剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
他们藏着的这个... 是182KB
The one they're hiding... is 182 kilobytes.
所以你是说他们删除了一部分时长吗
So you're saying they erased part of the minutes?
看起来绝对是这样的
Certainly looks that way.
或许是和艾文的突破
Maybe the part having to do with Edwin
- 相关的部分 - 没错
- and his breakthrough. - Exactly.
所以我就想到 如果我能找到一个
So then it occurred to me, if we can just find someone
在那次会议中的人来作证的话
who was in that meeting to take the stand.
我觉得不可能
I don't think that's gonna happen.
都是什么 CFO CSO 公♥司♥律师
I mean, CFO, CSO, general counsel.
大家都是布雷斯代高层的管理人员
Everyone in that room was senior management at Bressadyne.
本尼是对的... 我们绝对
Benny's right... We're never gonna get
找不到这些人里能作证
anybody from the board of directors to take
承认这一切的人的
the stand and admit to any of this.
但是房♥间里一般还有其他人吧
But aren't there usually other people in the room, too?
那些记录时间的人
People to actually take the minutes?
做会议笔记的人
Record the meeting?
瑞格拉太太
Mrs. Rhineglass?
内拉·瑞格拉
Nera Rhineglass?
我是丹尼 詹姆斯
My name is Danny James.
我是普鲁特博士的辩护小组的调查员
I'm an investigator working for Dr. Pruitt's defense team.
我想跟您谈一下
I'd love to speak with you for a minute.
我相信您知道我在说什么
I believe you know what I'm talking about.
其实 我不太明白
Actually, I'm not sure I do.
我得知您是
I believe you took the minutes
去年四月会议时为董事会记录的人
for the board of directors meeting last April?
抱歉 这是关于什么的
I'm sorry, what is this about?
我们相信文件在被交付之前
We believe the minutes were altered
被更改了时长
before being handed over in discovery.
更改 怎么个改法
Altered? How?
这是他们给我们的文件
This is what they sent us.
你为其工作的人
The people that you work for.
我们相信他们删除了
We believe they deleted a considerable portion
原文件的一大部分 取走了任何提及
of the original document, removing any mention
普鲁特博士或者他的工作成果的地方
of Dr. Pruitt or his work.
我们认为他们篡改了证据
We believe they tampered with evidence.
这是联邦重罪 直觉告诉我
That is a federal crime. And I have a hunch
当我们把这件事上报后
that when we call the authorities' attention to it,
你的老板会说他不知道这事
the people that you work for will profess ignorance
他会说撰写会议纪要
and tell us that the preparation of the minutes
是你的责任
is your responsibility
撰写过程中的任何不当行为
and that any impropriety in that preparation
也是你的错
is your fault.
瑞格拉女士
Mrs. Rhineglass?
你是兰瑟博士的行政助理
As Dr. Latham's executive assistant,
你还记得四月三日董事会议的会议纪要吗
did you record the minutes for the April 3 board meeting?
- 记得 - 好 现在
- I did. - Now, are these
这份会议纪要
the complete and accurate minutes
是否完整且准确呢
for that meeting?
瑞格拉女士
Mrs. Rhineglass?
嗯...
The, um...
这份会议纪要...
they...
是准确的
They are accurate.
但是并不完整
But they're not complete.
少了几页
Pages are missing.
少了哪些页?
What pages are missing?
所有关于普鲁特博士的
All the pages where they were discussing
帕金森项目的讨论
Dr. Pruitt's Parkinson's project.
好奇怪
Well, that's odd.
这是布雷斯代实验室提交的所有材料了
This is all Bressadyne Labs provided.
罗森博先生 科隆先生
Mr. Rosenberg, Mr. Colon.
请到审判台前来
Can I see you at sidebar?
证人所说的让我很不安
I must say that I'm disturbed by what I'm hearing.
罗森博先生 在这之前 你知道
Mr. Rosenberg, was your office aware that
布雷斯代实验室故意隐瞒了文件吗
Bressadyne Labs intentionally withheld relevant documents?
不 法官大人 我不知道
No, Your Honor, we were not.
实际上 我跟您一样好奇证人接下来会说什么
In fact, I'm as interested in where this is going as you are.
好吧 科隆先生 你继续吧
Well, then, Mr. Colon, let's proceed.
好的
Okay, uh...
瑞格拉女士 因为我们没有
Mrs. Rhineglass, since we don't have
完整版的会议纪要 你能不能告诉法庭
the completed minutes, would you please, uh,
关于普鲁特博士的项目
tell the court what the board discussed
董事会都讨论了什么
with regard to Dr. Pruitt's project?
他们都很兴奋
Well, they were all very excited.
看起来普鲁特博士解决了帕金森药物
Apparently Dr. Pruitt had solved some big problem
中的重大难题
with this Parkinson's drug.
有些人说他离治愈帕金森已经很接近了
A bunch of them were saying how close he was to a cure.
听起来像是一场庆祝
Ah. Sounds like it was a celebration.
只庆祝了几分钟
Yeah, it was... for a few minutes.
然后 兰瑟博士和我们的首席财务官
And then Dr. Latham and our CFO distributed
开始了财务分♥析♥
a financial analysis.
财务分♥析♥
A financial analysis?
关于这个帕金森项目吗
On the Parkinson's project?
我记得证据列表里没有啊
Well, I don't recall seeing that in discovery.
所以
So, uh...
他们有对艾文的研究做预测评估是吗
they did run projections on Edwin's research?
当然有了 各种各样的评估
Of course. All kinds of projections.
他们谈到了利润率
And they were talking about profit margins
还有年同比收入
and year-over-year earnings
以及预期寿命
and life expectancies.
他们的结论是什么
And what did they conclude?
老实说 大多数我都理解不了
Honestly, I didn't understand most of it,
但我知道大家开始意识到
but I did get that the company was starting to realize
治疗帕金森比治愈帕金森
that they would make more money treating Parkinson's
更赚钱
rather than curing it.
所以
So...
布雷斯代的董事会
Bressadyne's board
故意修改了这份会议纪要
knowingly edited these minutes
以向全世界隐瞒
so the world would never know
他们离治愈很近了
how close they were to a cure?
可以这么说
It would seem that way.
如果艾文不把他的研究拿回来
And if Edwin didn't take his research back,
布雷斯代实验室已经成功隐瞒了
Bressadyne Labs would have successfully buried it
他的研究成果 这样全世界
and the world would have been that much further away
离攻克这个绝症仍然很远
from conquering this deadly disease?
是的 可以这么说
Yes. It would seem that way.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我问完了 法官大人
No further questions, Your Honor.
如果我不能拿回我的工作成果 赢了有什么用
If we can't get my work back, it doesn't really matter.
普鲁特博士 这需要一个过程
Dr. Pruitt, it's all a process, okay?
不是一蹴而就的
It-it doesn't happen all at once.
我以为庭审就是这个过程
I thought this was the process.
我以为我们已经走完了这个过程
I thought we just completed the process.
我以为庭审结束后 这个过程就结束了
I thought when the trial was over, the process was over.
艾文 一切都还顺利吗?
Whoa, everything all right, Edwin?
- 你看起来很生气 - 我确实生气
- You seem upset. - Well, I am upset.
我们赢了官司 你刚刚告诉我
We just won this case. You just told me
我被判无罪
that I was found not guilty.
但是科隆先生说
But according to Mr. Colon,
我拿不回我的成果 我的样本 我的研究
I'm not getting my work back... My samples, my research.
这些不是今天能完成的
Well, that's not what happened today.
今天完成的事是联邦检察官
What happened today is the U.S. Attorney dismissed
撤销了对你的指控
the charges against you.
没有差别
Same thing.
并且 兰瑟博士有麻烦了 他做了伪证
And he's now going after Dr. Latham for perjury
检察官还会去找布雷斯代的董事会成员
and the board members of Bressadyne
因为他们篡改了证据 而你也获得了自♥由♥
for tampering with evidence, and you got your freedom.
当然官司打赢了
All in all, I'd say that's a win.
我很高兴
And obviously I'm happy about all that,
但我需要我的研究成果
but I need my work back.
如果我不能继续研究 自♥由♥对我来说没有意义
My freedom means nothing to me if I can't continue...
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表