剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
suggested you might be able to shed some light
说你可以解释
as to why Pastor Wright would have committed this crime.
为什么怀特牧师是凶手
Is that correct?
是这样吗?
Y... That's correct.
是的
Any idea where this is going?
知道这是什么情况吗?
None.
不知道
Now, before we get into all of that, could you tell the court
现在 在陈述具体事情之前 你能不能告诉法庭
the nature of your relationship with the victim?
你和被害者是什么关系
We were romantically involved.
我们是爱人
And just to be clear, uh, were you and Olivia Wright,
为了清楚起见 请问你和牧师连姆·怀特的妻子
wife of Pastor Liam Wright, physically involved?
奥利维亚·怀特 有过肉体关系吗
We were involved in every way
两个人能做的任何事
one person can be involved with another.
我们都做过
We loved each other.
我们爱着彼此
And to the best of your knowledge,
那么就你所知
was Pastor Wright aware of this?
怀特牧师知道这些吗
Oh, he was absolutely aware of it.
噢 他当然知道
The three of us spent a good deal of time together.
我们三个人一起渡过了很多美好的时光
Not physically.
不是肉体上的
But Pastor Wright and Olivia had a 20-year-old connection.
因为怀特牧师和奥利维亚是二十多年的伙伴了
So if you were important to Olivia,
所以如果你是奥利维亚的好友
you were important to Pastor Wright.
那么你也是怀特牧师的好友
It was just understood.
大家都能理解
Which brings us
这也解释了为什么
to you reaching out to my office.
你会来找到我
You believe Pastor Wright killed Olivia, don't you?
你认为怀特牧师谋杀了奥利维亚 是吗
Objection! Calls for speculation.
反对 这是在要求证人推测
Objection sustained.
反对有效
Let's be sure and color within the lines, Counselor.
请遵守法庭规则 律师
My apologies, Your Honor.
抱歉 法官大人
Ms. Lang, were you surprised when you heard
朗女士 当你听说奥利维亚被谋杀时
that Olivia had been killed?
你觉得惊讶吗
I was startled, but not surprised.
我很错愕 但不惊讶
And I wasn't surprised when I heard that Liam, was...
而且 当我听说连姆被...
Uh, Pastor Wright, had been taken into custody.
怀特牧师被拘留时 我也不惊讶
And why is that?
为什么呢
Because I knew that Olivia was planning to tell Liam
因为我知道奥利维亚本来打算告诉连姆
that she was going to leave him.
她要离开他了
That she wanted to spend her life with me.
因为她想和我一起生活
That she was filing for divorce.
她想要离婚
You attend Riverstone.
在你和怀特太太发♥生♥关♥系♥之前
You're a congregant. That was true before
你就加入了流石教堂
you even became involved with Mrs. Wright, correct?
成为了他们的教员 对吗
Yes. And did you ever hear
是的 那你有没有
the Wrights speak about their marriage?
听怀特夫妇谈起过他们的婚姻呢
Of course.
当然
Pastor Wright mentioned it in his sermons,
怀特牧师在讲道的时候提到过
Olivia talked about it on her blog, uh, at church events.
奥利维亚在她的博客里和教堂讨论时都谈到过
How it's important to have someone you're accountable to.
他们说有一个可以信赖的人是多么重要
The power of partnership.
伴侣关系是多么强大
They talked about it all the time.
他们总是在说这件事
Hmm. So as a foundational piece of their ministry,
所以 婚姻是他们事业的基础
it would make sense that if their marriage failed...
如果有一天他们的婚姻失败了
For instance, if they got a divorce...
比如说 如果他们离婚的话
Then the church would fail as well?
这座教堂也会名誉扫地 对吗
Objection! Your Honor, the prosecutor, again,
抗♥议♥ 法官大人
is asking the witness to speculate.
控方律师再一次诱导证人发言
Sustained. Don't test me, Counselor.
抗♥议♥有效 别再挑战我的耐心了 公诉人小姐
Apologies, Your Honor. I have no further questions.
法官大人 我很抱歉 我没有问题了
Nice to meet you, Ms. Lang.
朗女士 很高兴见到你
So...
那么
you believe Olivia Wright was contemplating
你认为奥利维亚·怀特女士
leaving her husband Liam to start a new life with you.
一心想要离开她的丈夫 然后和你一起生活吗
Yes.
当然
I see. And you believe this because...?
我知道了 那你为什么会这么觉得呢
We talked about it. All the time.
我们一直都在讨论这件事
Okay. When you say you talked about it,
好 那你俩要共度余生这件事
was it you who talked about starting a new life
是你提出来的
or was it Mrs. Wright?
还是怀特女士提出来的
I see where you're going with this...
我知道你想说什么
and I resent the inference.
可真够恶心的
I'm sorry. Was that your answer?
抱歉 这就是你的答案吗
The witness needs to answer the question.
证人需要正面回答问题
I'm sorry. Can you ask again?
抱歉 你能再问一次吗
Yes. Yes. Uh, when you talked about starting a new life...
没问题 关于你俩要共度余生这件事
It was both of us. We were talking to each other.
我俩都这么觉得 也都这么说过
Hmm. And how long ago would you say
那你能说说
these conversations started?
你们从什么时候开始讨论这件事呢
How many months would you
你俩就这个问题
say this had been the topic of conversation?
已经讨论了多少个月呢
Five or six.
五六个月吧
Five or six. All right.
哦 五六个月
And, uh, in all this time,
那么 据你所知
to the best of your knowledge,
在这段时间里
did Mrs. Wright ever speak to a divorce attorney?
怀特女士曾经咨♥询♥过离婚方面的律师吗
Mm. Well, I don't actually know.
这我不清楚
Really?
是吗
Don't you think, if that had happened,
你难道不觉得 如果她要真的有这个打算的话
she would have mentioned it to you?
她会告诉你的吗
T-That's all right.
没关系
Uh, let me ask another question.
我就还有一个问题
In all that time, did Mrs. Wright
在这段时间里
purchase you an engagement ring?
怀特女士给你买♥♥订婚戒指了吗
Did you purchase her one?
或者 你给她买♥♥过吗
No.
没有
What if I told you this is the first time
要是我说
her husband's hearing about this?
她的丈夫一点都不知道这件事呢
Objection! Counsel is testifying. No foundation.
抗♥议♥ 对方律师所说毫无根据
I withdraw the question, Your Honor.
法官大人 我收回我的话
You know, sometimes
有时候
when people are in love,
陷入爱情中的人们
they say things they think the other person wants to hear.
只会说对方想听到的话
They say things they think will make the other person happy.
说些会让对方高兴的话
They seem to agree with things
会更认同
they don't really agree with.
实际上自己不认同的东西
You know what I'm talking about, don't you?
你知道我在说什么吧
The witness will answer.
证人需要正面回答问题
I suppose I do.
我想我明白
Thank you.
谢谢你
Nothing further, Your Honor.
法官大人 我没有要问的了
Well, here's a first.
这还是第一次
I have no idea what that jury is thinking.
我看不透陪审团在想什么
I know what just happened on that stand made a difference,
我知道证人席上刚刚发生的事造成了改变
but I'll be damned if I can see it or feel it.
但如果我能明白的话 我一定就是个蠢货
I don't have mirror juror data to offer,
镜像陪审团没什么数据
but I can give you an opinion just from listening.
但我听着庭审 我觉得
I think they just don't care.
他们根本就不在乎
I think they find the whole thing so sordid,
他们发现这件事如此不道德
the details no longer matter to them.
根本不关心具体怎么样
Everyone involved is a liar of sorts.
这件案子里的每个人都是骗子
The victim. The accused.
无论是受害者 还是被告
I think the jury's just numb.
可能陪审员已经麻木了
Is the defense prepared to call its first witness?
被告方准备好传唤第一位证人了吗
Yes, Your Honor.
没错 法官大人
The defense would like to call Cole Adkins to the stand.
被告方要求柯尔·阿金斯出庭作证
Good morning, Mr. Adkins.
阿金斯先生 早上好
I appreciate you being here.
很高兴你能来作证
So, how long have you known the accused?
你认识被告多久了
17 months.
十七个月了
And it is your testimony that on the night
在怀特夫人遇害的那天晚上 你能否证明
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表