剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
I see.
知道了
And were you able to determine
那你能确定
if any of the boxes were missing?
是否有箱子丢失了吗
Excuse me? Well, the,
你说什么 那些
uh... the-the boxes.
那些箱子
The gift boxes.
那些礼物箱
Certainly it crossed your mind
你肯定想过
that this might have been an attempted robbery.
这可能是一场抢劫未遂案吧
You wouldn't just leap to the idea
你不会直接认定
that my client did this without exploring
是我的委托人干的 而没有探究
every other possibility, now, would you?
其他的可能性吧
The witness will answer the question.
证人请回答问题
That's all right, Your Honor.
不必了 法官大人
I'll ask another.
我再换个问题
Detective, how would you describe
探员先生 你会如何描述
the neighborhood where Riverstone is located?
流石教堂所处的社区呢
How do you mean?
什么意思
Well, would you regard it as a safe neighborhood,
你认为那是一个安全的社区
a somewhat unsafe neighborhood, a dangerous neighborhood?
不怎么安全的社区 还是危险的社区呢
Somewhere between unsafe and dangerous, I suppose.
在不怎么安全和危险之间吧
Hmm. Detective, were you aware that statistically,
探员先生 您知道 从统计数据上看
the neighborhood where Riverstone is located
流石教堂所在的社区就处在
sits at the bottom ten percent of New York City neighborhoods
纽约市犯罪率和安全性排名的
for crime and safety?
倒数百分之十吗
Objection. Relevance?
反对 有什么关联性
Seems completely relevant to me.
在我看来 很有关联性
Overruled.
反对无效
Witness will answer the question.
证人请回答问题
Yes. I'm aware of that.
是的 我知道
And yet you never investigated this as an attempted robbery?
尽管如此 你还是从未将此案当成一起抢劫未遂做调查吗
Once I noticed the blood on the shoes, I-I knew that...
一看到那双鞋上的血 我就知道...
Isn't it possible
那么这桩谋杀案
that this murder was committed by a random assailant?
有没有可能就是一个随机的凶手所犯
And not somebody that Mrs. Wright even knew?
而并非怀特夫人认识的人呢
O-Objection. Calls for speculation.
反对 这是在要求证人推测
Counselor's badgering the witness.
辩方律师在纠缠证人
Uh, that's all right, Your Honor.
好吧 法官大人
I withdraw the question.
我收回我的问题
Nothing further.
我问完了
We're close to lunch. Let's take a one-hour recess.
午饭时间 休庭一小时
Dr. Bull.
布尔博士
You look exactly like your picture on the Internet.
您本人跟网上的照片一模一样
Richard Newhouse. I'm the church's operations manager.
我叫理查德·纽豪斯 我是教堂的运营经理
Close friend of Liam's.
也是连姆的密友
Ah, Mr. Newhouse.
纽豪斯先生
This is Pastor Liam's attorney
这位是连姆牧师的律师
Benjamin Colón. Nice to meet you.
我叫本杰明·科隆 很高兴见到你
Didn't realize they don't let the public inside anymore.
没想到法庭不允许旁听了
COVID thing, I guess.
疫情的原因 我猜
So, how's it going in there?
所以 进展如何了
Well, we're not really at liberty to discuss it
没有连姆的同意
without Liam's permission, but frankly,
我们不可以和你讨论案情 能告诉你的是
we're still very early on in the trial.
现在只是庭审早期阶段
Okay. I understand.
好的 我明白了
Just tell him I've been praying for him...
请告诉他 我一直在为他祷告
A lot of us have...
我们都在为他祷告
And that God's gonna get him through this.
上帝会帮他渡过难关的
I'll definitely pass it on.
我一定转达
You know, it's actually great to see some people
你作为他在教堂的朋友
from his church here.
能来法庭真是太好了
Any chance you'd consider
你能否考虑一下
being a character witness for Pastor Wright?
做怀特牧师的品德见证人呢
Are you kidding? I owe the man my life.
这还用问 我欠他一条命
Literally. He and Olivia paid for my pacemaker.
我没夸张 他和奥利维亚帮我付了心脏起搏器的钱
They've been with me through everything.
他们陪我渡过了所有难关
Just tell me when.
我随时愿意出庭
Well, we appreciate it.
感激不尽
Incoming.
过来了
Gentlemen, so glad I caught you. Updated witness list.
先生们 很高兴逮住你们了 证人列表已更新
Enjoy. Wait a minute.
慢慢看 等一下
You're calling a new witness right after lunch?
你要在午饭后立刻传唤一位新证人
How are we supposed to prepare?
那我们怎么准备
Sorry. She just came forward. I don't know what to tell you.
抱歉 她来找我的 我能说什么呢
So, who's Britney Lang?
那么 这个布瑞特尼·朗究竟是谁
The woman Olivia Wright was leaving your client for.
她是奥利维亚·怀特生前的情人
Have a good lunch.
午餐愉快
It would have been really helpful to know
如果你事先告诉我们奥利维亚也有婚外情
Olivia was seeing someone, Liam.
会对案子有很大帮助 连姆
I know.
我知道
I'm sorry. It's just...
对不起 只是...
I felt it wasn't my story to tell.
我觉得这不是我该说的
Olivia kept it private while she was alive.
既然奥利维亚生前选择保守这个秘密
I didn't think it was my place to...
我觉得我不能...
We respect your integrity, Liam.
我们敬佩你的正直 连姆
We really do.
真的
But how do we explain this? How do you explain this?
但我们要怎么解释这段关系呢 你怎么解释
You have to understand,
请你理解
Olivia and I, we-we grew up together in a tiny town
奥利维亚和我...我们在奥尔巴尼外的
outside of Albany.
一个小镇上长大
Everything revolved around the church.
那里的一切都与教堂有关
My-my father was pastor,
我的父亲是个牧师
the values were very traditional.
他非常传统
Being gay, it just didn't exist.
做同性恋是不可能的事
And then, one night, when I was 16,
然后 我十六岁的一天晚上
I found Olivia, my best friend,
我发现我最好的朋友奥利维亚
sitting in a... used car her dad bought her for her birthday,
坐在她父亲送给她当生日礼物的二手车里大哭
crying her eyes out in the church parking lot.
车就停在教堂的停车位上
She told me she didn't understand why,
她告诉我她想不通
but boys just left her cold.
男孩子们提不起她的性趣
Girls on the other hand,
而女孩们则不同
just as she was falling asleep,
每晚睡前
that's what she'd be thinking about.
她想的都是女孩子
I will never forget that moment.
我永远也忘不了那个时刻
'Cause all I felt was relief.
我终于松了口气
I wasn't alone.
原来不只有我这样
My father died a few years later.
几年后我父亲去世了
I became pastor.
我成为了牧师
I was good at it.
我做得不错
And Olivia had
奥利维亚她
such an amazing gift for connecting with people.
很擅交际
I... No one ever actually said it,
我... 虽没有明文规定
but there was an expectation in our church
但是在我们的教堂
that the pastor should be married,
大家都希望牧师能结婚
and so, that's what Olivia and I did.
于是 奥利维亚和我做了这件事
Okay, but that was 20 years ago.
好 但那是二十年前的事了
You've had time to reconsider.
你们结婚这么久
People do get divorced.
没有像其他人那样 想过离婚吗
I wasn't lying when I said we spent years praying.
我说过 我花了很多年的时间在祈祷上
We did. For each other.
我们一起为彼此祈祷
And-and when we finally accepted who we were, it just...
当我们终于接受现实的时候
...it felt too late.
已经太晚了
I mean, the church had gotten so big.
教堂的影响力越来越大
People relied on us, they looked up to us.
我们是人们的希望和依靠
We-we thought if we cou... If we could just sacrifice
我们觉得也许...也许为了流石教堂
a little bit of our own happiness for Riverstone,
我们可以牺牲一点点自己的幸福
then maybe we could...
那我们也许能...
We understand.
我们明白了
You should make your way back to the courtroom.
你该回法庭了
Ms. Lang.
朗女士
You contacted my office,
你联♥系♥了我的办公室
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表