剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
Well, it's lucky you watched her show.
你知道
Did you know that tips
马布莱女士的观众们
from Ms. McBride's viewers have helped
从节目开播来提供的信息
in solving over one hundred cases
帮助破解了上百个案子吗
since the show first aired?
不知道
No.
我只是觉得她非常聪明
I just think she's really smart
很酷
and cool.
很擅长她的工作
Just really good at her job.
避难圣所啊
Sanctuary.
"亲爱的丹尼 詹姆斯 你不认识我 但我叫德纹
"Dear Danny James, you don't know me, but my name is Devon.
"一些年前 我认识了你的父亲
"Some years ago, I got to know your father.
"我们在纽约相遇并且相爱
"We met and fell in love in New York,
"最终 我说服了他
"And eventually, I convinced him
"来我长大的路易斯安纳生活
"To come live with me in Louisiana where I'm from.
"我当时不知道你或者你母亲的事情
"I did not know at the time about you or your mother.
"我们在路易斯安纳住下的三个月后
"Three months after we settled down in Louisiana,
"你父亲向我坦白了他抛弃的家庭
"Your father confessed to me about the family he had left.
"告诉我他没法承受罪恶感
"Told me that he could no longer bear the guilt
"需要回到你身边
"And needed to go back to you.
"我没有阻止他
"I did not stand in his way.
"他告诉我他回到了纽约
"He told me when he got to New York,
"你母亲拒绝跟他说话
"Your mother refused to speak to him.
"警告他如果他试图联♥系♥你
"Warned him that if he tried to make contact with you
"她会杀了他
"That she would kill him.
"他告诉我他找到了一个小公♥寓♥
"He told me he found a small apartment
"在一个艺术学院找到了
"And got a job working teaching physical education
"教体育的工作
"At an art school.
"甚至自学了素描
"Even taught himself to sketch.
"这些年来他试图寻找勇气
"Over the years he tried to build up the courage
"联♥系♥你
"To reach out to you,
"但他告诉我他罪恶感太深
"But he told me he was so filled with guilt
"对离开你感到羞耻
"And shame for leaving you,
"他做不到
"He just couldn't do it.
"然后有一天 他望向窗外
"And then one day, he was looking out his window,
"你就在那里
"And there you were.
"路过
"Walking by.
"他觉得你应该是在从警♥察♥学院
"He figured you were probably making your way home
"回家的路上
"From the police academy.
"他说他在那个窗户外看到了你十或二十次
"He said he saw you maybe ten or 20 times from that window,
"但之后 就没再看到了
"But then, no more.
"之后我很多年没再听说你父亲的消息
"I didn't hear from your father again for many years.
"然后大概三周前 他打电♥话♥
"And then about three weeks ago, he called
"告诉我他病得很重
"To tell me he was very sick.
"我飞到纽约 但是我到的时候
"I flew to New York, but by the time
"他已经在医院了
"I got there he was already in the hospital.
"所以我写信告诉你他跟我说的话
"So I'm writing to let you know what he told me.
"他想让你知道他很抱歉
"That he wanted you to know he was terribly sorry.
"他想让你知道
"And he wanted you to know
他爱你"
he loved you."
杰瑞米·布伦南的自杀
Jeremy Brennan's suicide is
无可否认 是个悲剧
undeniably tragic.
没人会真正知道
And no one will ever know with certainty
他自杀的确切原因
why he decided to take his own life.
但你们知道什么是确定的吗
But you know what we do know with certainty?
杀死柯理的凶手被抓住了
That Kaylee's killer was caught.
这 起码在某些程度上
And that's, at least in part, due
是因为麦德林·马布莱...
to Madeline McBride...
让柯理的故事没被埋没
for keeping Kaylee's story alive.
但她能这么做
But she was only able to do it
是因为言论自♥由♥允许她这么做
because her freedom of speech allowed her to do it.
言论自♥由♥的复杂之处就是
See, that's the tricky thing about freedom of speech.
它是双刃剑
It-it cuts both ways.
人们有自♥由♥
See, people have the freedom
随意表达
to say whatever it is they want to say.
大家都有自♥由♥
And everyone else has the freedom, uh,
不去听 不去相信
not to listen, not to believe
去做自己的研究
and to do their own research
然后得出自己的结论
and come up with their own conclusions.
这就是萨拉·考利所做的事情
I mean, that's what Carla Cowley did.
你们听到她说的了
You heard her.
她爱这个女人
She loved that woman.
但她没有因为
But she did not let the fact
在那一个多月里
that for over a month, she heard
她不断听到麦德林·马布莱认为杰瑞米·布伦南
Madeline McBride, who thought that Jeremy Brennan
犯下了凶杀案
probably committed the murder,
就打消自己的疑虑
stop her from picking up the phone
而是拿起电♥话♥ 报♥警♥告诉他们
and calling the police when she was convinced
我的客户搞错了
my client was mistaken.
听着 我...
Look, I...
我明白的
I get it.
好吗 我明白 她...
Okay? I get it. She was...
她错了
she was wrong.
事实方面错了
Wrong on the facts.
过度严苛
Unnecessarily harsh.
我有时也觉得
And there were times I felt that she took
她在指责
way too much pleasure
杰瑞米·布伦南时太过放纵
in her ongoing campaign against Jeremy Brennan.
但是你们知道吗
But you know what?
这不是违法的
That is not against the law.
问题是...
And the problem is...
如果在
if you don't stand up
你不同意的人被试图禁言的时候
for the people you don't necessarily agree with
你不站出来
when someone is trying to silence them,
那当他们这样对待你同意的人的时候
then there might not be the right to free speech left
也就没有多少言论自♥由♥了
when they go after the people you do agree with.
四天后
关于翠西·布伦南起诉
In the matter of Tracy Brennan v.
四天后
四天后
麦德林·马布莱
Madeline McBrideand the claim
四天后
麦德林·马布莱
Madeline McBrideand the claim
故意造成情绪困扰的案子
of intentional infliction of emotional distress...
我们陪审团 判定麦德林·马布莱
we, the jury, find Madeline McBride
有责任
liable.
我们给予翠西·布伦南
And we award Tracy Brennan damages
两百五十万美元的损失费
in the amount of two and one half million dollars.
陪审团的女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
谢谢你们的服务
thank you for your service.
休庭
Court is adjourned.
马布莱女士 很抱歉
Ms. McBride. I'm very sorry.
不需要 你们尽力了
Don't be, you did your best.
但你失去了工作
But you lost your job.
你会遭受各种负面报道
You're about to get a boatload of bad publicity.
今天会损失你两百五十万美元
And today is gonna cost you two and a half million dollars.
帮我理解一下
Help me understand.
你看起来已经
You seem to have made your peace
迅速接受了这件事
with this rather quickly.
两百五十万吗
Well, two and a half million?
上帝创造个人责任保险是有原因的
That's why God created personal liability insurance.
那负面报道呢
And the boatload of publicity?
我爱死了
I love it.
不管好或者不好
Good or bad,
都能让我成为关注点
it keeps me in the zeitgeist.
这在我签新合同的时候
And it will come in handy
会很有用
when I sit down to cut my new deal.
新合同吗
A new deal?
像我这样的人
See, people like me?
即使错了也有勇气
People who have the courage to say
说出大家的想法的人
what everyone else is thinking even if we're wrong?
我们总能吸引大量的观众
We always draw a big crowd.
相信我
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表