剧集 | 日常谜团 | 导航列表
既然你们已经专心在听了 我就开始了
And now that I have your attention, I'll begin.
欢迎
Welcome.
你们也知道
As you know,
这部剧叫做《日常谜团》
this entertainment is called "Dispatches From Elsewhere"...
我保证 随着故事慢慢发展
a title that I assure you will have more relevance
你们会觉得这个标题愈发贴切
as the story progresses.
除非这是你们第一次看限定剧
Unless this is your first experience with a limited-run episodic,
虽然我们的记录显示并非如此
which our records indicate it is not,
那你们就会知道 传统的叙事习惯
then you're aware of the storytelling convention
会要求制片人们
which dictates that the filmmakers
花很多不必要的时间
spend an unnecessary amount of time
来向你介绍主角
to introduce you to our protagonist,
他的职业 他生活的细节
his occupation, the particularities of his life,
还有最重要的
and, most importantly,
阻挡他追寻幸福的障碍
the obstacles which stand in the way of his happiness.
朋友们 作为我的诸多赠礼之一 首先
As the first of my many gifts to you, my friends,
我建议我们跳过这个惯例
I propose we skip this convention
直接进入你们想看的部分 也就是故事本身
and get on with what you came here for... the story.
我可以节省你们20分钟的生命
I propose I return to you 20 minutes of your life
通过把这个标准的介绍流程
by reducing the standard introduction
缩减成两分钟
to a mere two minutes.
这是彼得
This is Peter.
把他想象成你们自己
Think of him as you.
如果你们独居
He is you if you lived alone
并且每个工作日都要被苹果默认的闹铃吵醒的话
and woke every weekday to your iPhone alarm,
那他就是你们
still set to the default chime "radar".
如果你们每天早晨都步行上班 那彼得就是你们
Peter is you if you walked to work in the morning,
这事他谈不上喜欢 也谈不上不喜欢
which he neither enjoys nor does not enjoy.
他从不和路遇的行人有眼神交流
He never makes eye contact with his fellows
他也假设那些行人
and assumes his fellows
也从不与其他行人有眼神交流
never make eye contact with their fellows, either.
如果你们有一份稳定的工作
Peter is you if you worked a reliable job
并且在一家每月能让用户畅享两百多万首歌♥曲
at a company which offers on-demand listening
但会员费却不高的公♥司♥上班
of over two millions songs
那彼得就是你们
for a modest monthly fee.
另外 这家公♥司♥的创新算法
In addition, the company's innovative algorithm
能根据你们先前的播放记录
conveniently informs you of songs you will enjoy
因为你听过... 所以你可能会喜欢...
方便地推送你们可能喜欢的歌♥曲
based on your prior listening history,
为你们省去了不愉快
saving you the hassle of unpleasant
且不必要的搜歌♥麻烦
and unnecessary musical exploration.
如果你们沿原路下班回家的话 那彼得就是你们
Peter is you if you walked the same route home as you did to work,
你们肯定也知道
only, as I'm sure you understand,
是按相反方向走
in the opposite direction.
他通常会在街角的杂货店停下买♥♥晚餐
He generally stops into his corner bodega to procure dinner,
他一般吃盒装的寿司
which often consists of packaged sushi
配上一小包酱油和绿芥末
with a small packet of brown liquid salt and spicy green putty.
如果你们浑浑噩噩地回了家 毫无改变
Peter is you if you ended your day in the same place you began it,
那彼得就是你们
with no change.
每天都一成不变
Every day like the others,
除了他偶尔会做一些毫无意义的随机小改变以外
with the exception of meaningless and arbitrary deviation.
比如晚餐不吃寿司而改吃卷饼
Burrito instead of sushi, perhaps.
这出悲剧有着最平静却又最可怕的伪饰
And this is tragedy in its most quietly devastating costume.
这样的人生没有风险 没有真切的痛苦
A life without risk. A life without real pain.
也没有真正的快乐
A life without real joys.
这是生存 不是生活
This is existing, not living.
至少这是我的人生观
At least that is my philosophy.
到最后 这也是我仅有的一切
And at the end of the day that's all I've got.
朋友们 我想大家都懂了
So, my friends, I think we've got the idea.
现在你们认识彼得了
Now you know Peter.
眯上眼睛 把彼得想象成你们
Squint your eyes, and Peter is you.
至少现在这样就足够了
Enough so, at least,
我想我们可以直接跳到发生改变的那天
that I think we can jump right into the day something changes.
我现在想跟大家坦白 在刚才的介绍中
I should like to confess now that I lied to you once
我骗了你们一次 但仅有一次
and only once during my introduction.
不过我能保证 我依然是个可靠的旁白
I can assure you, however, that I remain a reliable narrator.
日常谜团
第一季 第一集
诺曼
Norman?
正常
Normal?
你正常吗
Are you Normal?
抱歉 你说什么
I'm sorry, what?
你是诺曼吗
Are you Norman?
不 不是
Oh, no. No.
天哪 抱歉
Oh, man. Sorry.
没关系
That's okay.
我能帮忙吗
Can I help?
不用 只是意外
No, it's... it's an accident.
-好吧 再次抱歉 -抱歉
- Okay, sorry again. - I'm sorry.
是我没注意
No, sorry.
海豚交流系统测试
海豚交流系统测试
我明白
I understand.
人体立场实验
工作 工作
Work stuff, work.
工作 工作
Work. Work stuff.
工作 工作 还是工作
Work. Work. Work stuff.
好的
Okay.
很好
Great.
记忆流媒体
记忆流媒体
你见过这个人吗
喂
Hello?
彼得
Peter?
是我
Y-Yes.
你怎么知道的
How did... how did you know that?
你打来电♥话♥了
You called.
对 我看到一个男人
Well, yes, I-I saw the... the man...
指示牌边上的男人
the man from the sign.
他在贴自己的"你见过这个人吗"的寻人启事
He was putting up his own "have you seen this man" flyer.
我不意外
I'm not surprised.
感谢您致电极郡学院
Thank you for calling the Jejune Institute,
宾夕法尼亚总部
Pennsylvania Headquarters.
我们诚挚邀请您参加一场特殊的介绍会
We would like to invite you to a special orientation session.
不好意思 介绍会
I'm sorry, orientation session?
我们位于南七街
We are located at 12616
South 7th Street, Suite 1607.
有好多数字
That's so many numbers.
您需要拿纸笔记下吗
Would you like to procure a writing implement?
不 不用了
N-No, I'm fine.
时间为美东时间周六下午两点
Saturday at 2:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.
其实我觉得我去不了
I don't think that I can, actually.
当不羁的黑♥马♥们抬头仰望
For those Dark Horses with the Spirit to look up and see...
一个隐秘的家庭正在静静等待着
A recondite family awaits.
你这周过得如何 社交方面
And how has this week been, socially?
你和同事去吃午饭了吗
Have you had lunch with a co-worker?
有什么有趣的对话吗
Any interesting conversations?
没有
No.
试了新餐厅吗
Try any new restaurants?
有看新的电视节目吗
Watch anything new on TV?
没有
No.
彼得 我能问个问题吗
Peter, can I ask you a question?
当然可以
Yes, of course.
你为什么要来见我呢
Why do you come see me?
好吧 因为这是免费的
Well, it's free, you know?
是我医疗福利的一部分
It's included in my medical benefits,
在得到这份工作之前 我从没有过医疗福利
and I've never had medical benefits until this job,
所以我就想 "管它呢 彼得
so I just thought, "Heck, Peter,
你得抓住这个机会
take advantage of the opportunity
看看精神治疗到底是怎么回事"
and see what psychiatry's all about".
到目前为止 你觉得怎么样
And what are your thoughts so far?
我喜欢 真的
I like it. I do.
我觉得我们的谈话进行得很顺利
I think our conversations go pretty well.
我知道大部分时间都是你在提问
I know that you do a lot of the heavy lifting.
真希望我能多带点问题来见你
I wish I brought more to the table.
剧集 | 日常谜团 | 导航列表