剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
Bye.
再见
What the hell...?
这是什么...
All right, just relax.
好了 放松
Clear your mind.
清空思绪
Coward.
怂包
Okay, uh, the first thing that I think of
说到"互联网"
when I hear "Internet" is...
我首先想到的是...
A computer?
电脑
A computer.
电脑
And porn. Porn.
还有毛♥片♥ 毛♥片♥
Porn? Lots of porn.
毛♥片♥ 一堆毛♥片♥
I put in a request to be on the team that catalogues porn.
我想加入给毛♥片♥分类的团队
Beep, beep, beep...
哔 哔 哔
Gordon Clark.
戈登·克拉克
Hey, it's me.
是我
I'm sorry this is so last second,
抱歉通知得这么晚
but can we reschedule dinner?
但晚饭能改期吗
Yeah, no problem.
没问题
N-Nothing to report anyway.
反正也没有什么要报告的
Well, actually, there is.
其实有
I got a phone call from Haley's guidance counselor.
海莉的辅♥导♥老师打电♥话♥给我了
She's flunking history and bio.
她历史和生物都要挂科了
Our Haley?
我们的女儿海莉吗
Yeah, she hasn't turned in some assignments,
是 她有些作业没交
and apparently she bombed the last couple tests...
最近几次考试也都挂了
I don't get it, she was doing so great...
我不明白 她成绩那么好
Well, maybe she's just trying to do too much.
可能她就是分身乏术
Come on, Donna. She loves Comet.
别这样 唐娜 她那么喜欢彗星
I know she loves it, but I think she needs a break.
我知道她很喜欢 但我觉得她该缓缓
I'm afraid she's putting work above everything else.
我担心她把工作放在首位了
Well, I wonder where she gets that from.
也不知道是跟谁学的
Excuse me. I always put the girls before work.
你在开玩笑吧 我总是把孩子放在工作前面
And if you need me to talk to Haley
如果你想让我去和海莉谈
because you can't handle it, then --
因为你自己搞不定 那...
I-I -- I'm sorry, all right?
我很抱歉 好吗
I just...
我只是...
I don't want to be the bad guy here.
我不想唱黑脸
And I do?
你以为我想吗
Okay, I'll talk to her.
好吧 我会和她谈的
Thank you, Gordon.
谢谢 戈登
Whassup?
怎么了
Uh, it's a nice place.
这地方不错
It's...charming. Yeah, thanks for stopping. I was staved.
很有趣 感谢你停车 我都饿坏了
So...favorite site?
你最喜欢的网站是什么
God, I can't pick just one -- That's too hard!
天哪 没法选 太难选了
What did everyone else say?
其他人都选什么
Well, one person's favorite site
有个人最喜欢的网站
was a purple screen.
是全紫的屏幕
Just that -- a purple screen.
就那么简单 紫屏
Melissa, right?
是梅莉莎吧
She's obsessed.
她沉迷于此
And someone else recommended
还有人推荐了
"Strawberry Pop Tart Blowtorches."
"草莓馅饼喷灯"
Oh, yeah, Arnie found that one!
对 是阿尼发现的
We spent an entire day setting Pop-Tarts on fire.
我们一整天都在给馅饼点火
I think we destroyed like three toasters.
我们大概弄坏了三个烤面包机
That's impressive.
真厉害
But I'm not sure how any of these
但我不知道这些东西
are gonna get the average person online.
怎么吸引普通人
Why not? They got me online.
为什么不能呢 我就是这样开始上网的
How so?
怎么会
Well, when I first looked at the Internet --
我刚开始浏览互联网的时候
Remember your Post-its? --
还记得你的便条吗
I thought it was pretty boring.
我那时觉得很无聊
It was nothing but databases and archives...
就是一堆数据库和文档
But then I found all this other stuff --
但后来我就发现了一些其他的东西
like this kid, Justin, who's writing about his life.
比如有个孩子 贾斯汀 会写生活日记
And this other girl
还有一个女孩
who was obsessed with "I Love Lucy"...
痴迷于《我爱露西》...
And what about that was so appealing?
这些东西吸引人的地方在哪里
I don't know.
我也不知道
School was not good.
上学很没劲
I mean, no one was torturing me or anything like that,
倒不是有人欺负我什么的
but it's just, like, everyone's always pretending,
只是 大家都在装
you know?
懂吗
That's why the Web's so great, 'cause no one pretends.
所以互联网才很棒 因为没人假装
You just put it out there, who you really are.
你会展现真实的自己
And if people respond to it, that's great.
如果有人回应 那很好
But if not, who cares?
但即使没有 又如何
At least they saw you
至少他们看到的是你
and not just some projection, you know?
不是一个投影
Yeah.
嗯
You guys working?
你们在工作吗
Yeah. Hi, Vanessa.
是啊 你好 凡妮莎
This is my boss, Joe MacMillan.
这是我老板 乔·麦克米伦
Actually, cofounder.
其实 是联合创始人
Cool.
厉害
I'm totally addicted to IUMA, by the way.
我超级喜欢互联网地下音乐档案
Their indie rock section's, like, incredible --
他们的独♥立♥摇滚版块 太棒了
I know. It's like who needs Sub Pop?
是啊 谁还需要地下流行乐
Did you find that Julep compilation?
你找到冰薄荷酒的那版编曲了吗
The one with the Bratmobile song?
就是混音了幼童车歌♥曲的那个
Yes!
嗯
"Let's talk about...
我们谈谈...
dogs." Dogs.
狗吧 狗
Yeah. Yeah.
是啊 是啊
The Heavens to Betsy song's, like, hella cool, too.
贝茜天堂的歌♥也太酷了
Yeah.
是啊
I better get back to work, but I'll see you later.
我得回去上班了 但回见了
Yeah. For sure.
好啊
Cool.
好
She seems cool.
她挺不错
What were we talking about again?
我们刚刚说什么来着
So on the Internet...
在互联网上
you think you can be who you really are?
你觉得你可以做真实的自己
With Rover we cannot only count the number of users,
流浪者不仅能计算用户数量
we can track what they click on, how long they look at it --
还能追踪他们的浏览和浏览时间
I mean, it's an advertiser's dream.
这是广♥告♥人的美梦
So, it is about selling.
那么是推销咯
No, it's
不...
It's about change.
重点是改变
At Rover, you could be part
在流浪者 你可以加入
of a universal, decentralized platform
一个全球化的分散的平台
that's already changing the world.
而且它已经在改变世界了
Look. You could join Microsoft
你可以加入微软
and let them tell you what the future will be.
让他们来给你定义未来
Or you could join us and tell them.
你也可以加入我们 自己定义未来
I accepted the Microsoft offer this morning.
我今早已经接受微软的邀约了
I only kept this meeting because, well, growing up,
我没有推掉会面是因为 我小时候
I was a huge fan of Mutiny --
是穆特尼的大粉丝
really Community.
准确说是社区
I-I made friends,
我结交了朋友
and I traded bootlegs
还交易了商品
and bought and sold computer parts.
买♥♥卖♥♥电脑部件
It was a lifesaver, really.
那挽救了我 真的
And I, uh...
我
Well, I guess I just wanted to thank you.
我猜我就是想谢谢你
That's really nice to hear, but I
我很高兴
I was really hoping this would work out.
但我真心希望能成的
Can I ask you a question?
我能问你个问题吗
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表