剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
一个可能两败俱伤的局面
a likely lose-lose situation.
另一方面 我确信
The other, I was certain
他们两个至少可以活一个
at least one of them was going to live.
这就是你用REBOA的原因
That's why you used this REBOA thing?
不好意思 REBOA是什么
I'm sorry. What is a REBOA?
它的全称是
It stands for
复苏性主动脉球囊阻断术
Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta.
它相当于一种内部止血带
It's a kind of internal tourniquet.
把一根球囊导管放置在
A balloon catheter that you position
病人主动脉内以防止出血
in a person's aorta to prevent them from bleeding out.
它为你争取时间
It buys you time.
这正是我所需要的
Which was what I needed.
但是它没有成功
But it didn't work.
另一个病人需要插胸管
Well, the other patient needed chest tubes.
这本来最多只需要二十分钟
That should have taken 20 minutes, tops.
但是当我到那儿时
But once I got in there,
情况比我预想的更复杂
it was more complicated than I had anticipated.
当我把她情况稳定下来
And by the time I got her stable
回到瓦金斯先生那里时
and got back to Mr. Watkins,
已经过了四十或四十五分钟
40, 45 minutes had gone by.
他没能挺过来
And he-he didn't make it.
我尽力了 但是
I tried, but...
原告
So, the plaintiff,
瓦金斯的妈妈 说
Mr. Watkins' mother, is saying
一开始就不该使用REBOA
that the REBOA should never have been used.
更不该勉强四十分钟
Especially not for 40 minutes.
他们主张REBOA甚至不应被视为
They are arguing that the REBOA is not even considered
一种可接受的标准治疗
an acceptable standard of care.
我承认这是一项争议性技术
I'm not denying it's a controversial technique.
通常情况下这只是一个权宜之计
I mean, usually it's only a stop-gap measure
它为你争取十或十五分钟
to buy you the ten, fifteen minutes it takes
去把病人送到手术室开刀
to get a patient into the OR and opened up.
不管怎样 我个人已经让REBOA成功
For what it's worth, I've personally made the REBOA work
止血了一个小时
for up to an hour.
在我进创伤科之前
Before I went into trauma,
我在阿富汗当过军医
I was a military medic in Afghanistan,
在那我一直都在用这种技术
and I used it there all the time.
如果我们可以找到别人为此作证
Well, it'd be great if we could get someone in
就好了 除你外的其他人
to testify to that... Other than you.
我没有在网页上看到你的照片
You know, I didn't see your picture on the website.
不好意思
Ex-Excuse me?
当我在网上查找陪审团分♥析♥公♥司♥
When I was researching the Trial Analysis Corporation.
我记得看到过一个律师
I remember reading about a lawyer,
但我不认为你是他
but I don't think he was you.
帕默先生已经在律所
Mr. Palmer has been with the firm
工作了五年有余 担任过各种职位
for over five years in a variety of capacities.
他自己处理了好一些案子
He's handled several cases on his own,
但他也是去年夏天才正式通过律师考试
but he did just officially pass the bar this last summer.
但你在医疗事故方面有任何经验吗
But do you have any experience in medical malpractice?
这家事务所处理过上百件
This firm has handled hundreds
医疗事故的案子 而我个人
of medical malpractice cases, and I personally
- 有着非常 - 但是帕默先生呢
- have super... - But Mr. Palmer?
这将会是我的第一次
This will be my first.
这里还有其他律师
There's another attorney here.
他在医疗事故方面有很多
And he has lots of experience in medical...
不 我是庭审专家
No. I'm the trial scientist.
我是做谋略的人
I'm the tactician.
我的决定是 这个案子的辩护律师就是他
And I am telling you he's the one to plead this case.
那么
Now,
如果你不同意的话 我很确定
if you don't agree with that, there are plenty
你还有很多其他公♥司♥可以选择
of other companies I'm sure you can go to
他们会很高兴收你的钱
that would be happy to take your money.
但金溪博士 这是一场陪审审理
But, Dr. Kinsey, this is a jury trial.
有六个人
It's six people.
他们会决定你是无罪还是有罪
And they're going to decide whether you're innocent or guilty.
他们会决定
They are going to decide
你余下的一生
whether you live the rest of your life
是轻松地度过 还是被债务压垮
in relative comfort or all-consuming debt.
他们会决定
They're gonna decide whether you get to use
你是否能被人再称作"医生"
the salutation "Doctor" in front of your name ever again.
对面打算把各种睿智的老人带上法庭
The other side is going to bring all kinds of sage, old men
让他们给出吓人又迷惑的医疗证词
who will offer intimidating and confusing medical testimony.
他们打算恐吓陪审团以得到有利于他们的裁决
They'll try and bully their way to a verdict.
而我认为
Now, here's what I know.
如果你给人们两个选择
You give people a choice
一个他们懂
between something they understand
另一个是他们不懂的
and something they don't understand,
他们往往会
they will almost always lean
向着他们懂的那个选择倾斜
in the direction of the thing they understand.
这个案子与医学无关
This case isn't about medicine.
它需要的是能与六个人对话
It's about being able to talk to six people.
让他们和你换位思考
Being able to put them in your shoes
懂得你在当时不得不做出的选择
when you had to make the decisions you had to make.
我现在告诉你
And I'm telling you,
他就是适合的那个人
this is the man for the job.
那么
Now...
我们还一起上庭吗
are we going to court or not?
庭审专家
第五季第六集 所谓救命
谢谢你对我有信心
I appreciate your confidence in me.
没什么大不了的
It's no big deal.
我是真心说的
I meant what I said.
我觉得你就是那个合适的人
I think you're the right man for the job.
我觉得陪审员会喜欢
I think the jurors are going to appreciate
一个和他们类似的人给他们解释
being talked to by someone like them.
一个没怎么
Someone who doesn't
处理过医疗事故案件的人
eat, sleep and drink medical malpractice.
一个只是想
Someone who's just trying
搞明白发生了什么的人
to figure out what really happened here.
所以 关于预审
So, voir dire.
你有什么想法吗
You have any thoughts?
最完美的情况
So, in a perfect world,
我们希望能有
we would love to be talking to people
至少愿意考虑
who are at least willing to entertain the idea
金溪医生是在一个极其艰难的情况下
that Dr. Kinsey, finding herself in an impossible situation,
做出了她能想到的最好选择
made the best decisions she could...
如果不能拯救所有人 就拯救尽量多的人
if not to save every life, then to save most lives.
这其实就是救生艇理论的一个案例分♥析♥
It really is a case study in lifeboat ethics.
真滑稽
It is funny.
我读过的任何一篇报道
Not one press report I've read
都没有提到金溪医生在那天
mentions that Dr. Kinsey saved
救下了其他五条生命
five other lives that day.
事实是 我们的客户是一位英雄
Truth is, our client's a hero.
陪审团需要听到这个事实
The jury needs to hear that.
并且要在预审就听到
And they need to hear it during voir dire.
有人知道萨利·萨伦伯格是谁吗
Everybody here know who Sully Sullenberger is?
他是把飞机降落在哈德逊河上的飞行员
He's the pilot who landed the plane on the Hudson River.
就是他
That's him.
"哈德逊河奇迹"背后的男人
Man behind the "Miracle on the Hudson."
他是个英雄 没错吧
A hero. Right?
有人记得他为什么不得不把飞机降落在河上吗
Anybody remember why he had to land that plane on the river?
请
Yes.
飞机撞上了鸟吧 我记得
The plane hit some birds, I think.
是的
Yes, it did.
它将这位飞行员置于一个极艰难的情况中
And it put that man in an impossible situation.
空中交通管制站命令他返回机场
Air traffic control had already ordered him back to the airport.
但他相信他到不了那了
He was convinced he wouldn't make it.
所以他临时做出了决定
So he improvised
在水上迫降
and decided to attempt a water landing.
他没有请求许可
Didn't ask for permission.
没时间了
No time.
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表