剧集 | 绝望的主妇 | 导航列表
能帮你放起大衣吗?
May I take your coat?
好的
Sure. Let me.
等等 把我的"脑子"拿出来
Oh, wait. Let me get my "brain" out of there.
我从来机不离身
I never go anywhere without this.
当我灵光一闪时
That way, when I get a bright idea...
马上就录到录音机里
Wham! Right into the tape recorder.
有趣的的科技小玩意 谢谢夸奖 Orville
Huh. Sounds like quite a handy gizmo. Thank you, Orville.
是奥森
It's Orson.
奥维尔还是奥森都是带着瘀伤 从操场跑回家的小孩 没说错吧?
Orville, Orson... either way, he came home from the playground covered in bruises. Am I right?
关于儿童书的灵感...
Idea for children's book...
因为傻名字而被欺负的孩子 可以叫"奥森"
Kid who gets the crap kicked out of him 'cause he has a goofy name. Could be "Orson."
噢 他们来了 等你见到汤姆
Oh, that's them. Wait till you meet Tom.
你会庆幸带着录音机
You'll be so glad you had that tape recorder.
他的主意总是源源不断
He's just bursting with ideas.
勒奈特 汤姆 你们好
Hi. Lynette, Tom, hi.
给你们介绍我的出版商布鲁斯
Hey. I'd like you to meet my publisher, Bruce.
很高兴认识你
It's nice to meet you.
布里 你不介意的话 我去拿瓶啤酒
Hey. Bree, I'm getting a beer, if you don't mind.
嗨 凯瑟琳
Hey, Katherine.
麦克在对街监督着我来道歉
Mike is standing across the street watching to make sure I apologize,
尽管理应是你
even though it's clear to me you're the one who should
为破坏我的派对而向我道歉
be apologizing for the way you ruined my party.
一二三
One, two, three.
时间应该够长了 给你
Well, that should be long enough, so here.
见鬼去吧 再见
Kiss my ass. Bye.
等等
Hold on.
非常抱歉
I'm sorry.
但一个巴掌拍不响 我俩都有错
But neither of us exactly gets a gold star for model behavior.
我们不同
It's not the same.
怎么不同? 你得知我画的之前都爱那幅画
Why not? I mean, you loved that painting until you found out that I did it,
然后你就一副小心眼的行径
and then you acted totally petty.
为什么错的就只是我?
So why am I the only bad guy here?
问你个问题 好吗?
Let me ask you something, okay?
告诉我那幅令我欢愉的画作 是出自你之手的时候
Didn't it give you just the tiniest little thrill to tell me that
你有否至少感觉到一点点兴奋?
that painting that I was so happy about was yours?
在我的家里有你和麦克的爱情见证?
That I had something in my house that represented the love between you and Mike?
没有
No.
那你在干什么 苏珊?
Then what are you doing, Susan?
你看不出我有多困窘吗?
Can't you see how hard this is for me?
你就住在对面街
You live right across the street.
你们有个儿子
You guys share a kid.
我还得面对一幅你们蜜月的画?
Do I have to have a painting of your honeymoon, too?
我知道麦克往事不会像一张白纸
Look, I knew I wasn't going to get a clean slate with Mike, okay?
但我起码想要个空白的壁炉台
I just wanted a clean mantelpiece.
美味的晚餐 布里 我能来真是太棒了
Oh. Fantastic dinner, Bree. This was a great idea.
我是想让你和汤姆 相互认识
Well, I just wanted to get you together with Tom here.
个人认为你们会颇投缘
I thought you two might hit it off.
对了 汤姆 听布里说你曾是广♥告♥才子
Yeah. Tom, Bree says you used to be quite the ad wiz.
噢 我也不清楚
Oh, I don't know.
只是谦虚而已 他是最棒的
He's being modest. He was the best.
很好 因为我在找人开拓新市场
Good, because I'm looking for someone to head up a new division.
我要去准备些咖啡
I'm going to put some coffee on.
奥森 你能帮我吗?
Orson, would you give me a hand?
让你们仨聊聊
Let these three chat.
你有兴趣回到这个行当吗?
So do you think you have any interest in getting back in the game?
我不清楚
I don't know.
这个时机有点不妥
The timing's a little weird.
为什么呢?
How so?
我也不知道
I don't know.
汤姆 经营了一间成功的餐馆
Well, Tom was just running a very successful restaurant,
刚以一个好价钱转让出去了
and he just sold it at a handsome profit.
所以他在等待好机会
So he's waiting for the right opportunity.
你得费点劲游说哦 布鲁斯
You might have to do a little selling here, Bruce.
才俊难求啊
Huh. I guess the good ones are always the hardest to land.
对
Yeah.
等我来试试
Let me give it a shot.
我们代表了全球一小群 稳定的精英非小说作家
We represent a small stable of elite nonfiction authors from all over the world.
你得和作家们关系密切 并想出创新的宣传售书手段
So you'd be working closely with those writers to come up with creative approaches to selling their books.
听上去...非常吸引人
That sounds... amazing.
我不清楚
I don't know.
还有土豆吗?
Are there more potatoes?
我的给你
You can have mine.
别再说 "不清楚"了
Stop saying, "I don't know."
听上去会经常出差
Mm. Sounds like there's a lot of traveling.
我并不适应舟车劳顿的生活
I'm not, you know, really big on living out of a suitcase.
只去巴黎出席两周的书展
Even to do two weeks at the book fair in Paris
并住五星级酒店也不适应?
while you stay at a five-star hotel?
巴黎?
Paris?
法国的?
Like France?
是啊 世界上最美妙的城市
Yes, like the greatest city in the world.
天 我让勒奈特都兴奋起来了
Gee, I'm getting Lynette excited.
糟的是你没有广♥告♥从业经验
Too bad you don't have any advertising experience. Oh.
其实 我有12年从业经验
Actually, I have 12 years of experience.
真的?
Really?
是的
Yeah.
我曾是8年的财务经理
I was account executive for eight years,
其后4年任副总裁
v.p. For four more after that,
顺便说句 我毕业论文的主题是
and by the way, I wrote my graduate thesis
非虚构类文学作品的崛起
on the rise of the nonfiction novel.
没错 那么你说起薪是多少?
W-Wow. I know. So what kind of starting salary are we talking about?
勒奈特 能私下谈两句吗?
Lynette, can I see you for a sec?
好的 布鲁斯 你能等一下吗?
Okay. Bruce, could you hold that thought?
我很快回来
I'm gonna be right back.
我们紧张死了
Well, we're on pins and needles.
进展怎么样了?
How's it going?
你在干什么鬼东西? 我在争取这份工作 那就是我在争取
What the hell are you doing? I'm getting this job. That's what I'm doing.
我还以为那是我的工作呢 你表现得并不想要这份工作
I thought it was my job. Well, you're not acting like you want it very much, mister...
"我不清楚
"Uh, I don't know.
还有土豆吗"先生 我并不是不想要
Are there any more potatoes?" It's not that I don't want it.
只是太突然了
It's just that it's all happening so fast.
我需要点时间疗伤 好啊 你疗你的 我可要去巴黎
I need a little time to lick my wounds. Okay, you lick. I'm going to Paris.
你不会抢了我的工作
You're not taking my job.
你的工作? 你像个小屁孩一样绷着脸
Your job? The one you're magically gonna get by sulking
就能匪夷所思地得到的工作? 你有一个机会 却搞砸了
and acting like a brat? You had a shot. You blew it.
是吗?
Oh, yeah? Yeah.
是的 你刚激怒了头公牛 姐姐
You just messed with the bull, sister.
准备被顶翻吧
Prepare to get the horns.
我...
I... ugh!
我们应该把派在这里切好
Maybe we should slice the tart in here.
我不想拿着大刀进入战场
I don't want to bring a large knife into this.
布鲁斯...
Bruce...
我刚才还对勒奈特说
I was just saying to Lynette,
我假意说"我很讨厌这份工作"
I gave you my "I don't really care about this job" thing
如果你真的重视这份工作
to see if you really care about this job,
事实上确实如此 那么我就答应了
and you do, and I like that.
聪明
Clever.
虽然我们还没谈到补贴的问题
Now we haven't talked compensation package yet,
但我对你有信心...
but I got a good feeling...
汤姆 你是对的 布鲁斯真的很重视这份工作
You know, Tom, you're right. Bruce does care about this job.
所以他要确保自己挑的是最佳人选
That's why he wants to make sure he gets the perfect person for it.
勒奈特 是吗?你说过我才是最棒的
Well, Lynette, you yourself said I was the best.
你曾是最棒的 你是为我工作过所有人中最棒的
Oh, you were. You were the best person who ever worked for me.
以前我是他的老板
I used to be his boss.
我设想的不是这个样子
This is not what I had in mind. I don't know
我想不通为什么他俩 都要为这个蠢人工作
why either one of them wants to work for that jackass. Now, now. He's been very good to me.
这样对我很有利
Well, of course he has,
那当然 因为他知道你让他赚了很多钱
because he knows you make him a lot of money.
在我看来 他就是个自以为是的小人
Me, on the other hand, he sees as an insignificant little man,
当他高谈他那令人作呕的 阴♥茎♥型的录音机时更让人讨厌
barely worth mentioning as he talks into his annoying, penis-shaped tape recorder.
然后我对他说
So I said to him,
剧集 | 绝望的主妇 | 导航列表