剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
Liam... Gentlemen, please,
连姆... 二位 拜托
I've-I've... I've kept this to myself all these years
这些年来... 我从未暴露过这个秘密
because I knew it would tear my church apart.
因为我知道这会毁了我的教堂
Sure, a small minority would understand,
当然 我会得到有极少数人的理解
but the rest...
但其他人...
Please. Please.
求你们了 拜托
I-I've already lost my Olivia.
我已经失去了奥利维亚
I can't lose Riverstone, too.
我不能再失去流石教堂
Liam, I understand this is very difficult,
连姆 我明白这是个艰难的抉择
but the reality is, you are on trial for your life.
但现实情况是 你正面临无期审判
And in my experience...
而且根据我的职业经历...
Even though you don't want this to come out, it will.
即使你不愿公开此事 它也迟早会大白天下
Now, there have been other men, I assume.
我想 无疑还有其他男人
Texts, e-mails, phone calls.
还有短♥信♥ 邮件 电♥话♥
I promise you, as sure as we are sitting here,
我敢说 就像我们坐在了这里一样
someone's gonna sell their story.
总有人会出♥卖♥♥♥这些信息
Dr. Bull is right.
布尔博士说得对
The best thing we can do is control the narrative.
我们最好的策略是控制传言的走向
Control how this is shared with the world.
掌控此事被公诸于世的方式
I'm telling you,
听我说
I don't know how to do this if we hold this back.
如果我们要隐瞒这件事情 我就无从下手
This is your alibi, Liam.
这是你的不在场证明啊 连姆
Now, if you want to keep your sexuality a secret...
如果你想保守自己性取向的秘密...
if you want to cross your fingers that the prosecution
如果你想祈祷检方
is not gonna discover this, then...
不会发现这个秘密 那么...
I think you need to find another legal team.
你就要找别的法律团队了
But if you want to trust us,
不过 如果你愿意信任我们
I think we can help you.
我觉得我们能帮你
It's your choice.
决定权在你
As a young man, I spent years praying to God,
年少的时候 我向上帝祈祷了许多年
pleading with him or her to change me... fix me.
恳求他或她能改变我...治好我
Olivia would pray with me.
奥利维亚会陪我一起祈祷
I can't pretend to know God's thinking,
我不能假装自己能揣测上帝的想法
but I can tell you the Lord never did answer
但是 我可以告诉你们 上帝从未回应过
those particular prayers.
我的这些祈祷
I can only assume he or she didn't think
我只能假定他或者她认为我
I was actually broken.
并未堕落
Nice. Clever way to get our narrative out there
干得好 在上庭之前 就讲出我方的故事版本
before we step foot in court.
真是睿智之举
Well, let's just hope our potential jurors are watching.
只希望我们的潜在陪审员也在看这段新闻呢
We were committed to our partnership,
我们尽力合作
to our mission to the church.
致力于我们对教堂的使命
No one's claiming it was a traditional marriage.
我们之间确实不属于传统的婚姻关系
But I truly loved her with all my heart.
但是我全身心地爱着她
Pastor Wright,
怀特牧师
did you kill your wife?
你杀了自己的妻子吗
As God is my witness, I did not.
上帝作证 我没有
How are we ever gonna convince a jury
既然连姆的整个人生都是谎言
that Liam's telling the truth
我们要怎么说服陪审团
when his entire life has been a lie?
他说的是实情呢
And it doesn't help that they've made millions
更别提他们卖♥♥书挣了
off his books either,
几百万美元
which are obviously complete fiction.
而那本书显然纯属虚构
I share your concern, but let's not forget
我能理解你的担心 但是别忘了
all the good that's been done.
他们做了多少善事
That church of theirs has opened up food pantries
他们的教会为穷♥人♥和无家可归的人
for the poor and the homeless, clinics, shelters.
开设了食物施舍站 诊所和庇护所
Liam and Olivia have never taken a salary, not a single penny.
连姆和奥利维亚没领过一分工资 分文未取
Every dollar that was donated to the church
每一分钱都捐给了教堂
stayed with the church.
用到了教堂
The only money they made came from their books.
他们唯一的收入就来自于他们的书
Which were about a marriage that didn't exist.
而那描写的是一段不存在的婚姻生活
So, do you want to call Liam and tell him
那你要打给连姆 告诉他
that we made a mistake, we don't want to represent him?
我们犯了个错误 不想再为他做辩护了吗
No, I don't want to do that.
不 我不想那么做
I just think that lying, particularly on the part
我只是觉得 作为一名精神领袖
of a spiritual leader, is going to be a tough thing
他撒谎是很难被
for a jury to overlook.
陪审团忽略的
I agree. That's why we need jurors
我同意你的观点 正因如此
who understand that to err is human.
我们需要能理解人孰无过的陪审员
And sometimes it's not possible to practice what you preach.
而且有时候并非所有许诺都能付诸于实践
The throat had been slit.
喉咙被割开
One clean cut, straight across.
动作利落 一刀毙命
Anything else you can tell us about that night?
关于那晚的情况 您还有什么要告诉我们吗
Yeah. She fought back.
有 她反击了
Really? How can you be so sure?
真的吗 您怎么这么肯定
Well, you can't slit someone's throat
因为 除非你控制住了
in a clean cut like that unless you're certain
某人的两条胳膊 否则
you have both their arms under your control.
你是不可能利落地一刀划开他的喉咙的
Now, we believe the killer struggled with Olivia
所以 我们相信凶手与奥利维亚搏斗了一番
until he was able to hold down both her arms
直到他能用自己的左手
at the wrist with his left hand
压制住她两条胳膊
and then he was able to make the cut with his right.
然后才得以用右手行凶
Now, you see evidence of this struggle
你们可以在受害者手腕上碎裂的
in the smashed glass on the victim's wristwatch.
表盘玻璃上看到反抗的证据
We suspect
我们怀疑
that as he smashed her wrist to the floor,
在凶手将她的手腕摔到地板上时
the watch crystal shattered.
表盘玻璃碎裂了
Now, this is also how we were able to establish a time of death.
我们也据此确定了死亡时间
10:43 P.M.
晚上十点四十三分
Now, Detective Daniels, as the lead investigator on this case,
丹尼尔斯探员 做为此案的主要调查人
it was your job to inform Olivia Wright's husband...
你需要在奥利维亚·怀特的尸体被发现的那天早上
The defendant... of her
将她的死讯
death the morning her body was discovered.
通知她的丈夫 也就是被告
Is that correct? That's correct.
对吗 对
And did you notice at that
那你注意到那时
time anything unusual about his appearance?
他的表现有什么不正常吗
When I made the initial contact, no.
在我初次与他联♥系♥的时候 没有
I went to his home, he was dressed in pajamas
我到了他家 他正穿着睡衣
and a robe and slippers.
睡袍和拖鞋
But, uh, when I asked him to accompany me
不过 当我要求他陪我去
to identify the body and he got dressed,
认尸的时候 他穿好了衣服
I noticed some dark spots on his shoes.
我发现他鞋上有些黑点
Specifically on the laces of his right shoe.
特别是右脚鞋带上
Uh, I asked if these were the same shoes he was wearing
我问他昨天是否也穿的这双鞋
the day before and he freely admitted that they were.
他很大方地承认说是的
And then what happened?
然后发生了什么事呢
Well, once we took the defendant into custody,
我们刚把被告羁押
we collected the shoe and sent it to the lab for testing.
就收集了那只鞋 送去实验室检测了
And what did they find?
他们有什么发现呢
That the spots were in fact blood
那些黑点实际上是血
and that the blood matched that of the victim Olivia Wright.
血样与受害者奥利维亚·怀特相符
And did the defendant offer any explanation
那么 被告对于自己的鞋上出现了
for the presence of his wife's blood on his shoes?
妻子的血 给出了什么解释吗
He claimed the victim had had a nosebleed the morning before.
他声称受害者在前一天早上流了鼻血
And did he indicate whether or not
那么他有没有表示
there were any other witnesses to this alleged nosebleed?
还有其他证人目睹了这起所谓的流鼻血事件
No. He claimed it happened in the residence,
没有 他声称此事发生在他们的住所
that just the two of them were there.
当时只有他们两个人在场
I have no further questions at this time, Your Honor.
我暂时没有其他问题了 法官大人
Now, Detective Daniels, when you found Mrs. Wright,
丹尼尔斯探员 当你发现怀特夫人的时候
it was in the hall of the church, was it not?
尸体是在教堂的大厅里 对吗
Yes.
是的
A-And the hall was in the midst of being used
那间大厅正
as a place to assemble hundreds of gift boxes
摆放着数百个箱子
filled with personal items for the less fortunate.
箱子里是送给穷♥人♥的私人物品
Uh, things like new socks, mm, bathroom products.
就像新袜子 洗漱产品那些东西
That sort of thing.
等等之类
Yes. Mrs. Wright's body was actually found under one
是的 怀特夫人的尸体正是在
of the tables being used to put those boxes together.
一张用于堆放箱子的桌子下面发现的
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表