剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
我们必须弄清楚到底怎么回事
I think we need to see where this goes.
反对无效
Overruled.
你举着的那块砖...
The brick that you're holding...
上面写着什么
there's some writing on it?
你可以念一下吗
Would you please read what it says?
上面写着"别再躲了杰瑞米"
It says, "Stop Hiding Jeremy."
这句话你们耳熟吗
And are you familiar with that expression?
当然
I certainly am.
"别再躲了杰瑞米"是每天晚上
"StopHidingJeremy" was the hashtag
马布莱让她的观众给杰瑞米发的推特标签
McBride told her audience to tweet to Jeremy every night.
你还好吗
You okay?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
在法庭听审一定很难
Well, that had to be hard to listen to in there.
我还好
Oh. Well, I'm fine.
我知道 陪审团也看见了
I know, and I think the jury sees,
她很难受
that this is very difficult for her.
她主动让他住进家里
She invited him into her house.
走进她的生活
She invited him into her life.
现在她女儿去世了 所以她朝我发脾气
And now her daughter is dead, so she's lashing out at me.
就像经典教材写的一样
It's-it's kind of classic textbook.
你不觉得吗
Don't you think?
你不同意吗
Oh. Do you disagree?
不管怎样 我听到的不一样
Well, for what it's worth, that's not what I heard.
我听到她描述了...
I heard her communicate...
你的节目 可以说是很重大地
and rather effectively, I might add...
影响到了她的生活
the impact your show had on her life.
以及她丈夫生前的生活
And, by extension, her late husband's life.
这是他们听到的
That is what they heard.
不要搞混了 麦德林
Let's not confuse things, Madeline.
陪审团不是来追究她丈夫的罪责的
Jury's not here to litigate her late husband's guilt.
他们是来追究你的
They're here to litigate yours.
我是无辜的
I'm guilty of nothing.
我没有杀人
I've killed no one.
我只是使用了第一修正案的权利
All I've done is exercise my First Amendment rights,
上次我确认的时候 那不算犯法
and, um, last time I checked, that's not a crime.
所以 你别搞混了
So, don't you confuse things.
别忘了你是为谁辩护的
And don't forget who you're here to defend.
索拖博士 你可以告诉法庭
Dr. Soto, will you please tell the court
你的职业吗
what it is you do?
我是一名执业精神医师
I'm a licensed psychiatrist
在纽约工作
in the state of New York
在韦斯切斯特做私人治疗
and in private practice in Westchester County,
在他去世前 我们每周见一次面
and until his death, I saw Jeremy Brennan once a week
大概有四年了
for the past... just about four years.
你可不可以解释一下
And can you give the court some idea
过去四年你为什么
why you were seeing the late Mr. Brennan
和已故的布伦南先生见面
these past four years?
细节不多说了
Well, without going into too much detail,
布伦南先生来见我是因为
what brought Mr. Brennan into my office was his struggle
他患有广泛性焦虑
with issues involving generalized anxiety.
来自运营自己的公♥司♥的压力
The stresses involved with running your own business.
比较寻常的压力
Pretty run-of-the-mill stuff.
你可以谈谈
And can you talk about the impact
柯理的去世对他的影响吗
Kaylee's death had on him?
他垮掉了
He was, uh, shattered.
精神被摧毁了
Destroyed.
他想做妻子的精神支柱
Uh, wanted to be this strong anchor for his wife,
因为她被击垮了
who obviously was devastated,
可是他做不到 因此很羞愧
and felt ashamed that he couldn't do it.
他无法♥正♥常运转
Couldn't function.
然后就是责任的问题
And then there was the whole issue of responsibility.
翠西在上班 他在家里
Tracy was at work, he was at home.
按他的说法 他本可以
The way he explained it to me was, he could have
像往常一样 待在家里
just as easily been there, been at the house,
也许这事就不会发生
maybe stopped it from happening.
可是他出去骑车了
But he was riding his bike.
最后有次见面 他告诉我
At one of our last sessions, he told me
那是一次非常美妙的骑行
it was an incredibly beautiful ride.
那时他觉得非常愉快
And at the time, it gave him enormous pleasure.
他不明白
And he really had trouble understanding
他深爱的人那么痛苦
how he could experience so much pleasure
他怎么能感觉如此愉快
when someone he loved so deeply was experiencing so much horror.
法官大人 我们无意冒犯
Your Honor, we mean no disrespect,
可是这个证词好像
but it's hard to see the relevance
没什么相关性
of any of this testimony,
这些话与本案有什么相关呢
what bearing it has on the case at hand.
法官大人 我方认为有必要
Your Honor, we believe it's essential
让陪审团理解
for the jury to understand
布伦南先生在成为
Mr. Brennan's state of mind
马布莱女士的电视节目的主角之前
before Ms. McBride turned him
处于何种心理状况
into the focus of her broadcasts,
这样陪审团才更能理解她对他造成的影响
so they may better understand the impact she had on him.
我同意
I agree,
但我相信你已经做到了
but I feel confident that you've done that.
那么你的质询
If we could please
- 可以结束了吗 - 请法庭谅解
- move it forward. - Beg the court's pardon.
我还能问最后一个问题吗
If I could just ask one last question...
- 法官大人 - 关于
- Your Honor - about the day before
马布莱女士让他成为节目主角的前一天
Ms. McBride made him the centerpiece of her broadcasts?
最后一个
One.
简短点
But keep it brief.
在那个时候
During that period,
柯理死去之后
immediately after Kaylee's death
马布莱女士通过节目把他
but before Ms. McBride made him topic number one
置于舆♥论♥中心之前 他有自杀倾向吗
on her television show, did he seem at all to you suicidal?
作为他的医生
As his doctor,
那时你是否担忧他的安全
were you ever really concerned about his safety?
不会
No.
他很抑郁且愤怒
He was depressed. He was angry.
他睡不着吃不下
He couldn't sleep or eat.
但他非常清楚
But he was also very clear
他的妻子需要他
that he had to be there for his wife.
我懂了
I see. And after
那么在他被马布莱女士的节目提及之后呢
he was implicated by Ms. McBride?
那时我第一次看到了
That was the first time I saw
他逐渐形成的自杀倾向
anything even resembling suicidal ideation.
她每天晚上都在电视上
She was on television every night
暗示一些可怕的事情
implying awful things.
还有那些无休无止的推特
The unrelenting tweets.
大半夜打来的电♥话♥
The phone calls in the middle of the night.
扔进窗户的砖头
The brick through the window.
还有她想在他家门口搞示♥威♥
This rally she wanted to have across from his house.
我很后悔 当时我的建议太保守了
I wish I hadn't been so timid about it.
当时我真的应该
I wish I really had pushed
让他住院的
to have him hospitalized.
没有问题了 法官大人
Nothing further, Your Honor.
相关性与因果性
你好 索拖博士
Hello, Dr. Soto.
所以...
So...
你熟悉相关性这个概念吗
Are you familiar with the concept of correlation
人们经常把它和因果关系混淆
and how it's often confused with causation?
我熟悉这个概念
I'm familiar with it, yes.
即使马布莱女士的行为
That even if there is
和杰瑞米·布伦南的抑郁
a correlation between Ms. McBride's actions
之间有相关性 但这不能证明
and Jeremy Brennan's depression and mental distress,
它们二者是因果关系
well, that doesn't prove causation.
没人能确定为什么
No one knows for sure why Jeremy Brennan
杰瑞米·布伦南自杀了
did what he did.
你并不知道布伦南先生为什么自杀 对吧
You don't know why Mr. Brennan did what he did, do you?
证人请回答
The witness will answer
- 这个问题 - 没有关系
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表