剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
So you were a photography archivist at Chicago Art Institute.
你是芝加哥艺术馆的照片归档员
Th-That sounds cool.
听起来很厉害
Hypothermic, actually,
其实那里太冷
I survived exactly one winter.
我只待了一个冬天
I'm a California girl.
我是加州姑娘
But not in the David Lee Roth kind of way.
但不是大卫·李·罗斯那种风格的
Can you, uh... can you give us an example of your methodology?
你能举例说明你的工作方法吗
For instance,
比如说
how do you organize your CDs?
你怎么整理你的唱片
Well, my, um...
这个嘛 我
my brother is really into metal,
我弟弟很喜欢重金属
and I helped him manage his collection.
所以我帮他整理唱片库
I put all of the death metal CDs on one shelf,
我把所有的死亡金属唱片放在一个架子上
from the simple bands like Obituary and Cannibal Corpse
死亡讣告和食人尸这类乐队
on the left, to melodic and technical death in the middle,
放最左 然后旋死和技术死放中间
followed by death/black
然后是死亡/黑金
and grind/death and death crossovers,
碾核/死亡等交叉风格
and then I put the industrial death,
然后我把工业死
folk death, and barely-death, uh, at the end.
民谣死和几乎不算死之类的放在最后
And... And then, the next shelf was for black metal,
然后 另一个架子专门放黑金属
through the whole Norwegian scene,
从挪威黑金属
like Mayhem and Burzum,
像Mayhem和Burzum
through the un-black
再到不黑
and then the not-really-black-but-sorta-fits,
再到其实不黑但风格挺像黑的那种
like Cradle of Filth.
比如恶灵天♥皇♥
And... Oh, do...
另外还有
do you want me to keep going?
要我继续说下去吗
The-There's Raunchy Power...
还有邋遢力量
No, that's perfect.
不 已经很好了
Raunchy Power? Most people just alphabetize.
邋遢力量 一般人只是按首字母排列
You sure this was your brother's collection?
你确定是你弟弟的唱片库吗
Okay, one final thing...
好吧 最后一个问题
How would you list a website
一个关于"barks"[多义词]的网站
about "barks"?
你怎么归类
Depends if you mean dog noise, tree layer,
看你是什么意思了 是狗吠 树皮
root beer... that's Barq's with a "Q"...
还是根汁汽水 拼写不太一样
or boat.
还是船
Wait. "B-Bark" Is a boat?
等等 还有船的意思吗
technically, it's a sailing ship with three or more masts.
严格来讲是一种三桅帆船[barque]
We don't even know the answer to our own trick question.
我们都不知道自己出的难题的答案
Dr. Katie Herman, you are officially hired
凯蒂·赫曼博士 你被录用了
as Comet's Chief Ontologist.
你是彗星的首席本体论专家
Perfect.
完美
Let's introduce you to the obsessives.
来给你介绍一下各种"迷"吧
Or, as we like to call them...
或者 我们喊他们
the surfers.
冲浪者
Every day, we receive hundreds of e-mails
我们每天都能收到上百封邮件
from people asking us to add their websites to our index.
要求我们把他们的网站加入索引
Plus, we're constantly on the look-out
而且 我们也在不停地寻找
for new sites to catalogue.
新网站加入分类
When a surfer finds a site, they categorize it
当冲浪者找到一个网站 会把网站分类
and add it to Comet's master list.
加入彗星网的总列表
Each group is responsible for growing the index
每个小组都要添加索引条目
and writing descriptions for the top five sites in each category.
并为每一门类下前五的网站写简介
Yeah, but the problem is,
是的 但问题是
is that we started out with five main topics.
我们一开始只有五大主题
As new sites pop up, you know,
随着新网站出现
categorizing them becomes more and more...complicated.
给他们分类变得越来越复杂
Yeah, there's an ontological term for that. Yeah "Shitshow."
本体论中有一个专门的术语 一团乱
All right, let's start with Entertainment.
好吧 先介绍一下娱乐
This is Reggie from Le Video --
这是视频的雷吉
He, uh, impressed Joe
他凭他对法国新浪潮
with his vast knowledge of French New Wave
和约翰·坎迪的如数家珍
as well as the canon of John Candy. Yeah.
折服了乔 是的
Did you know that he played Cliff Murdoch,
你知道他饰演过克里夫·默多克吗
the Announcer in "Rookie of the Year"
《年度新秀奖》里的主持人
uncredited? Really?
没被列入演职员表 真的吗
Yeah. That's amazing.
是的 厉害
Really cool, Reggie. Take care, all right?
太酷了 雷吉 回见了
See, enthusiasm feeds them. Yeah.
你看 热情让他们情绪高涨 嗯
So this is Lorraine and Po,
这两位是洛林和波
from Tower Records and City Lights, respectively.
分别来自淘儿唱片和城市之光
Where is your comedy geek?
你们的喜剧达人呢
That section rocks. Good choice.
那个板块棒极了 选得好
That is actually my daughter Haley,
那其实是我女儿 海莉
who's part of the team. When she's not at school.
她也是我们的成员 她不上学的时候来
And regional's over here. Okay.
本地网站在这边 好的
You need a restaurant recommendation?
需要餐厅推荐的话
These are your guys.
找这几个小伙儿准没错
Not just guys.
不光是小伙儿啊
Risa. We met on a bus.
瑞莎 我们在公交车上认识的
She launched into a list of restaurant ratings
她发了一个餐厅排名列表
that would put Zagat's to shame.
能让扎格调查自惭形秽
FYI, Zagat's has a new website,
顺便一提 查格调查出了新网站
but the Biz team scooped us --
但被商务队抢去了
Zagat's is big business,
查格调查是大企业
it's international, not regional.
是国际的 不是本地的
That's Macky from Gold's Gym.
那是金牌健身俱乐部的麦基
You wouldn't believe it, but this guy's got an MBA.
你不会相信的 但他有工商管理学硕士学位
Marketing honcho.
市场部老大
I told Gold's to launch a website --
是我让金牌开网站的
And when they finally did --
当他们终于采纳了这建议
we scooped it up from regional.
我们就从本地手里抢走了它
Guys. Well, you could crossreference it.
各位 你们可以互相引用
Yes. Do that. So, you see our quandary.
没错 就这样 你理解我们的窘境了
Business, Sports...
商业 体育
I'm with ya. This is our head coder. Ted.
理解 这是我们的首席程序员泰德
He manages the whole site for us.
整个网站都是他管理的
Sorry to interrupt,
抱歉打扰了
you have a call from Michael Houseman at AOL.
美国在线的麦克·豪斯曼找你
Perfect. Feel free to, uh...
完美 你可以随意...
I'm just Yeah, I got it... work your magic.
我可以 明白 发挥特长
I got it covered, yeah.
交给我了 好的
Mike. Mike, it's Gordon.
麦克 麦克 我是戈登
If you're calling to bust my balls about CalNect,
如果你来电是为卡奈特的事骂我
you're a little bit late,
那可来不及了
they've already been busted into oblivion.
它早已被遗忘了
I'm sorry to hear that.
真遗憾
I wanted to let you know -- AOL is in the market for a search play.
我是想跟你说 美国在线在考虑开♥发♥搜索
We're listening.
继续说
Frankly, we're impressed by what you've got going on
老实说 你们彗星的成就
over there at Comet.
让人佩服
Smart, lean.
巧妙 简练
I don't want to be too forward,
我不想冒犯
but are you guys entertaining acquisition offers?
不过你们对收♥购♥有意向吗
God, they've added editorial descriptions.
天哪 他们添加了简介
Jeez Louise, that was fast...
老天爷啊 好快
How're they doing their algorithm?
他们的算法是怎么做的
It's not an algorithm, it's people.
不是算法 是人做的
Well, why can't we do that?
我们为什么不行
Give me Series A,
给我首轮融♥资♥
I'll hire 40 grunts to write blurbs.
我就雇四十个写手写广♥告♥
We're not ready for Series A.
我们还没到首轮融♥资♥的时候
Don't jump the gun.
不要着急
You sure you need more of that?
你确定还要喝吗
It's the only thing keeping me alive.
我就靠这个活了
Isn't it a weird coincidence that we launched
我们的网站和唐娜前夫的彗星
just as Donna's ex-husband unveiled Comet?
在同一时间发布 你不觉得太巧了吗
Search was in the ether.
大家都在搞搜索
We don't even know how much they talk to each other.
我们都不知道他们现在关系如何
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表