剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
我知道
I know.
嘿
Well, hello there.
你和电脑聊上了
Striking up a conversation with your computer?
不 不
No, no.
我找到了一些东西
I just found something.
应该是某种隐藏目录
I think it's some sort of hidden directory.
完全没出现在他们的网站地图上
It doesn't appear on any of their sitemaps.
无论是什么 他们肯定不想让任何人看到它
Whatever it is, they certainly didn't want anyone to see it.
我需要通过四道内部防火墙才能进去
I had to get through four internal firewalls to get here.
进去了
We're in.
天哪
My God,
他们藏了多少资料
how many files are they hiding?
很多
Dozens.
系统无法找到规定路径
- 东西去哪了 - 该死
- Where'd they go? - Shipwreck.
系统无法找到规定路径
- 东西去哪了 - 该死
- Where'd they go? - Shipwreck.
他们转移了资料
They moved them.
他们的系统肯定发现我了
Their system must have detected me.
启动了某种自动的应对程序
It's released some sort of automatic countermeasure.
听起来不太妙
That doesn't sound good.
确实
It isn't.
他们在反回来追踪我
They're following me back out.
可能会在我们的系统里装上什么恶意软件
Probably to plant some sort of malware on our system.
我得在他们追踪到之前抹除记录
I've got to erase our trail before it gets to...
你刚刚说了什么
What was that that you said before?
该死
Oh, shipwreck.
好的 谢谢 玛丽莎
Great. Thanks, Marissa.
是什么好消息
What's the good word?
没有好消息
There is no good word.
我们需要的证据
The evidence we need...
在线上存在
Exists online.
但很明显 我们的系统崩溃了 所以我们无法拿到它
But, apparently, our systems are down, so we can't retrieve it.
根据丹尼和泰勒所说
And according to Danny and Taylor,
这不是巧合
that is not a coincidence.
总共加起来
So, all told,
布雷斯代实验室在普鲁特博士参与的研究中
Bressadyne Labs invested more than six years
投入了超过六年
and close to $37 million
将近3700万美元
in the research that Dr. Pruitt... participated in.
兰瑟博士 你称其为
Dr. Latham, you called it
"普鲁特博士参与的研究"
"The research Dr. Pruitt participated in."
我对你的遣词很感兴趣
I'm curious about your choice of words.
很明显 你并不认为那是属于普鲁特博士的研究
Clearly, you don't think of that as Dr. Pruitt's research.
不 我绝不会那样想
No. It would never occur to me to think of it that way.
研究属于那些
The research belongs to the people
付出资金使研究得以实现的人
who paid to make it possible.
就像一个修理工在修你的车
It's like a... mechanic fixing your car
然后决定把车开回家
and then deciding to drive it home
因为他们突然觉得他们拥有这辆车
because they suddenly think they own it.
我的问题问完了 法官阁下
No further questions, Your Honor.
早上好 兰瑟博士
Good morning, Dr. Latham.
我说的是不是对的
Now, isn't it true
你原来招募普鲁特博士时
that when you originally recruited Dr. Pruitt,
你说你需要他在你的队伍里
you said you needed him on your team
因为你认为
because you considered him to be
他是世界上最顶尖的帕金森病的研究人员
the world's top Parkinson's researcher?
是的
I did.
我现在也这么认为
And I do.
普鲁特博士一直以来 做出了许多最前沿的研究
Dr. Pruitt has always done really cutting-edge work.
确实是这样
Uh, he has, hasn't he?
你还记得去年的三月二十七号♥
A-And do you recall a conversation you had
你和普鲁特博士有过一场对话
with Dr. Pruitt on March 27th of last year,
他告知你 他在帕金森病
where he informed you of a major breakthrough he had
治疗方法的传输机制上有了重大突破
with the transport mechanism of his Parkinson's cure?
我记得 虽然我不认为那是一个
I do. Although I wouldn't characterize it
重要的突破
as a major breakthrough.
是吗
Really?
我这样理解是不是对的
Let me see if I understand this.
普鲁特博士解决了一个问题
Dr. Pruitt solves a problem
这个问题已经困扰了全世界的研究人员好多年
that has been vexing researchers all over the world for years,
但你却不认为那是一个重要突破
and you don't consider that to be a major breakthrough?
不
No.
不是这样的
Not really.
这个传输机制
The transport mechanism
只是一个更大的
is simply a component of a much larger
更加复杂的系统的一小部分
and much more complicated system.
我理解普鲁特博士感到很激动
Now, I understood Dr. Pruitt's excitement.
但他的所谓突破
But his so-called breakthrough
根本不构成一种治疗方法的发现
hardly constituted the discovery of a cure.
这样说的话 我们的研究员
I mean, you'd be shocked at how many times a week
一星期里能有无数次"重要突破"
one of our researchers comes to me with a "Major breakthrough."
心理上 我理解
Uh, psychologically, I understand
他们想要庆祝他们的微小进展
they need to celebrate the little bits of progress.
而我认为那是因为 通往真正成功的道路上
And I expect that's because the path to real success
充满了无数挫折
is filled with so many setbacks.
我们的职业就是如此
But that's the... nature of what we do.
我懂了 但有个地方我不明白
I see, but here's the part I don't understand.
在普鲁特博士 这个你刚刚作证
Only weeks after Dr. Pruitt, the man you just testified
是世界顶尖的帕金森病研究者的人
you consider to be the world's top Parkinson's researcher,
做出了他的"微小进展"后
uh, made his "Bit of progress,"
你削减了他百分之八十三的员工
you reduced his staff by 83%
同时砍掉了差不多的预算
and slashed his budget by about the same amount.
听起来
I mean, it sounds like
你尝试将他的微小进展
you were trying to turn his bit of progress
转化为一个重大挫折
into a major setback.
你觉得呢
Wouldn't you agree?
我不这么认为
No. I wouldn't.
布雷斯代实验室是一家很大的公♥司♥
Bressadyne Labs is a very large company.
帕金森病患者是我们的
Parkinson's is one of 14 major drug groups
十四个主要患者群体之一
that make up our firm.
我们要将这笔资金用于
We needed to shift that funding
其它处于紧要关头的
to other pharmaceutical initiatives
制药项目
that were at more critical junctures.
也就是说
Projects that were on the cusp
那些有较大进展的项目
of greater progress, if you will.
当时正是这样
And that's what we did.
所以这是个财务决策
So this was a financial decision?
当然
Absolutely.
我们做的是救人生意
We might be in the business of saving lives,
但我们还是生意人
but we're still a business.
那就有趣了
You know, that's really interesting,
因为根据披露程序中
because according to the documents
你方移交的文件
you handed over in discovery,
在你做出这些决定前
you didn't do any financial forecasts
并没有对普鲁特博士的工作
with regards to Dr. Pruitt's work
进行任何财务预测
before making these decisions.
- 我... - 实际上
- Well... - In fact,
近十个月 你都没有
you haven't performed any financial analysis
对他的工作做财务分♥析♥
of his work in ten months.
碰巧
Well, as it happens,
我们公♥司♥财务部门最近很忙
our accounting department is backed up lately.
员工居家工作 没有辅助人员
People working from home, no support staff.
但有时
But... sometimes...
有些你已经知道的事情
sometimes you don't need a spreadsheet
不需要用电子表格来说明
to tell you what you already know...
我们必须做出这个艰难的决定
That a tough decision has to be made.
我向你保证 普鲁特博士所谓的突破
I promise you, Dr. Pruitt's supposed breakthroughs
主要是理论上的
were primarily theoretical,
而我们也有真实紧迫的实际原因
and we had very real and very pressing,
需要进行转移资金
practical reasons for moving the funding.
你大可这样说
If you say so.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表