剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
想提起刑事诉讼
hoping to file some criminal charges.
检察官拒绝了 建议他们提民事诉讼
The D.A. demurred, suggested they file a civil suit
然后推荐了我和我们公♥司♥
and recommended me and this firm
认为我们是接这个案子的完美人选
as the right folks to get the job done.
很不错
Ah. I like the sound of that.
帕默先生
Mr. Palmer?
我就只做了你要我做的事
I was just doing what you told me to do.
那是什么
And what was that?
你还记不记得你给我说
Remember? You said to me,
"我很高兴你能成为律师
"I'm thrilled to add you to the roster as an attorney,
但是 没有委托人会来找你
"But, uh, no one's walking in the door asking for you.
没人知道有你这么个人
"No one knows you exist.
所以在可见的将来
"So for the foreseeable future,
我会派给你一些案子
"I'm gonna assign you some cases,
我会给你接一些公益工作
"I'm gonna throw you some pro bono work.
但我其实是想让你活跃起来 忙起来
"But what you really should do is get out there and hustle.
只要能进法庭
"Anything to get in a courtroom.
任何能让
"Anything to help
法律界看见你在行动的事"
the legal community see you in action."
所以这就是你的行动吗
And that's your hustle?
她作为一个非法居住者
A squatter who basically led a young couple
让一对年轻情侣住在不具备居住条件的房♥子里
to their death by allowing them to live in a building
而结果导致了他们的死亡
that the city declared wasn't fit for occupancy.
我以为我们是应该带来能赢的案子
I thought the idea was to bring in cases we can win.
你所说的非法居住者有自己的名字
That "Squatter" has a name.
莉莉·诺尔斯是由
Lily Knowles... was referred to me
一家叫"纽约未来艺术家"的组织推荐给我的
by an organization called New York Artists for the Future.
读书的时候我在他们的律所帮过忙
I did some work for them in the law clinic at school,
所以他们碰到这个问题就来找我了
so when the situation came up, they asked if I could help.
而且
A-And by the way,
这正好是你跟我说的那类案子
this is exactly the kind of case you were talking to me about.
碰巧我觉得这完全是一个可以赢的案子
And I happen to think that this is a completely winnable case.
有人陷害这个女孩
The girl is being set up.
她对那对情侣的死不用负法律责任
She has no legal culpability for those two deaths.
那得靠陪审团评判
Well, that's for the jury to decide.
而且你好像忘了
And you seem
我的委托人才是受害方
to be forgetting: My client is the aggrieved party here.
首先 你没有委托人
First of all, you don't have a client.
他不说我们谁接这个案子
Neither one of us does until this man
我俩都没有委托人
says so.
至于所谓的受害方
And as far as aggrieved goes,
那个女人身价上百万美元
that woman is worth a couple hundred million dollars,
而她要起诉一个连...
and she's suing a kid who doesn't have a pot to...
她女儿死了
Her daughter is dead!
你既然提到她的钱
And since you're bringing up her money,
那我就不得不提
this is probably as good a time as any to remind everyone
她有很多钱准备好了要付给我们
that she's actually prepared to pay for our services.
而我严重怀疑你的委托人根本没这个能力
Something I strongly suspect your client is not.
他的话很有说服力
The man makes a particularly cogent point.
但是 如果我不给这个女孩辩护
Look, I'm worried that if I don't defend this girl
她如果不能无罪释放
and get her acquitted, she's gonna be facing
她就要背负一辈子都还不完的债
a lifetime of debt... Not to mention what happens
更别说他们还可能提起刑事诉讼
if they decide to bring criminal charges.
你真的觉得
Do you honestly think
你是唯一一个可以帮她辩护的人吗
you're the only person that can possibly represent her?
不
No.
但是我确信我能让她无罪释放
But I do believe that I can get her acquitted.
我相信她 我也相信
I believe in her. And I believe
对她的起诉是不公平的
she's being unfairly prosecuted.
拜托 那个仓库之前是危险建筑
Come on. That warehouse was a death trap.
她何必要诱导人们在那里居住
She had no business enticing people to live there.
她只是想建立一个艺术家社区
She was trying to foster a community of artists.
她是想和她那帮朋友
She was trying to live
住在一个不需要租金 不属于她的地方
rent-free with her friends in a place she had no claim to!
朋友 你太冷血了
Man, you are so cold!
我冷血吗 是你太天真
I'm cold? You're naive!
这里不是法律援助
This isn't legal aid.
人们需要为
People are supposed to pay for the privilege
我们代表他们付钱
of having us represent them.
并且如果他们真的是无辜的 也有利于我们赚钱
And it's actually good for business if they're innocent.
够了
Enough!
我不知道这是要干什么
I have no idea what to do here.
特朗科 你做了多少准备工作了
Chunk, how much work have you done on this?
这周早些时候
We talked on the phone briefly
我们在电♥话♥里简短的聊了几句
a couple of times earlier this week.
说的不多 今天早晨才第一次正式见面
Short calls. Finally met face-to-face this morning.
两小时前我和艾芙琳第一次谈话
I spoke with Evelyn for the first time two hours ago.
那我别无选择 我们要选特朗科这边
Well, then I have no choice... We have to go with Chunk,
否则我们会自相矛盾
otherwise we're conflicted out.
我有个想法不知当不当讲 如果
Here's a crazy idea. I mean, what if...
公♥司♥同时代表两位客户如何呢
TAC did represent both clients?
本尼 你和我都很清楚 法♥院♥同意
Benny, you know as well as I do the likelihood of the court
这种做法的概率是几百万分之一
going along with something like that is one in a million.
不试试怎么知道呢
You don't know until you ask.
更重要的是 你的客户不会同意的
More importantly, your client is never gonna go for it.
如果她知道我们免费为被告辩护
Why should she pay you, knowing we are representing
她怎么还会花钱请你
her opponent and doing it for free?
说的都没错
All excellent arguments.
我只是想请求试一试
I'm just asking for permission to try.
好吧 如果你能得到法♥院♥和所有当事人的同意
Fine. If you can get the courts and all the principals to agree,
那么公♥司♥乐意
then TAC will be happy
- 代表原被告双方 - 有可能啊
- to represent both sides. - Could happen.
让暴风雨来得更猛烈一些吧
Right after that blizzard in hell.
你们看到猪都飞天上了吗
Hey, did you see that pig just fly by?
庭审专家 第五季第二集
庭审专家 大分歧
在这种情况下上庭
I would feel like a fool going into court
我会觉得自己像个傻瓜
under these circumstances.
这听起来很荒唐
I know how it sounds.
我明白你的感受
I know how it feels.
但是 我有义务和你说明的是
But... I would be remiss if I didn't point out to you
如此一来 我们很了解被告辩护
that there are certain... benefits going to court
这对我们上庭是有好处的
with someone who knows the other side so well,
能在他们行动前预测他们下一步计划
someone who can predict their every move before they make it.
尽管如此
Be that as it may...
首先会发生的是
See, the first thing that will happen is,
被告方将提出一项中止诉讼的动议
the defense will file a motion to sever.
这意味着你要被迫
That means they'll try and force you to have
准备三项审讯 一个用来对付城市管理
three separate trials... One against the city,
一个用来对付业主
one against the property owner,
最后一个对付莉莉
and one against Lily.
接下来就是周五诡计
And then there's the Friday trick.
什么是周五诡计
What's the Friday trick?
切斯特·帕默 莉莉的代理律师
Chester Palmer... he's the attorney representing Lily...
他会说他的日程安排有冲突
Will say he has a scheduling conflict.
要求在星期五开庭审判
He'll ask for the trial to commence on a Friday.
- 所以呢 - 对于原告
- So? - Worst day
对于你来说是最糟糕的一天
for a plaintiff, for you to start.
一定要尽量在周一开庭
You'd much rather start on a Monday.
那样的话 你有五天时间来造势
That way, you have five days to build momentum.
这样周五的时候休庭
You want to rest your case on a Friday,
所以陪审团有整个周末的时间来思考
so the jury has all weekend to think about it.
这样他们就更有可能形成
Then they'll be more likely to form an opinion
对你有好处的观点
that's favorable to your side.
听起来切斯特·帕默是个非常聪明的人
Chester Palmer sounds like a very smart man.
他师出名门
Well, he learned from the best.
对了 还有一件事
Oh. One more thing.
被告那边会用点手段让案件
The other side will try to maneuver so that the case
落在一位对被告方很友好的法官手里
appears in front of a defense-friendly judge,
一个更倾向于支持他们的法官
someone more inclined to rule in their favor,
在没有证据以前持怀疑态度
give them the benefit of a doubt.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表