剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
Getting to that.
说到这个
At counsel's table,
律师席上
whether it's the plaintiff's table or the defense table,
无论是原告席还是辩护席
only the plaintiff or the defendant
原告或被告双方
and one attorney from each side are permitted.
各自只允许带一名律师
And they must sit at least six feet apart.
他们必须至少相隔6英尺
Well, wait. Six feet apart?
等一下 6英尺
I mean, what if I have to whisper in my client's ear?
如果我需要和客户耳语呢
You pass a note.
你可以递纸条
All other members of the team must sit in the gallery
当询问时 团队中所有成员
and maintain social distancing
必须坐在横排座位中
while doing so.
并保持社交距离
I guess that's where you're sitting.
我猜你会坐那
So... yeah, looks that way... help me out here.
那么...看起来...帮帮我
Where will the prospective jurors be?
预备陪审员在哪里
Not in the courtroom.
他们不在法庭上
Excuse me?
什么
For the purpose of voir dire,
为了预备讯问
they're being held uptown at the convention center,
他们会被安排在会议中心的住♥宅♥区
which affords the opportunity for adequate social distancing,
那里可以提供充足的社交距离
hand washing, and air circulation.
可以洗手且空气流通
And when it comes time to question them, what do we do?
当需要询问他们时 我们怎么做
We bring them over here one by one?
把他们一个接一个带进来
That's gonna take forever.
那要花很长时间
No. We never bring them over.
不 他们不会进来
You'll call for a potential juror
你将根据编号♥和陪审员问卷
based on their number and juror questionnaire.
请进需要的陪审员
You'll ask a question into the microphone.
你会用麦克风问一个问题
You'll hear their answers through the speakers.
然后通过扬声器听到答案
That's how we'll do it.
就是这样
So I can't... I can't see them?
那么我不能...看见他们
I can't be in the same room with them?
我不能和他们待在同一间屋子里
I can't see how they behave?
我无法看到他们的举止
What's that have to do with anything?
这有什么关系吗
Bull, relax.
布尔 放松
And what about once they're picked?
他们被选择之后呢
Then does the jury get to sit there?
陪审员会进来坐吗
No. As I said,
不会 如前所说
we never bring them over.
他们从始至终都不会进来
They stay at the convention center watching the trial
他们在会议中心的闭路电视
on closed circuit television.
观看审理
Oh, my goodness. Uh, Bull?
哦 我的天 布尔
What does this all mean?
那都意味着什么
It means I can't do what I do.
那意味着我不能工作了
It means, basically, I serve no purpose.
基本上我在这没用了
I can't see them, Marissa.
我看不到他们 玛丽莎
For the length of the trial, I can't see them.
整个审理 我看不到他们
Is he okay?
他还好吗
I see the bad moon a-rising
# 我看见血月当空 #
I see trouble on the way
# 我看见麻烦正赶来 #
I see earthquakes and lightning
# 我看见地震闪电 #
I see bad times today
# 我预见今天不是什么好时候 #
Don't go around tonight
# 今晚别出门 #
Well, it's bound to take your life
# 你会丢掉你性命 #
There's a bad moon on the rise.
# 红色月亮挂空中 #
You okay? Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine.
你还好吗 我很好 我很好
You know, for what it's worth, I think you shook up our client
你知道吗 你这些"我看不到他们了"的反应
a little bit with all this "I can't see them" Stuff.
有点动摇了我们客户的决心
It's gonna be fine. I'll calm him down.
没事的 我会让他冷静下来
Okay. But first...
好的 但是首先...
Calm me down, please.
让我冷静下来 拜托了
Benny.
本尼
It was just a moment of panic.
那只是一瞬间的恐慌
I don't need to see the jury.
我不需要看见陪审团
I just need to hear 'em.
只要听见他们就好
Okay.
好的
Now, juror 35,
现在 陪审员35
have you ever lived in an apartment?
你在公♥寓♥住过吗
Yes, I have.
是的 我住过
Ever applied to rent one and been turned down?
你是否曾经申请租♥房♥♥但被拒绝
I have.
是的
Ever find out why?
找到原因了吗
Nope.
没有
This juror is acceptable to the plaintiff.
原告可以接受这名陪审员
Any questions for this juror, Mr. Colon?
对这位陪审员还有什么问题吗
Your Honor, the defense thanks
法官大人 辩护人感谢
and moves to strike juror number 35.
并请陪审员35离开
Thank you for your service, juror 35.
谢谢你的合作 陪审员35
Mr. Benjamin, you're at bat again.
本杰明先生 又该你了
Let's clean this thing up.
让我们快结束吧
Juror 14, please.
陪审员14 请进
Uh, Bull, this woman is a definite no.
布尔 这个女人肯定不行
Very black and white.
这是个非黑即白的人
She does not live in the great gray.
她不接受灰色地带
There's no proportionality here.
过于极端
How can you be so sure?
你为什么这么确定
You'll see.
不信你看吧
Nice to meet you, juror 14.
见到你很高兴 陪审员14
Now, according to your juror questionnaire,
根据你的陪审员问卷
you're an auditor for the IRS... A tax auditor.
你是国税局的审核员...税务审核员
Whoa. Talk about burying the lede.
哇哦 管账的
Guilty as charged,
确实是
but, you know, someone has to do it.
但是 你知道的 总有人得当坏人
Indeed, someone does.
确实
So let me ask you.
那么请问
How often are you confronted with someone,
你审核他们的税务和报账
you're auditing their taxes, and their numbers
多久你会遇见一个
and your numbers just don't add up at all?
税务造假的人呢
Only on the days that end with "Y."
在太阳从东边升起的日子里
You're sitting across from a taxpayer
你坐在纳税人对面
who's taken deductions for all kinds of things
他们将确实不可扣除的所有东西
that really aren't deductible.
进行了扣除
Story of my life.
人人皆是
And he or she is minimizing
他或她尽可能
their income in every way possible.
减少他们的收入
That's virtually every audit I do.
基本上每次审核都是这样
And when you confront them... Show them the proof
当你面对他们时...证明他们
that they're being less than honest, less than forthright...
不够诚实 不够直率
How often does the, uh, taxpayer confess?
纳税人多久会承认
Let me stop and think a minute. Never.
让我停下来想想 他们从不承认
So, what defense do they offer?
他们狡辩的理由是什么
"I was sloppy."
"我粗心了"
"That number shouldn't have been in there."
"那个数字原来不在那"
"The computer must have put the number in there."
"应该是电脑把那个数字填在那了"
That computer thing... That's a big one.
电脑的问题...那是个大问题
See what I mean?
明白我的意思了吗
This juror's acceptable to the plaintiff.
原告可以接受这个陪审员
And why do I sense the defense won't feel the same way?
为什么我觉得被告方没有同感呢
Oh. Just a couple of questions, Your Honor.
只有几个问题 法官大人
Have at it, Mr. Colon.
问吧 科隆先生
Ah, it's actually just one question, juror 14.
实际上只有一个问题 陪审员14
Of course.
请问吧
Have you ever been wrong?
有你弄错的时候吗
I'm not sure I understand the question.
我没听明白问题
Well, you were talking about auditing people,
你谈到审核人们
confronting people, listening to their excuses, so
与人对质 听他们找各种借口 所以
I was wondering, have you ever been wrong?
我想知道 你搞错过吗
Have you ever discover edit was the computer
你是否遇到过 确实是电脑把数据
that put it in there?
编辑到那里的
Once in a great while,
很长时间才有那么一例
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表