剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
丹佛女士 谢谢您
Thank you, Mrs. Danford.
我没有别的问题了
No further questions.
我感觉他们要倒戈了
I feel them slipping away.
丹尼启程没
Is Danny en route?
还要二十分钟
20 minutes away.
那么
So,
当瑞吉·柯瑞文指出天花板上的凹陷时
when Reggie Craven pointed out the bowing in the ceiling,
你有采取措施吗
how did you react?
坦率地说
Honestly?
我只是想着
I thought...
"这样啊"
"Okay."
"你指望我能做什么"
And, "What would you like me to do about it?"
我没有意识到那是安全隐患
I didn't think that it was dangerous,
只是... 挺丑的
just kind of... ugly.
说实话 整个地方都挺难看
And truthfully, the whole place was ugly.
到处都是水渍
There were water stains everywhere.
地板也凹凸不平
The floor was uneven.
每晚都在穿堂的刺骨凉风里入眠
And you could feel the wind whip through every night.
我更担心的是
I was much more worried that...
邻居们发现我们在偷他们的电
the neighbors would realize that we were stealing their electricity,
担心暖气会断掉
and the space heaters would turn off.
我更担心
I was much more worried
街上的咖啡店和街角酒店
that the coffee shop and the hotel down the street
越发警惕我们
were getting smart to us
不再允许我们使用它们的卫生间
and would stop letting us use their bathrooms.
但... 住那不用钱
But, I mean... it was free,
我们能有地方画画
and we had space to paint
能雕刻
and sculpt...
能安睡
and sleep.
诺尔斯小姐 谢谢你
Thank you, Miss Knowles.
我没有别的问题了
No further questions.
午安 诺尔斯小姐
Good afternoon, Miss Knowles.
午安
Good afternoon.
在瑞吉·柯瑞文指出你们头顶上
You know, it never crossed your mind after Reggie Craven
屋顶凹陷之后
pointed out what was going on above your head that maybe...
你有没有想过要搬离那里呢
you know, you should get the hell out of there?
大概我太蠢了
I guess I'm stupid.
没有 我真的没想过
No. It never occurred to me.
大概我心知肚明 离开后我们都将无家可归
Maybe because I knew that none of us had anywhere else to go.
法官大人 我想请求法庭允许
Your Honor, with the court's permission,
原告方添加新证
the plaintiffs would like to enter into evidence,
即我手中的一系列简讯记录
a series of text messages:
节选于诺尔斯小姐和两位受害人
Part of a group text between Miss Knowles
和两位受害人之间的群聊信息
and the two victims.
法官大人 这不是第一次了
Your Honor, again?
当事人未在审判前知悉将提出的证供
这是伏击审讯
This is trial by ambush!
未经法庭质证的证据不能作为法♥院♥裁判的依据
这难道不违反采信证据规则吗
Now, why is this not a violation
未经法庭质证的证据不能作为法♥院♥裁判的依据
科隆先生
of the rules of discovery, Mr. Colón?
未经法庭质证的证据不能作为法♥院♥裁判的依据
确实 这都是我的过失 法官大人
Truthfully, this is all my mistake, Your Honor.
我昨天才想起要
It did not dawn on me to ask to see
检查已故沃特斯小姐的手♥机♥
the late Miss Waters's cell phone until yesterday.
耗时较久 我的调查员刚刚才将其解锁
And it's taken from then until now for my investigator
并发现了部分聊天信息
to unlock her phone and uncover the messages
接下来我将为你们呈堂展示
I'm about to share with you.
为造成的不便 我深刻致歉
I apologize, and I'm happy to go about it
并愿意遵循法庭提出的任何处理方式
in any way that pleases the court.
但我想 陪审团一定会希望
But I do think the jury's gonna want to hear
能听到这部分证据
the evidence I'm about to offer.
行家呀
He's good, isn't he?
难道我们就该盲目相信科隆先生
And are we supposed to just take Mr. Colón's word for it
所谓的真实信息记录吗
that these texts are genuine?
正如我方所说 这是在克莱尔 她男朋友芬
As I mentioned a moment ago, this is a three-way conversation
诺尔斯小姐之间发生的一段三方对话
between Claire, her boyfriend Finn, and Miss Knowles.
律师的职责之一 便是联♥系♥当事人
All counsel has to do is reach out
并要求查看其手♥机♥
to his client and ask to see her cell phone.
尽管我很想立即询问她
Although I fully intend on asking her in a minute
是否记得发送和接收这些信息
if she remembers sending and receiving those messages.
因为我不知道你此举的目的 律师先生
Since I don't know where you're going, Counsel,
且诺尔斯小姐是我们的最后一位证人
and since Miss Knowles is scheduled as our final witness,
我唯一的选择就是让你继续
I feel I have no real choice but to let you proceed.
但是 科隆先生
But, Mr. Colon,
我提前警告你
be forewarned,
如果你逾越了法律规范
if you stray outside the lines of legal propriety,
我会马上提起诉讼的 你反都反应不过来
I will cite you so fast it will make your head spin.
明白 法官阁下 谢谢你
Understood, Your Honor. Thank you.
那么 诺尔斯小姐
Now, Miss Knowles...
这是一条你发送给
this here is a text message you sent
克莱尔·沃特斯和芬·丹佛的短♥信♥
to Claire Waters and Finn Danford
时间是在他们搬进仓库前
before they moved into the warehouse.
现在能请你把它读出来吗
Now, would you please read it to the court?
"嘿 克莱尔 芬
"Hey, Claire and Finn.
我决定把我的床搬到其他地方去
"I've decided I'm moving my bed to a different part of the loft.
你们睡在我原来的位置上吧
"I want you to sleep where I've been.
那里离大家都有段距离
"It's far away from everyone else,
你们俩能有点独处的空间"
and it will give the two of you some privacy."
你是否记得发送了这条短♥信♥
You remember sending that?
记得
Yeah. I do.
让我想想
Let me try to understand this.
你一直睡在凹陷的屋顶下方
You'd been sleeping underneath the bulge in the ceiling,
但在瑞吉·柯瑞文警告了你之后
but after Reggie Craven warned you about it,
你搬走了你的床 并把那个地方
you moved your bed and offered that spot
推荐给了我客户的女儿和她对象
to my client's daughter and her boyfriend.
是的 但...
That's true, but...
但是什么
But what?
你发现你有生命危险
You discovered your life was in danger,
便以另外两人为代价保护自己
and you protected yourself at the expense of two other people.
反对 律师是在纠缠证人
Objection. Counsel is badgering the witness.
反对驳回
Overruled.
- 证人请回答 - 这就是事实
- The witness shall answer. - That is what happened,
不是吗
isn't it?
我搬走了床
I made the move
是因为他们是情侣
because they were a couple.
而那个位置是离大家
And it was the sleeping space that was the furthest
最远的地方
from everybody else.
就这么简单
It was as simple as that.
我并不知道之后
I didn't know that there was gonna be
会有那么一场大雨
a torrential rainstorm.
我不知道屋顶会塌下来
I didn't know that the roof was gonna cave in.
我只是想做个好人
I was just trying to be nice.
可能是吧 也可能不是
Maybe you did and maybe you didn't.
这交给陪审团来判断
But that is for the jury to decide.
我问完了 法官大人
Nothing further, Your Honor.
本尼主宰了法庭
Benny owned that courtroom.
他是老手了
He's been at it a long time.
那些戏剧化的表演 那些时机
All the theatrics, the timing,
说什么"我们刚发现证人如何如何"
the "We just found this witness,"
"我们刚发现这个证据"
"We just found this evidence."
他决定了审判的重心
He made that what the trial was about.
我们的工作是打赢就行
The job is to win.
是呀...
Yeah, well...
感觉就是不太对
It just doesn't seem right.
什么意思
How do you mean?
如果艾芙琳输了 如果本尼的客户输了
If Evelyn loses, if his client loses,
她的生活几乎不会发生什么变化
practically nothing changes in her life.
她会回到家躺进那张睡了二十年的
She gets to go home to the same 800-thread-count sheet
八百针舒适床单里
she's been sleeping in for the past two decades.
但如果莉莉输了 如果我们的客户输了
But if Lily loses, if our client loses,
所有事情都不一样了
everything changes.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表