剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
凌晨一点十三分
纽约市 布朗克斯区
十三年前
她今晚上可遭罪了
She's having a tough night, eh?
我的小天使吗
My little angel?
她只是在长牙齿
She's just teething.
我还差五百美元
I'm short $500.
下个月补给你
I'll make it up next month.
- 我保证 艾文 - 嘘
- You have my word, Ivan. - Shh.
那就多给两百美金 听到了吗
I'll need $200 more. Hmm?
利息
For interest.
一个可爱的婴儿和她父亲
Sweet little baby and her daddy
在街上被枪杀了
shot dead in the street.
就算对歹徒来说 这也太残忍♥了
Nobody deserves that, not even two-bit gangsters.
那个混♥蛋♥从
Creep was fleecing money
这儿的每家店里薅钱 我也是受害人之一
from every business in the neighborhood, even mine.
给您 皮尔斯夫人
Here you go, Mrs. Pierce.
打扰一下 早上好
Excuse me. Morning.
我是警探乔·卡明斯基
My name's Detective Joe Kaminsky.
你们知道
Do you happen to know the whereabouts
亚瑟·克拉底在哪儿吗
of an Arthur Craddick?
我是亚瑟·克拉底
I'm Arthur Craddick.
嗯 这是你的儿子吗
Hmm. Is this your son?
有能找来照顾一下他的人吗
Someone we can call to look after him?
照顾我儿子 为什么
Look after my son? Why?
克拉底先生 我们想让你到警局
Well, we just want you to come down to the station,
配合我们回答一些问题
Mr. Craddick, just to answer some questions.
我可以向你保证 没什么大事
You have my word, no big deal.
前几天晚上这附近发生了命案
Got a little crazy around here the other night,
我们跟很多人都谈过
and we're talking to lots of people.
只是很难说要谈多久
Just kind of tough to know how long it's gonna take.
爸爸 别去
Don't go, Dad.
嘿 里欧
Hey, Leo.
别担心
Don't worry.
不管这是什么情况
Whatever this is, it's, um...
肯定都只是误会
it's just a mistake.
我很快就会回来
I'll be back before you know it.
皮尔斯夫人 您能帮我个忙吗
Would you do me a favor, Mrs. Pierce?
我有个店员大概十分钟之后就会
I have an employee who's coming in about ten minutes
回来看店
to take over.
我和里欧会一直守到他过来
Leo and I will keep watch till he gets here.
谢谢您
Thank you.
你为什么这种表情
Why are you looking like that?
你听到警官说的了
You heard the man.
他们只是想跟我聊聊
All they want to do is have a little talk.
不是吗 警探
Isn't that right, Detective?
只是谈一下
Just a little talk.
克拉底先生
Mr. Craddick.
我是杰森·布尔博士
I'm Dr. Jason Bull.
呃 你的律师说你想见我
Uh, your attorney said you wanted to see me.
杰森·布尔博士
法庭心理学家
你是我律师请的专家证人吗
You're the expert witness my attorney hired?
杰森·布尔博士
法庭心理学家
你是我律师请的专家证人吗
You're the expert witness my attorney hired?
是的 我是个心理学家
Yeah. I'm a psychologist.
我来这是为了让陪审团明白
I'm here to try and get the jury to understand
目击者的证词根本不是那么回事
eyewitness testimony isn't all it's cracked up to be.
他告诉你了我没杀人 对吗
He told you I didn't do it, right?
我没杀那个男人和他孩子
I didn't kill that man and his baby.
其实没有
Honestly, it didn't really come up.
我是来告诉陪审团
I'm here to tell the jury
目击者证词的事情 没谈到你
about eyewitness testimony, not you.
好吧 我明白你是干什么的了 但是我需要你知道
Okay, I get what you're doing, but I need you to know...
我永远不会杀人的
I'd never kill anybody.
我有个十岁的儿子
I have a ten-year-old son.
他妈妈在他还是个婴儿的时候就死了
His mom died when he was a toddler.
我是他唯一的亲人了
I'm all he's got.
好的
Sure.
克拉底先生 我能帮你做什么吗
What can I do for you, Mr. Craddick?
你能让我马上回家见我儿子吗
You can tell me I'm gonna go home to my boy.
听着 我不是律师
Look, I'm not a lawyer,
但是我能看出来
but from what I can tell,
他们不太可能成功控罪
they don't really have much of a case.
他们掌握的大多是环境证供
It's mostly circumstantial evidence.
他们只能编个故事
What they're gonna do is tell a story
说你是某个黑帮成员
about how you're some kind of vigilante
自己私下处理了某些黑帮事务
who took matters into his own hands.
但是你的背景里并没有证据
But there's nothing in your background
能支撑这种故事
that substantiates that idea.
所以他们真正拥有的就是这个所谓的目击证人
So all they really have is this one supposed eyewitness,
而他的证词
whose testimony...
也不是什么强有力的证据
really isn't very strong at all.
所以你认为
So you think...
我可能无罪释放
this might go my way?
克拉底先生 我相信
Mr. Craddick, I believe
如果你的律师选了一个好的陪审团
that if your attorney picked a decent jury,
能理解你的陪审团
a jury of your peers,
那么 没错
then yeah.
一个邻居打了911 他说
We got a 911 call. A neighbor said
他在家睡觉的时候被两声枪响惊醒
he was home asleep when two gunshots outside woke him up.
他从三楼窗户望下去
From his third-floor window
看到一个男人的身影 那个开枪的人
he saw a male figure... The shooter...
从躺在人行道上的尸体旁跑走
Running away from a dead body lying on the sidewalk.
你应该起来反对 这是传闻证据
You should object. That's hearsay.
拜托 让我做律师的工作就好了
Please. Leave the lawyering to me.
然后发生了什么 警探
And what happened next, Detective?
那个邻居到分区警局来
The neighbor came into the precinct
给了更详细的口供
to give a more detailed statement.
那时候 我列出了六张
At that time, I also laid out six photos
潜在嫌疑犯的照片给他来指认
of possible suspects for him to review.
他马上就指认出了凶手
He identified the shooter immediately.
并且非常确信
Did it with great certainty.
那个邻居当时指认的人
And the person the neighbor identified,
今天在法庭上吗
do you see that person in the courtroom today?
当然
I certainly do.
就是被告亚瑟·克拉底
The defendant Arthur Craddick.
谢谢
Thank you.
目击证人的证词实际上
Eyewitness testimony is actually
是诉讼证据中最传统的一种
the oldest category of trial evidence there is.
讽刺的是 当我们观察数据
Ironically, when we look at the data,
它也是最破绽百出的
it's also the most flawed category
一种诉讼证据
of trial evidence there is.
它出错的可能性最大
It has the highest probability for error.
出错吗
Error? Huh.
好的 所以有什么会导致一个证人
Okay, so what would cause a witness to make
做出错误指认
a false identification?
比如说这次案子中的
Well, let's look at the identification
这个中心指认
at the center of this case.
证人当时在三楼
The witness was three stories up,
在黑暗中观察局面
seeing whatever he saw in the dark of night.
他刚刚从睡梦中醒来
He was roused from sleep.
很明显不是完全清醒
Clearly not a recipe for precision.
然后他下楼去到警局
And then he gets taken down to the station house,
他们在他面前放了六张照片
and they lay six photographs in front of him.
一次性就放了六张照片
Six photos all at once.
这怎么了
And what's wrong with that?
有研究表明
Research studies have taught us
当我们给证人展示很多选择的时候
that when we present witnesses with a group of choices,
从中选择一个对他们来说压力很大
they feel tremendous pressure to pick one.
不管他们是否真的看到了那个要找的人
Whether they actually see the person they're looking for or not,
他们都会选一个人出来
they feel like they're not doing
不然他们会感觉失职
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表