剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
我无法知道他们到底是什么情况
I really have no way of knowing.
所有的钱都会汇入
All the money went into a joint account
我和丈夫共有的一个共同账户
that my husband and I had together.
说实话 我从没关心过这个账户
Frankly, I almost never looked at it.
我甚至没查过一次余额
Never even checked the balance.
偶尔谈及 他都会说餐馆生意不错
When we'd talk, he'd say the restaurant was doing well.
没什么问题 他就是这么说的
We were doing well. That's all he said,
我也只需知道这些就行了
and that's all I needed to hear.
账单定期寄来
Bills would come in.
他负责签支票 也从未逾期支付
None of them were overdue. He wrote the checks.
所以我也没有多想过
I-I really didn't give it much thought.
谢谢 沃勒瑞恩夫人
Thank you, Mrs. Valerian.
法官大人 我没别的问题了
No further questions, Your Honor.
沃勒瑞恩夫人 你曾经在国土安♥全♥部♥
Mrs. Valerian, you worked as a senior-level analyst
做了九年的高级分♥析♥师 是吗
for Homeland Security for almost nine years, didn't you?
对
I did.
我想这份工作应当会使人深谙
That's one of those jobs where I have to believe
"细节决定成败"的真谛
that the devil is in the details.
你认同吗
Wouldn't you agree?
认同
I would.
大量的阅读 精细的文件审查眼光
Tons of reading. Scrutinizing documents.
严谨的调查思维
Tens of hours of research.
具备这些能力的你 却如今作证说
And yet you're testifying that you signed countless contracts,
你签署了无数的合同 发♥票♥ 支票 所有权转让书
invoices, checks, transfers of ownership
但甚至看都没看它们一眼
without ever once actually looking at them?
是
Yes.
所以我是不是可以认为 当你丈夫告诉你
And am I also to believe that your husband tells you
他要邀请来一个新合伙人
he's about to bring in a new partner
来帮他打理生意时 而你
to help run his business, and you...
即使手握你供职的
With all the resources of
庭审分♥析♥公♥司♥的海量资源
the Trial Analysis Corporation for whom you work,
即使拥有过去在国土安♥全♥部♥工作时
with all of your past friendships
积累起来的人脉
and relationships at Homeland Security...
还是没有对他做一点背景调查吗
Don't even bother to run a background check on this man?
是的
I did not.
对于你这样的背景 这似乎太不合理了
For a woman with your background, that seems rather unlikely.
你还要我怎么说
I don't know what to say.
那是我丈夫经营的餐厅
It-it was my husband's restaurant.
那是我丈夫的事业
It was my husband's thing.
我相信我的丈夫
I trusted my husband.
可能我是个傻子吧
Guess I'm a fool.
但我们曾结过婚啊 不 我们还是夫妻
We were married. I... We are married.
事实上 这是我们和彼此第二次
Married to each other for the second time,
踏入婚姻的殿堂
as a matter of fact.
除了放弃所有防备 爱还能是什么呢
What is love if not surrender?
而如果不是确信信任 我怎么会放下防备呢
And what is surrender if not the certainty of trust?
完全相信他将一直在背后支持你
The absolute belief that this other person always has your back,
而你也同样支持他
and you always have theirs?
你在答非所问
You're not answering my question.
我在努力
I'm trying.
我们第二次结婚时
When we got married for the second time,
我想我一定要努力让他知道这次可以到永远
I felt I needed to show him that this time was forever.
所以我把我公♥寓♥的一半...
So I signed over half of my condominium...
这是目前我最珍贵的财产
By far my most valuable possession...
签给了他
To him.
那是我主动要求的
My idea.
我想让格雷知道 我的 就是他的
I wanted Greg to know that what was mine, was his.
接着 我完全没想到过的
And then, without me saying a word,
他也默不作声地把他餐馆
he signed over half his ownership
一半的所有权都签给了我
in his new restaurant... His baby... to me.
我再问一次
Again... the question is,
你为何不去调查
why wouldn't you run a background check
将要和你做生意的那个人呢
on a man you were about to go into business with?
我相信我的丈夫
I trusted my husband.
我相信他的判断
I trusted his judgment.
就像他也相信我的判断
I knew he trusted mine.
我也想以信任回报他
I just wanted to return the favor.
而我的公♥寓♥
When it came to my condominium,
如果一定要做意外评估的话
if there was an unexpected assessment...
楼顶去年开始漏水了
The-the building roof started to leak last year.
这就意外增加了两万两千美金的开销
That was $22,000 that we hadn't planned on.
我就在支票上写了数额
I would just write out a check
就把它放到厨房♥餐桌上 留给他签字
and put it on the kitchen table for him to sign.
而他就签了
And he would just sign it.
没有问过我一句 就是盲目的信任
No conversation. Just blind trust.
我想重新装♥修♥厨房♥ 我也这样做了
I wanted to redo the kitchen, and I did.
他没有多说一句
Not a peep.
除了表达他有多喜欢我的设计
Except to say how much he loved it.
还有让工人们晚点到
And, yes, could we get the workers to show up
这样他可以好好睡觉
a little later so he could sleep.
这很美好 沃勒瑞恩夫人
That's all well and good, Mrs. Valerian.
但你和你丈夫的生意其实一直在赔钱
But you and your husband ran a business that consistently lost money.
有一天 它盈利了
And then one day it didn't.
而在你的证词里 你说你从未觉得应该
And it's your testimony that you never felt compelled
去问问他情况吗
to ask about it?
他也从来没解释过吗
And he never offered an explanation?
实际上 我开口问过他了
Actually, I did finally ask him.
就在昨天 庭审结束后
Just the other day, right after court.
你问他为什么餐厅在客人变少后
You asked about how the business was suddenly
却突然扭亏为盈吗
making money when it was seating fewer customers?
是的
I did.
他怎么回答的呢
And what did he say?
他说他不知道
He said he didn't know.
他说他不关心
He said he didn't care.
他说 出太阳的时候 你不会再看天气预报
He said you don't ask about the weather when the sun is out.
你会的 如果太阳是在午夜出来
You do if it's out in the middle of the night.
我没有问题了 法官大人
I have no further questions, Your Honor.
请证人离席
The witness is excused.
休庭十五分钟
Let's take a 15-minute break.
我尽力了
I did the best I could.
你让我死无葬身之地 玛丽莎
You hung me out to dry, Marissa.
不 是你让我死无葬身之地
No, you hung me out to dry.
这就是我们在这的原因 你忘了吗
That's why we're here. Or have you forgotten?
他知道他是下一个被传唤的证人吧
Um, he knows he's the next witness, doesn't he?
你最好问问法官今天能不能休庭
You better ask the judge if she'll adjourn for the day.
我觉得格雷没有打算要回来
I have a feeling Greg doesn't plan on coming back.
你好
Hello?
布尔博士 我是格雷·沃勒瑞恩
Dr. Bull. It's Greg Valerian.
我想让你知道
I just wanted to let you know,
经过今天的庭审之后
after what happened today in court,
我重新考虑了自己的选择
I'm exploring my options.
对不起 格雷 你能重复一遍吗
I'm sorry, Greg, can you repeat that?
我没弄懂你的意思
I'm not sure I know what you mean.
我的意思是 我觉得
I mean I no longer think it makes sense
让你们公♥司♥代理我已经没有意义了
for me to be represented by your firm.
毕竟你是她的雇主
By the firm that employs the woman
而我们正在离婚
I'm in the midst of getting a divorce from.
我只是不想让你一早上觉得很突然
I just didn't want you to be blindsided in the morning.
好 格雷 我们可以简单谈谈吗
Okay, Greg, can we talk about this for a second?
我觉得你的选择是错的
I think you're making a mistake.
不要紧
That's okay.
也不是我犯的第一个错了
Won't be the first.
晚安 布尔博士
Good night, Dr. Bull.
我怀疑 我们一进去
My suspicion here, is once we get inside,
格雷就会要求换一个律师
Greg will make a plea for new representation,
甚至会要求一次新的庭审
maybe even a whole new trial.
真是疯了
That's crazy.
我们已经进行了三分之二
We're two-thirds of the way through the proceedings.
法官肯定也这么想
Well, I'm sure that'll be the judge's point of view as well.
他想一直拖下去
He wants to stretch this out,
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表