剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
we'll make my office our workspace?
街景房♥吗 棒极了
Room with a view? Solid.
本尼 你不介意在这里办公吧
Benny, if you don't mind working down here?
我没意见
Works for me.
那好吧
All right.
特朗科 这是你的案子 你想怎么开始呢
All right, Chunk, it's your party. How do you want to start?
很显然 筛选陪审员是首要任务
Well, obviously, voir dire is the first order of business.
鉴于你比我经验丰富得多
Since you've done that a thousand more times than I have,
你认为诀窍是什么
what do you think the play is?
我们要找的陪审员 应该能认可
We need to find jurors who are open to the idea
莉莉无法控制当时发生的事情
that what happened was simply beyond Lily's control.
事实如此
Which it was.
没错 完美的情况是
That's right. In a perfect world,
选择意向主义者 排除结果论者
I'd want to seat intentionalists and deselect consequentialists.
麻烦用普通人的语言再解释一下
One more time, for those of us who don't speak PhD?
我们要的人 关注的不是结果如何
We want people who will focus not on what happened,
而是莉莉的本意
but Lily's intent.
也就是为志同道合的艺术家们创造一个居所
Which was to create housing for her fellow artists
建立社区意识
and build a sense of community.
我有一个问题
So I have a question.
克莱尔的男朋友也在那场事故中去世了
Claire's boyfriend died in the accident, too.
为什么他的父母没有参与这场诉讼
Why aren't his parents part of this lawsuit?
这个问题提得很好
That is an excellent question.
我去查
On it.
我们的控告是过失致人死亡
We are suing for wrongful death,
也就是说我们必须证明
which means we have to prove
莉莉明知自己把克莱尔带进了一个危险的境地
Lily knowingly brought Claire into a dangerous situation.
以我对布尔的了解 他会说服特朗科抗辩称
If I know Bull, he is gonna convince Chunk to argue
莉莉与其他非法居住者没什么不同
that Lily was no different than any of the other squatters,
她的罪责不比其他人多
that she's no more culpable than the rest of them,
实际上 她很可能跟艾芙琳的女儿那样
that in fact, she could have just as easily
被砸在那根横梁下
been underneath that beam as Evelyn's daughter.
他当然会那么做
Of course that's what he's gonna do.
你知道我奶奶是怎么说的吗
You know what my grandmother used to say?
"当你用食指指向别人时
"Be careful when you point a finger at someone.
还有三根指向了自己
You'll discover there's three fingers pointing back at you."
这么想的话 我们需要的是她那样的陪审员
Come to think of it, we need jurors like your grandmother.
那些认为 是莉莉这个女孩子 闯进了那栋建筑
People who think this Lily girl set everything into motion
还邀请其他人加入她 才引发了这一切
by breaking into that building and inviting others to join her.
自己违法 还邀请其他人加入
Breaking the law and inviting others to join her.
那些人 不仅会为自己的行为负责
People who take responsibility for their own actions
- 而且希望其他人也这么做 - 没错
- and expect others to do the same. - Yup.
我们得排除掉那些推诿责任的人
We need to get rid of anyone who plays the blame game.
早上好 女士们先生们
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
我来问大家一个问题
Okay. Let me ask you a question.
有没有谁对自己的工作不满意
Anybody here unhappy at work?
好吧 三号♥陪审员
All right. Juror number three,
从你开始吧
let's start with you.
你对自己的工作不满意
So, you are unhappy at your job?
这么说吧 我年轻时做了一些糟糕的选择
Well, let's just say I made some bad choices when I was younger.
我太热衷于派对 玩乐
I was too interested in partying, having fun.
我应该更加专注于学业
I should have focused more on school.
她有自知之明 为自己的错误负责
She's self-aware, takes responsibility for her flaws.
我喜欢她
I like her.
不因自己的生活现状责怪他人
Not blaming anyone else, for where she is in life.
听起来正是我们要找的人
Sounds like just the person we are looking for.
原告接受这位陪审员
This juror is acceptable to the plaintiff, Your Honor.
她正是他们要找的人
She's exactly who they're looking for.
法官大人 如果您允许
Your Honor, with your permission,
我们很感谢 同时要排除三号♥陪审员
we would like to thank and excuse juror number three.
在座的诸位 有谁在邻居出门度假的时候
Who here has ever offered to water your neighbor's plants,
曾自愿给他们的植物浇水或者帮他们收信吗
maybe take in their mail while they're on vacation?
十七号♥陪审员
Juror number 17.
年度好邻居 跟我们讲讲你的故事
Neighbor of the year. Tell us your story.
也没什么 我只是在几个星期前 答应了我的邻居
No story. I just agreed to feed my neighbor's cat
在他去泽西海岸的时候 帮他喂猫
when he went to the Jersey Shore a few weeks ago.
您可真友善啊
That was awfully nice of you.
那么请问 假设说
So let me, uh, ask you this hypothetical.
你在他的公♥寓♥里 喂猫的时候
You're-you're in the apartment, you're feeding the cat.
不小心打破了一个花瓶
You accidentally break a vase.
你会怎么做
What would you do?
我也不知道
Well, I don't know.
我是说...他知道是我做的吗
I mean... does he know I did it?
也许他会认为是猫踢翻的
Maybe the cat knocked it over.
好极了 这是个来搞笑的 泰勒
Great. We got a comedian. Taylor,
跟我说说
talk to me.
他是一位牙医 个体经营者
He's a dentist, sole practitioner.
还是一个登山狂
And an avid mountain climber.
好的 登山有助于理清思绪
Okay. That helps clarify things.
他是一个特立独行的人 也就是说
He's an individualist, which means
他会更倾向于相信
he'll be more likely to buy Benny's theory
本尼的个人责任理论
of personal responsibility.
我们想排除这位陪审员
We'd like to thank and excuse this juror.
那你呢
And what about you?
假如说你打破了花瓶
Let's say you broke the vase.
我肯定要提出赔偿
Well, then, I'd certainly offer to pay for it.
如果我暗自期待我的邻居说"没关系"
Now, would it make me a bad person if I secretly hope
我会是个坏人吗
my neighbor says, "Don't worry about it"?
不是 只要你愿意担责
No. As long as you're willing to step up.
法官大人 控告方接受这位陪审员
This juror is acceptable to the plaintiff, Your Honor.
我把她排除了吧
I'll kick her.
别丢了西瓜捡芝麻 因小失大
Let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.
我喜欢她的回答
I liked her answer.
她很诚实 诚实到有点过了
She was being honest almost to a fault.
泰勒
Taylor,
跟我说些这位女士的其他背景
tell me something I don't know about this lady.
她的照片墙满满的 图片里都是
Well, her Insta's filled with pictures of gifts she sends
她送给儿女和孙辈的生日礼物
to her kids and grandkids for their birthdays.
所有的东西都是手工制♥作♥的
Everything's homemade,
所有的东西都独特而有个性
everything individual and personalized.
我就知道
I knew it.
听起来她是个意向主义者
Sounds like she's an intentionalist.
这又是什么意思
What is that again?
这种人认为 行为的意图比结果
Someone for whom the intention of the deed is more important
- 更重要 - 可能她就是个小气鬼呢
- than the outcome. - It could also mean she's a cheapskate.
法官大人
Your Honor,
辩方也接受这位陪审员
this juror is also acceptable to the defense.
接受她
She is?
他有什么我们不知道的信息吗
What's he know that we don't know?
我不知道 他可是布尔
I don't know. He's Bull.
女士们先生们 我们的陪审团选好了
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our panel.
三十号♥陪审员
Juror number 30,
我任命你为首席陪审员
I am appointing you foreperson.
明天一早开始举证
Testimony begins first thing in the morning.
她睡了吗
She asleep?
你听到她的哭声了吗
Do you hear her crying?
没有
No.
一般来说这就是她睡着的标志
Well, that's usually the giveaway.
你知道为什么我一晚上都没
Do you have any idea why I haven't heard
收到我弟弟的消息吗
from my brother all night?
我给他发了短♥信♥ 打了电♥话♥
I mean, I've texted and I've called.
他好像失联了一样
It's as if he's off the grid.
他明天首先举证
He's up first tomorrow.
可能正在办公室整理他的案子
He's probably at the office putting together his case.
真的吗 都十一点多了
Really? It's after 11:00.
法律是一位残酷的情人
The law is a cruel mistress.
要是他还在办公室 你为什么回来了
If he's at the office, then why aren't you?
因为我和你一起
Because I'm here with you.
科隆先生
Mr. Colon,
你可以传唤你的第一位证人了
you may call your first witness.
好的 法官大人
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表