剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
天呐
Oh, my God.
你不会要推销
You are not gonna pitch me your vision
你的顶尖相亲服务吧
for a cutting-edge matchmaking service,
这两年我听了五次了
are you, because I have heard that one five times
说实话
in the last two years. Although to be honest,
这些家伙先送我饮料和晚餐
those guys bought me drinks and dinner
然后才开始推销
before they brought it up.
让我说完
Let me start over.
在我飞去俄亥俄州之前
Before I flew to Ohio, I was involved
我参加了一场纽约的庭审
in a trial in New York.
那家伙是无辜的
Guy was innocent.
问题是...
The thing is...
他选错了陪审团
he had the wrong jury.
因为选择陪审团
'Cause, you see, picking
很容易
a jury is easy.
你只要做好功课...根据人口学
You just do your homework... You follow the demographic
社会经济学数据进行选择
and socioeconomic indicators.
可是庭审中 一旦你选择了这些人
But a trial, once you've picked those people,
庭审可以说 是个活物
well, that trial is a living, breathing thing,
有时候开头时重点是一回事
and sometimes it starts out being about one thing
结束时却变成了另外一回事
and ends up being about something else entirely.
而且你完全不知道
And you have no way of knowing
所有证词和证据
how all this testimony and this evidence
会如何影响你选择的这群人
is affecting that group of people you've selected.
完全是摸黑
You're in the dark.
可是如果你能看见呢
But what if you weren't?
如果你有扇窗户
What if you had a window
能看到他们的感觉呢
into how they were feeling?
看到他们的想法呢
What they were thinking.
如果你能用那些信息
And what if you could use that information
相应地调整
to adjust your trial strategy
你的谈判策略
accordingly?
如果你能...
What if
预测他们的行为
you could... Predict their behavior.
现在你该给我买♥♥杯饮料了
Now would be a really good time to buy me that drink.
打扰了
Excuse me?
早上好
Morning.
我是里欧·克拉底 亚瑟·克拉底的儿子
My name's Leo Craddick. I'm Arthur Craddick's son.
这就是我们所称的模拟法庭
This is what we call the mock courtroom.
新冠没爆发的时候
When there's no pandemic, what we do is
我们会招募民众 来这扮演陪审员
we recruit people to come down here and pretend to be jurors.
我们也会演练庭审策略
We also audition trial strategies.
进行结案陈词
Closing arguments.
有时排练证人
Sometimes we rehearse witnesses.
让他们熟悉如何提供证词
Get 'em used to the idea of offering testimony.
居然还有这样的地方
I didn't even know places like this existed.
听着
Listen...
其实 我们没钱付这些
truth is, we have no money for any of this.
这不巧了吗
Well, isn't that serendipitous?
我没想收钱
I don't want any money for any of this.
听我说 你父亲在很多方面
Look... in a lot of ways, your dad
都是这一切的灵感来源
was the inspiration for all this.
我记得他受审时 我坐在那
I remember sitting there at his trial,
认识到我无能为力
realizing there was nothing I could do,
那...
and it...
那让我十分无助
Well, it made me feel so helpless.
然后我突然想到
And I suddenly thought to myself...
也许该尝试新方法了
maybe it's time to try something different.
我是说
I'm just saying...
我们已经有了一份书面供词
we've got a written confession.
我不确定我们是否还需要这些
I'm not sure we're going to be needing any of this.
相信我 越多帮助越好
Trust me, you're gonna need all the help you can get.
如果你想赢得重审动议
If you want to win the motion for a new trial,
就必须让法官觉得
that judge is going to have to find
证词是可接受的
that the confession is admissible.
证人是可信的
That the witness is credible.
签署一纸文件是一回事
Signing a piece of paper is one thing, but getting up there
但在法庭上 面对高♥强♥度交叉质证
in court, saying it out loud, convincingly,
还能坦然面对 说话信而有征
under the pressure of a tough cross-exam,
就是另一回事了
that is a whole nother ball of wax.
我在哪能看到证词
Is there any way I can see the confession?
我的下属怎么见这个人
Any way my people could meet this fella?
所以 证词是由一个职业杀手提供的
So the confession is from a contract killer?
一个黑帮杀手
A mob hit man?
对 事实证明那些人搞错了
Yep. Turns out everybody had it wrong.
他们都认为是其中一个店主杀了艾文
They all figured it to be one of the business owners
来制止勒索行为
that killed Ivan to put a stop to the shakedowns.
结果发现是为了争地盘
Turns out it was about territory.
黑帮们想从艾文那分一杯羹
The mob wanted a piece of Ivan's action,
艾文不想合作
and Ivan wasn't down with that.
所以他们杀了他
So they killed him.
对
Sure did.
还有他孩子
And his baby.
那这个职业杀手究竟为什么要招供
And exactly why is this contract killer confessing?
看资料 他才四十二岁
I mean, according to this file, he's only 42 years old.
难道他不知道他会
Doesn't he get that he'll probably
在监狱里度过余生吗
spend the rest of his life in prison?
我没说过他快死了吗
Did I not mention he's dying?
四十七个人
47 men.
四十七个
47...
但艾文很容易被追踪到
But Ivan was easy to track.
他粗心
Careless.
很咋呼 也没脑子
Bravado with no brains.
我记得当时我想
I remember thinking...
杀掉艾文·科沃彻
that killing Ivan Kovolchuk
是我这辈子赚的
would be the easiest $25,000
最容易的两万五千元
I would ever make.
说说这两个谋杀案吧
So let's talk about the murders.
不 不是两个谋杀案
No. Not murders.
是一个
Murder.
一个 只杀了艾文
One... Ivan.
那个女婴不是...
The baby girl wasn't...
我不知道她也在
I didn't know she was there.
杀死她是意外
She was an accident.
是误杀
A mistake.
我确实扣动了扳机
I don't deny pulling the trigger, but...
但对上帝最大的不敬
...there is no greater insult to God
莫过于杀死他的一个孩子吧
than to kill one of his babies.
我想尽办法为
No matter how much I try
那个孩子的死亡赎罪
to atone for that child's death...
但最终决定权总是在上帝手上
God always gets the last word.
骨髓瘤
Myeloma.
血癌
Blood cancer.
科隆先生
Mr. Colon?
知道你的证人
Any idea when
打算何时出场吗
your witness plans on making an appearance?
我们已经等了半个小时了
We've been sitting here for half an hour.
呃 对 是 当然 法官大人
Uh, yes, yes, of course, Your Honor.
我们正尽一切努力
Well, we are doing everything we can
在找他
to locate him.
很抱歉 耽误大家的时间
I do apologize, for the delay.
我没明白
I don't understand.
你不是雇了
You said you hired
救护车带他来吗
an ambulance to bring him here.
救护车怎么能失联呢
How do you lose an ambulance?
丹尼 你到底在哪
Danny, where the hell are you?
- 我一直在等... - 他死了 布尔
- I've been waiting... - He's dead, Bull.
我们走到中城隧♥道♥
We were going through the Midtown Tunnel and he just
他就开始喘不过气了
started gasping for breath and...
然后他就死了
then he just died.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表