剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
and I decided to just go in and talk to someone.
我就决定直接走进去 找人谈谈
So I went to the rental office,
所以我去了租♥房♥♥处
I told them who I was and why I was there,
我说了我是谁 为什么来
and they pulled out this report they had on me.
然后他们就拿出了那份关于我的报告
A report like this?
像这样的报告
Uh-huh. I think that's the exact one, actually.
对的 这就是原本
Uh, yeah. That's my name on it.
是的 我的名字就在上面
I'd like to submit into evidence
我请求把这份由LDI公♥司♥制♥作♥的
this Potential Resident Background Report
对安吉拉·达维斯的
on Angela Davidson generated by the LDI Corporation
潜在居民背景调查报告纳入证据
concurrent to her application for an apartment
该报告与她申请公♥寓♥时间一致
at the address so indicated.
地址也一致
So entered.
同意纳入
Will you please put this up on the camera for the jury to see?
请你把报告放到摄像机前供陪审团查看
You may continue.
请继续
What did the document say?
文件上说什么
Well, you can see it.
你也能看见
It said I had been found guilty of domestic assault
上面说在蒙大拿州的比林斯
in Billings, Montana,
我被判犯有家庭暴♥力♥罪
and of selling methamphetamine in Austin, Texas,
在德州的奥斯汀贩卖♥♥兴♥奋♥剂♥
and of driving without a license in Salt Lake City.
且在盐湖城无证驾驶
And then there were a ton of other minor drug charges.
还有很多向未成年贩卖♥♥毒品的指控
So you got the answer to your question.
那你找到答案了
I mean, clearly, that's the reason
显然 是因为这些原因
why they were unwilling to rent you the apartment.
他们才不愿意把房♥屋租给你
Clearly. The only problem is,
是的 但问题是
is I've never been to any of those places.
我从未到过这些地方
And I've certainly never been involved
我从未
in committing a crime of any kind.
犯过任何罪
So you've never been accused of domestic assault?
所以你从未被指控犯家庭暴♥力♥罪
No, I have not.
没有
And you've never sold methamphetamine
你也从未在德州的奥斯汀
in Austin, Texas? I've never sold
卖♥♥兴♥奋♥剂♥ 我从没
any drug anytime, anywhere.
在任何地方贩过毒
I'm an elementary school vice principal
我是一所小学的副校长
in the Staten Island public school system, and...
在斯塔顿岛的公立学校任职
Never been pulled over for driving without a license, or...
从未因为无证驾驶被拦下...
Your Honor,
法官大人
the defense is fully prepared
被告已经准备好
to stipulate that all notations on this particular report
讲明在这个报告中
referencing Ms. Davidson's brush with the law
关于达维斯女士的违法行为
were included in error.
均属不实
Mr. Benjamin, do you agree to such a stipulation?
本杰明先生 你同意吗
We do, Your Honor.
我们同意 法官大人
Then please ask your next question.
请问你的下个问题
Actually, we have no further questions
其实 此次对证人
for this witness at this time.
我们没有其它问题了
Of course he doesn't. What he does have
当然了 他还有
are five more witnesses waiting who are all gonna tell
五个证人可以问 他们都准备了
the same sort of story.
同一套说辞
You ever heard of that thing
你有没有听说过
where you go to a basketball game
你去看一场篮球赛
and five or ten minutes into it you realize you're sitting
看了五到十分钟才发现
in the wrong bleachers on the wrong side of the court?
你坐错了观众席
He's doing it for us, you know.
他是为我们做的
It costs Bull
这花了布尔很多钱
a fortune to keep paying us and make the rent
才能在疫情期间给我们工资
during the pandemic.
还要支付房♥租
He needed a paying client.
他需要能付钱的客户
We needed a paying client.
我们也需要能付钱的客户
Good morning, Ms. Davidson.
早上好 达维斯女士
Thank you for coming in and testifying this morning.
感谢您能来作证
You don't need to thank me.
你不用谢我
I'm not doing it for you.
我也不是为你来的
Oh. Okay.
好吧
Now, Ms. Davidson,
达维斯女士
after you were denied the apartment you wanted,
在被你想租的公♥寓♥拒绝之后
would you please tell the court
您能否告诉法♥院♥
what happened after you contacted my client,
您联♥系♥我的客户
LDI Corporation,
LDI公♥司♥之后
and shared your experience with them?
发生了什么
It took a number of phone calls and a lot of work on my part
我打了很多电♥话♥ 费了很大功夫
convincing them that they had made a mistake.
说服他们这是个错误
But once you convinced them...
您说服他们之后
They purged all the incorrect items from my file.
他们就把这些错误从我的文档里清除了
And did you ultimately find an apartment?
您最终找到了公♥寓♥吗
I did.
我找到了
And are you happy there?
您在那住得开心吗
Objection. Relevance.
反对 与本案无关
I promise the relevance will become obvious
我保证相关性
very soon, Your Honor.
很快会现身的 法官大人
It better. Objection overruled.
最好是 反对无效
Witness will answer the question.
证人请回答
I'm happy.
我很开心
I suspect I would have been happier
但我想如果我住在原来那间公♥寓♥
in the apartment I was denied, but...
我会更开心 但是
I guess we'll never know.
我们再也不会知道了
Do you feel safe there?
您在那住得安全吗
Of course. I wouldn't live there if I didn't.
当然 如果不安全我也不会在那住
Ah. Are you aware that the building
您知道您现在
you're living in now also subscribes
所住的公♥寓♥
to the LDI Corporation's service?
也认♥购♥了LDI公♥司♥的服务吗
No. I wasn't aware.
我不知道
Nor do I care.
我也不在乎
Are you aware of any drug dealers
据你所知 那栋楼里
that live in the building?
有毒贩吗
I'm sorry, I-I didn't hear an answer.
抱歉 我没听到答案
I'm not aware of any drug dealers in my building.
我不知道我住的楼里有毒贩
But I'm not someone who purchases or uses illegal drugs,
但我既不贩毒也不吸毒
so I'm probably not the best person to ask.
所以可能我不适合回答这个问题
You have a child.
您有孩子
Are you aware of any pedophiles, any known sex offenders
您知道您住的楼里
that live in your building?
有恋童癖 或是性侵者吗
No, I'm not.
我不知道
What if I told you one of the ways your landlord
请您设想
keeps those kinds of dangerous people
您的房♥东就是用LDI公♥司♥
from living in your building is by using the same types
提供的筛选工具
of screening tools that LDI provides?
防止这些危险的人进入的
I'm sorry, what is the question?
抱歉 问题是什么
Objection. There is no question.
反对 没有提问
Counsel is testifying.
律师自作证明
Objection sustained.
反对有效
Jurors will ignore counsel's remark.
陪审员请无视律师的言论
Let's ask a question, Mr. Colón.
请问问题 科隆先生
Actually, I have no further questions, Your Honor.
我没有问题了 法官大人
Fantastic. Mr. Benjamin, call your next witness.
好的 本杰明先生 传下一个证人
Will you tell the court your name, sir?
您可以说一下您的名字吗 先生
Lincoln James.
林肯·詹姆斯
So, wait,
等等
you're not Lincoln Jameison
您不是林肯·杰姆森
of Grand Rapids? No.
大急流城的居民 不是
And you're not Lincoln Jaimes...
您也不是林肯·杰姆斯
JAIMES? No.
杰 姆 斯 不是
And you're not...
您也不是
Willie Jam, otherwise known as Willie Jay
威利·杰姆 也称威利·杰
or Willie JayJay? No, I'm not.
或是威利·杰杰 不是
And I'm betting the five different evictions
我猜由于LDI调查报告
attributed to you on your LDI report
导致您已被驱逐五次
that resulted in you not getting an apartment...
让您无法在曼哈顿区找到合适的住所
Any apartment
一间也没有
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表