剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
in the borough of Manhattan for over a year...
这个情况已经持续超过一年
Aren't yours.
而其实这都与你无关
No, they're not.
是的
And because of that report, my nine-year-old son and I
因为这个报告 我和九岁的儿子
have been forced to live in a not-so-safe motel
被迫在汽车旅馆里住了十三个月了
down by the West Side Highway for the past 13 months.
在西侧高速边 那儿可真是太安全了
Our room has been broken into three times.
我们的房♥间被人闯入了三次
We can hear gunshots and drinking all night long.
有的时候我们整晚都能听见枪声和酗酒吵闹
This is absurd.
太荒唐了
We're chasing our tails.
我们白忙活了
No one is giving us any direction.
我们没有方向了
What kind of direction do you want?
你想要什么方向
Any direction. I'm happy to investigate
任何我能调查的方向都行
if somebody would just tell me what it is we're looking for.
只要有人告诉我我们在找什么 我都愿意去调查
A defense. We are looking for a defense.
辩护策略 我们在找辩护策略
Come on, there is no defense.
得了吧 这案子没有辩护策略可找
What is it our client could possibly say?
我们的客户能怎么说
From where I'm sitting, he's clearly indefensible.
在我看来 他完全没有可辩护的点
He is gonna say that his service, no matter how flawed,
他可以说 他的服务不论有多少暇疵
keeps the bad guys out.
终究是能辨别坏人的
The drug dealers, the child molesters, the deadbeats.
像毒贩 恋童癖之类的 还有那些信誉不良的人
And yeah, sometimes that means
尽管 有时候这意味着
that the wrong person gets implicated, too.
会牵连到一些无辜的人
But maybe that's the price society has to pay
但也许这就是为了保护多数人的安全
to keep the majority safe.
而必须付出的代价
Well, I think we're kidding ourselves.
我觉得我们在自欺欺人
No jury is gonna side with that.
没有陪审员会站在我们这边的
They're gonna side with the guy with the kid
他们一定会站在那个有小孩的人那边
who couldn't get an apartment for a year
他一整年都无法住进公♥寓♥
because of somebody else's mistake.
就因为毫无关联的人犯了错
Everybody agrees with you, Danny.
这我们都同意 丹尼
Even Benny agrees with you.
甚至本尼都同意
So, what do you think they're saying to each other in there?
那你们觉得他们两个现在在讨论什么
It's pretty amazing, isn't it?
很神奇 是吗
How different the city is with so little traffic?
当车流变得这么少后 城市完全换了一个样子
You step on the elevator in the lobby,
当你走进大堂电梯
and you're the only one in there.
里面就只有你一个人
Wish someone had just told me, "Today's the last day.
我真希望有人对我说 "疫情会在今天结束
Tomorrow everything's gonna be different."
到了明天 一切都会好起来"
I would have taken Astrid on the subway.
要是那样 我就带阿思翠去坐地铁
Top of the Empire State Building.
带她去帝国大厦的顶楼
Taken Izzy out for dinner.
然后带伊兹去吃晚餐
Seen a show.
去看戏剧
And then, after the show, would've walked down Broadway
演出结束后 我们会随着人群一起
with the crowd.
走出百老汇
I miss crowds.
我好怀念人群
I had an off-the-records it-down with the AUSA.
我私下里跟公诉人聊过了
Wanted to see if there was an appetite for a deal,
想问问他们有没有和解的意向
since this trial does not seem to be breaking our way.
因为看起来这案子我们要输了
You did that without consulting me?
你去找他们之前为什么没来问过我
You haven't been yourself lately, Bull.
你最近有点走神 布尔
You haven't.
真的有点
And everything was off the record.
我找他们完全是私下的
Well, why would you want to do that?
好吧 你为什么想找他们
We haven't even put on our case yet.
我们都还没有仔细讨论过这个案子
We don't have a case.
这个案子我们没有赢面
The only person willing to testify
唯一一个愿意为我们的客户
on our client's behalf is our client.
出庭作证的人就是他本人了
You don't know that. Danny's out there
这只是你的猜测 丹尼的外勤工作已经有进展了
beating the bushes, trying to line up...
她在找LDI的顾客和房♥东
LDI customers, landlords... Somebody's gonna testify.
总有人会出庭作证的
She's come up empty.
她一无所获
No landlord wants to get on the stand
没有房♥东会出庭承认
and admit this is their fault.
说这是他们自己的错
All right.
好吧
So...
所以
What did the AUSA offer?
公诉人开了什么条件
What's he looking for?
他想要什么
He's looking for a million-dollar fine.
他想要上百万美元的罚款
He wants LDI to sign a consent decree
他想要LDI签一份协议 内容是
that every report they produce going forward
今后生成的每一份报告
be reviewed by a human being,
都要经过人工复合
and for every incorrect and potentially damaging entry
对于已经存在的有错误的报告
on any given report, that the subject of said report
需要赔偿报告里的那个人
be paid damages not less than $5,000.
至少五千美金
Our client's never gonna go for that.
我们的客户永远不会同意这份和解协议的
It'd put him out of business.
这会让他破产的
Actually, he's already thinking about it.
事实上 他已经在考虑了
You spoke with him, too.
原来你跟他也谈过了
He wants you... us... To waive our fee.
他想要你...我们...把律师费免了
Said that's the only way the math will work.
他说这样他就不会破产了
Well, maybe the math works for him,
对他来说这确实行得通
but the fee is the only reason I took this case to begin with.
但那些费用是我接这个案子一开始的原因
I'm up to my eyeballs in hock.
我已经捉襟见肘了
If we don't get paid our fee,
如果这笔律师费也没了
I'm gonna have to close this place.
我只能关掉公♥司♥
Let everyone go.
让所有人回家去
I know that.
这我清楚
I think everybody out there knows that, too.
我觉得公♥司♥里的每个人都清楚
Well, our client's wrong. You're wrong.
但是 我们的客户判断错了 你也判断错了
Everybody's wrong.
所有人都判断错了
We put on a case, and we got that jury.
我们还有希望 我们仍然有那个陪审员
You're dreaming, Bull.
你做梦呢 布尔
Who do you think you're talking to?
你在跟谁说话呢
I do this for a living, remember?
我是庭审专家 你记得吗
You did this for a living.
你曾经是
Did. Past tense.
曾经 过去式
The world's changed.
世界已经变了
You can't even be in the same room
你甚至无法
with the jurors anymore.
跟陪审团一起走进法庭了
You can't look at them.
你没办法看着他们
You have no idea what's going on in their head. No one does.
你不知道他们在想什么 没人知道了
Says you.
你如是说
I'm calling our client, set him straight.
我现在就打给客户 让他别和解
Let me save you the trouble.
省省吧
Here's what he's gonna say.
他会这么回答你
He's either gonna
他要不就签
take the AUSA's deal
和解协议
or, if you insist on going to trial and he loses,
要不就听你的上庭 然后输掉官司
which everybody believes he will,
就像所有人预计的那样
his company will go bankrupt
然后他的公♥司♥破产
and you will not get paid.
而你还是拿不到律师费
I'm gonna call you in the morning,
然后我在第二天早晨打给你
and you tell me which poison pill you want to take.
接着你告诉我你准备吃下哪种毒药自杀
But, Bull...
但是 布尔
Look at me, man.
看着我 哥们
You got to know,
你要知道
uh, whichever way this all goes,
不论事情怎么发展
I'm with you, man.
我都是站在你这一边的
Even after this place closes down,
即使公♥司♥倒闭
I get a client,
只要我还有一个客户
you're my trial scientist.
你永远都是我的庭审专家
You're my wingman.
你永远是我的望风人
Do me a favor. Send Taylor in here.
帮我个忙 让泰勒进来
Okay.
好
Come in.
请进
You wanted to speak to me, Dr. Bull?
你找我吗 布尔博士
If I asked you to do something that seemed sort of...
如果我想让你做一些有点...
illegal, would you do it?
违法的事 你会做吗
For you, you know I would.
为了你我会的 你知道的
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表