下面
are results about the current leader of the free world,
是关于现任自♥由♥世界领袖的条目
which is what I assume people are looking for
我想人们输入"总统"时
when they type in "president."
应该就是想找那个
What we need is a sophisticated rules engine in place.
我们需要一个复杂的规则引擎
What I see is no rules engine at all.
而现在完全没有
You do know I used to be an engineer, right?
你们知道我以前是个工程师吧
They don't know what's expected of them
他们并不知道该做什么
unless you tell them.
除非你们告诉他们
I am counting on you to make it clear
我指望你们让他们明白
just how little time they have to get this right.
他们有多短的时间把这个做好
Okay?
好吗
Okay.
好了
Oh, yeah. Cool.
嗯 好
Okay. Pull it up, let's take a look.
好 调出来 我们看看
I changed the header.
我改了名字
Oh, yeah. I like that. It's Comet.
嗯 我喜欢 彗星
It sounds like vomit.
听上去像呕吐
Don't listen to her.
别听她的
It conveys speed, a sense of wonder.
能表达出一种速度感 一种奇妙感
What is this? It's Joe and Haley
这是什么 乔和海莉
are working on Haley's website project.
在做海莉的网站项目
It's replacing my independent-study credit.
用来代替我的自主学习学分
What? She gets to miss school for this?
什么 她可以为此不去上学吗
I want to miss school.
我也想不上学
You do miss school,
你是不上学
you just don't tell anyone about it.
但你不跟人说
Hardy-har-har.
呵呵
You know, I think it would be helpful
我觉得 我们可以
if, like, we started out with a bunch of categories,
最先设定一些分类
and then... But we don't want to make it seem dry, you know?
然后 我们不能让它显得枯燥
We don't want to make it feel like
不能让人觉得
anyone could have organized this.
这是谁都能整理出来的
Right. Yeah, it's a dumb idea.
是啊 这点子太蠢了
No, no, what's so great about what you've done
不不 你所做的的优秀之处
is its personal touch,
在于其亲力亲为的感觉
the feeling that there is a person on the other side,
感觉好像有人在另一端
creating this experience for you.
为你制♥造♥这一体验
Mom know about this?
妈妈知道吗
No, she does not yet,
不 她还不知道
but I will be the one to give her that information,
但我会来把这事告诉她
thank you very much.
谢谢了
Can I watch?
我能看吗
Why don't we go, uh,
我们要不要
caving in upstate New York, you know, spelunking?
去纽约州北做洞穴探险
You're literally shouting nonsense.
你在说胡话呢
I got all this stuff, you know,
我有一堆资料
and -- and I've got time now.
现在又有时间了
We should go on an adventure.
我们该去冒险
I don't want to go to a cave.
我不想去山洞
Well, look, Haley...
那海莉呢
...spelunking?
洞穴探险
You remember that project you did about stalactites?
记得你做的那个关于钟乳石的项目吗
I'm cool wit whatever you want, Dad.
你想做什么我都行 爸爸
Oh, that T-shirt. That's wild,
那件T恤衫 好酷
I was listening to Ritual on the way over here.
我来的路上还在听仪式乐队
Please don't try.
别费劲了
Wh-What about fly-fishing in Jackson Hole?
去杰克逊霍尔飞钓呢
Someone just sent me a new link to put in our index.
有人刚给我发了新链接加入我们的索引
It's, um, Smuth-ut.
是...色青屋
You know, Joanie, we could actually use your input here.
琼妮 我们其实需要你的意见
What would make a website seem, you know, cool to you?
什么样的网站会让你觉得很酷
Well, I think it's pretty cool
我觉得酷的是
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表