剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
Your Honor, with all due respect...
虽然我并非没有同情心
While I am not unsympathetic to the facts,
我必须依据法律作裁决
I have to make my ruling based on the law.
而助理检察官康威的申辩是更合乎法律的
And the law agrees with A.D.A. Conway.
我们不是来评判
We're not here to judge whether
已故的内瓦先生为人是否正直
the late Mr. Navarre was an honorable man or not.
我们是来判定
We are here
凯瑞甘女士所做是否为保护他人
to decide whether Ms. Kerrigan acted in defense of others.
我听到的证词
And there is nothing in the testimony that I heard
无法证明事实如此
that suggests that is the case.
正因如此 你的上诉申请被驳回了
And for that reason, your motion in limine is denied.
其实也没那么糟
It's not really all that bad.
挺糟的
Yeah, it is.
- 是挺糟的 - 好吧
- Yeah, it is. - Okay.
我让玛丽莎去联♥系♥
I asked
所有与罗杰·内瓦有过关系的女人
Marissa to reach out to all the women
看看她们
who were involved with Roger Navarre,
是否能在审判开始后
see if they would be available to sit in court
出庭
once the trial begins.
但是疫情 不允许聚集
But it's COVID. No public allowed.
我知道 我准备去找法官
Yes. I know. And I am gonna go to the judge,
提出一个特别请求
and I'm gonna make a special plea.
既然那些女人不被允许作证
Since these women were not allowed to testify,
她们至少应该能出席庭审
they should at least be allowed to witness the trial.
一个与她们遭受
The trial of a woman who suffered
同一个男人折磨的女人的审判
at the hands of the same man they did.
我认为这有助于他们的心理健康
And I will argue it will help their mental well-being.
你太好了
That's awfully nice of you.
你可得和法官好好争论一番
Going to bat with the judge to make that happen.
我不是想做好人
There's nothing nice about it.
我是想让她们坐在旁听席
I want them sitting in that gallery.
我希望陪审团对他们产生疑问
I want the jury wondering about them.
我也想让你找到一个机会
And I want you to find a moment
指出她们
to point them out, to indicate
表明她们也经历过
that they went through the same version of hell
和霍莉一样的地狱
that Holly went through.
斯特金探员 凯瑞甘女士
Agent Sturgeon, when did Ms. Kerrigan
是什么时候去FBI办公室拜访你的
come to the FBI offices to meet with you?
霍莉·凯瑞甘第一次来
Holly Kerrigan first came to meet me
是一年多以前
a little over a year ago.
拜访的目的是什么
And what was the purpose of that visit?
她指控
She alleged that Roger Navarre
罗杰·内瓦强♥奸♥了她
had committed statutory rape on her person
并且向一名未成年人 也就是她自己
and, additionally, had provided illegal substances
提供非法药物
to a minor...her.
持续约十八个月
Over a period of about 18 months.
你采取了什么行动
And what did you do with that information?
我立了案
Well, I opened a case file,
开始调查内瓦先生
started looking into Mr. Navarre.
尝试确认
Tried to determine if there was any truth
对凯瑞甘先生的指控是否属实
to what Ms. Kerrigan alleged.
那么立案
And opening up a case file,
调查像罗杰·内瓦这样的人
looking into someone like Roger Navarre,
你能告诉我们这意味着什么吗
can you tell us what that entails?
让我说清楚
Let me be clear.
我们很重视这种指控
We didn't take these allegations lightly.
但这样的调查
But investigations like this
可能会持续数月 甚至数年
can go on for months, sometimes years.
在你开始起诉别人之前
You have to make sure you have all of your ducks in a row
你必须保证所有事情都安排妥当
before you start indicting people,
尤其是和罗杰·内瓦一样
particularly people as well-connected
后台强大的人
as Roger Navarre.
被告和你
And did the defendant
还保持联♥系♥吗
continue to communicate with you?
是的 我们谈过很多次
Yes, we spoke on a number of occasions.
她会从俄亥俄州打电♥话♥ 发邮件
She would call and email from Ohio.
那些电♥话♥和邮件的目的是什么
And what was the purpose of these calls and emails?
她还能提供
Did she have additional information to offer
更多关于罗杰·内瓦的信息吗
about Roger Navarre?
那个时候 他们已经很多年
at that point, they were no longer communicating.
都没有联♥系♥了
Not for years.
不 这些电♥话♥和邮件的目的
No, the purpose of these calls and emails
主要是表达她
was primarily to express her impatience
对于调查的不耐烦
with the investigation.
和她对处理过程的不满
Her frustration with the process.
我想 应该还有对我的不满
And, I suppose, her frustration with me.
那对于她选择自行解决问题
So were you surprised
你是否觉得很惊讶
when she took matters into her own hands?
不 不惊讶
No. Not entirely.
谢谢 斯特金探员
Thank you, Agent Sturgeon.
我的问题问完了
No further questions.
早上好 斯特金探员
Good morning, Agent Sturgeon.
早上好
Good morning.
实际上
Now, point in fact,
我的委托人霍莉·凯瑞甘不是唯一一个
my client Holly Kerrigan wasn't the only person
来找你问罗杰·内瓦的事情的人 是吧
that came to see you about Roger Navarre, was she?
是时候提出反对了
I believe it's time for an objection.
反对 法官大人
Objection, Your Honor!
这个问题有关联吗
Relevance?
法官大人
Your Honor,
正是助理检察官联♥系♥到了这位证人
it's the A.D.A. who called the witness
并且让我们得知FBI
and opened the door to the fact that the FBI
对罗杰·内瓦有立案调查
opened up an investigation on Roger Navarre.
反对无效
Objection overruled.
证人会回答这个问题的
The witness will answer the question.
不好意思 什么问题
I'm sorry, what was the question?
让我提醒你一下
Well, let me refresh your memory.
我问的是 我的委托人霍莉·凯瑞甘是不是
I was asking if my client, Holly Kerrigan,
唯一一个到局里来举报
was the only person who came to the Bureau
罗杰·内瓦的人
about Roger Navarre?
不是
No, she was not.
实际上 还有几位女士
No, in fact, a number of other women
私下来见你
came to see you personally to file
希望向内瓦先生提出类似的诉讼
similar complaints against Mr. Navarre.
我说的对吗
Isn't that correct?
是的
Yes, that's correct.
我还知道她们现在戴着口罩
And I know they are wearing masks,
不过或许你能够认出来
but perhaps you can point out, uh,
曾经和你谈过话的那几个人
the ones that you have spoken to in the past?
再次反对 法官大人 这个问题
Again, Your Honor, what is the relevance
于此有什么关联
of this line of questioning?
我听上去像是辩护人在故意
It sounds to me like the defense is intentionally
讽刺您之前提出的不要从任何
making a mockery of your earlier order
与已故的内瓦先生有过关联的人那里
not to hear testimony from anyone who may have been
听取证词的命令
involved with the late Mr. Navarre.
我的天呐 助理检察官康威
My goodness, A.D.A. Conway
还真是个暴脾气
has quite a temper.
反对有效
Objection sustained.
陪审团将会忽视一切有关旁听席上的
The jury will disregard any remarks regarding the women
女士们的评论
seated in the gallery.
并且我给予辩护人一次警告
And I'm putting the defense on notice.
再出现这类的诡计
Any further shenanigans of this type,
我会直接撤销
and I will rescind
对这些旁听者的邀请
my invitation to these observers.
听清楚了吗
Am I clear?
清楚了 法官大人
Very clear, Your Honor.
对于目击者还有什么问题吗
Any more questions for the witness?
没有了
No, Your Honor.
我相信我们已经达到目的了
I believe we covered it all.
的确 我也觉得
Yes, I believe we have.
她穿好衣服了
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表