剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
你认为房♥顶存在问题
you thought that there was a problem with the roof,
但你什么也没做 是这样吗
but you didn't do anything else about it, did you?
这个嘛...
Well...
除了离开 在我看来
Except leave. Seems to me
你至少和我的当事人一样难辞其咎
you're at least as culpable as my client.
也许更甚
Maybe even more so.
法官大人 反对
Objection! Your Honor!
提问缺乏根据 纠缠证人
No foundation. Badgering.
我必须再问一次
Again, I have to ask this question for the second time,
辩方律师的问题是什么
what is the question?!
辩方律师在自证其辞
Counsel is testifying!
反对有效 所有反对均有效
Sustained. All sustained.
帕默律师
Mr. Palmer,
我再提醒你一次
I will ask you one more time.
别再发表演讲 开始提问
Stop making speeches, start asking questions.
否则我将让证人退庭 并认为你藐视法庭
Or I will dismiss the witness and hold you in contempt.
法官大人 我向您道歉
I do apologize, Your Honor.
事实上我对证人没有更多问题了
As it happens, I have no further questions for this witness.
现在休庭十五分钟
Let's take a 15-minute break.
我根本不相信
I don't believe for a second
他是今早找到的那个证人
that he found that witness this morning.
你能证明吗
Can you prove it?
那就毫无意义
Then it doesn't matter.
没人告诉过你吗
Didn't anyone tell you?
法律也是项接触式运动
The law is a contact sport, too.
你被拦截了 他放倒了你
You got tackled. He took you down.
现在爬起来
Now get up.
该你发球了
It's your ball.
法官大人
Your Honor,
经过法庭许可
with the court's permission,
辩方希望传唤丹尼斯·丹佛
the defense would like to call Denise Danford.
请稍等
Excuse me.
法官大人 反对
Objection, Your Honor.
我方对该证人毫不知情
We have no information regarding this witness.
证人名单上没有她的名字
Her name is nowhere on the witness list.
显然 辩方律师是在
Clearly, defense counsel is playing fast and loose
拿证据开示原则作儿戏
with the rules of discovery.
是这样吗
Is this true?
你未将该证人的情况传达给反方律师吗
Did you not share this witness's name with opposing counsel?
很遗憾 法官大人
Unfortunately, Your Honor,
寻找丹佛女士一直困难重重
Mrs. Danford has been very, very difficult to locate.
好消息是 坚持不懈地追踪探寻后
But the good news is, after looking and looking,
今早我们终于和她取得了联♥系♥
we were able to make contact with her this morning,
仅在开庭前不久
shortly before trial.
极端情况如此 否则我们一定会
Or I promise we would have given the opposing counsel
提前通知控方律师
plenty of notice.
希望我尊敬的同事
I do hope that my esteemed colleague
衷心实意宽恕我的过失
can find it in his heart to forgive me.
相信他会的
I'm sure he can.
让证人宣誓上庭吧
Let's swear in the witness.
按庭审惯例 若有新证被纳入考量致使形势有异
And as was the case when the shoe was on the other foot,
科隆先生 若在直接取证后
Mr. Colón, if you need extra time to prepare
你还需要额外时间准备
after direct examination,
我们会调整时间的
we will make an accommodation.
感谢您 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
我和芬每周日都会联♥系♥
Finn and I tried to talk every Sunday.
视频通话
FaceTime.
有一阵子
For a while, it seemed like,
他都会频繁地提及一个女孩
every other call, he would mention this girl.
克莱尔
Claire.
从他谈论她的方式来看 很明显
And it was obvious from the way he talked about her
她对他是个特别的存在
that... she was special.
然后
Then...
在他大三第一学期结束时
at the end of his first semester junior year,
我们计划好好商量
we were gonna have a conversation
申请另一笔学生贷款的事
about perhaps applying for another student loan.
他让我无需挂虑
And he told me not to worry about it.
因为他要离开学校了
That he was leaving school.
他想去纽约打拼
That he wanted to try living in New York.
你对此作何感想
And how did you feel about that?
我吓坏了
It scared me.
纽约的概念让我害怕
New York scared me.
我第一次来纽约
The first time I came to New York
就是为了辨认芬的尸体
was to identify Finn's body.
这次出庭作证 是第二次
This is my second time.
我
And I...
我不清楚他要怎么生存
I wasn't sure how he was gonna do it,
怎么负担在这生活的巨额开支
how he was going to pay for it.
但他只是不断在劝我放下忧虑
But he kept telling me not to worry about it.
我尽力照他说的做了
So I... I tried my best not to.
我能感觉到他陷入了爱河
And I sensed that he was in love.
所以我想 他在这里并非孤单一人
So... I knew he wasn't here alone.
丹佛女士
Mrs. Danford,
您的儿子也是事故的逝者
your son died.
但您并未以当事人身份上讼
But you're not a party to this litigation.
您能告知陪审团缘由吗
Can you please tell the jury why?
因为我不认为这是那女孩的错
Because I don't think it's that girl's fault.
我很抱歉
I'm sorry. I mean, I...
我们素昧平生
I know we've never met,
我们都为人父母 痛失深爱的子女
and I know we both lost our children.
但我打心里
But in my heart of hearts, I-I...
不觉得这惨剧的恶果应由那女孩背负
I just don't think that girl had anything to do with it.
反对 法官大人
Objection, Your Honor.
证人的陈述基于其个人推断
The witness is offering speculation as testimony
并存在直接对话原告的行为
and is addressing the plaintiff directly.
丹佛女士 请用您理解下的实然
Please, Mrs. Danford, just answer the lawyer's questions
来回答律师的问题
with the facts as you understand them.
并且不要直接对话原告
And don't address the plaintiff directly.
抱歉
I apologize.
所以 丹佛女士
So, Mrs. Danford,
您认为谁该为您儿子的离世负责
who do you think is responsible for your son's death?
我不认为这是任何人的责任
I'm not sure anyone's responsible.
那只像是一场意外
It seems like it was an accident.
若一定要追究责任
I mean, if you're gonna hold anyone responsible, maybe...
或许要找建筑检查员
it's the building inspectors.
但他们已提醒过这是危房♥了
But then they said the building was dangerous.
他们下令封锁大楼 也彻底执行了
They ordered it locked. It was locked.
所以或许归责于政客吧
So maybe it's the politicians.
"政客"指什么
What do you mean by "The politicians"?
政♥府♥
The government.
他们本该履行职责
The people who are supposed to make sure
确保每个人都能在这座城市觅及安居之所
this city is a place where everyone can live,
无论贫富
not just rich people.
法官大人 出于对丹佛夫人的尊重
Your Honor, I have withheld my initial objections
我将最初的反对意见按下不表
out of respect for Mrs. Danford.
但很显然 辩方已决意如此申辩
But, clearly, the defense is determined to go down this road.
我不得不质疑这些回答究竟与案件有何关联
So I have to ask how any of this is relevant to the issue at hand.
质疑有效
Objection sustained.
帕默先生
Mr. Palmer,
还有想问的吗
anything else?
丹佛女士 最后一个问题
So, one last time, Mrs. Danford,
您是否认为我的当事人应对您儿子的死负责
do you think that my client is responsible for your son's death?
不
No.
事实上 从她身上
In fact, I look at her
我看到了我儿子的影子
and I see my son.
她和大家的处境并无不同
She was in the same boat as the rest of them,
她已经尽力了
just doing the best she could.
虽然做了些不明智的选择 但
Maybe making some unwise choices, but...
她没有任何恶意
she meant no ill will towards anyone.
她只是想给大家提供一个栖身之所
She was just trying to put a roof over people's heads.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表