剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
Yes, Your Honor.
如果法庭允许
With the court's permission,
原告想传唤瑞吉·柯瑞文出庭作证
the plaintiff would like to call Reggie Craven to the stand.
这是谁
Who is this?
记住我的话
Remember what I said.
我们必须证明莉莉是在知情的情况下
We have to prove that Lily knowingly brought Claire
把克莱尔带进危险环境的
into a dangerous situation.
反对
Objection.
我作为辩方律师
This is the first
是第一次得知该证人的存在
that the defense is hearing about this witness.
在证人名单中并没有他的名字
His name does not appear on any witness list.
而且 诚然 我也从未听说此人
And, frankly, I've never even heard of him.
这是公然违背证据开示原则
This is a clear violation of the rules of discovery.
是这样吗 科隆律师
Is this true, Mr. Colón?
在今早的审讯前
Did you fail to provide defense counsel
你是否未能向辩方律师
with a complete witness list
提供完整的证人名单
prior to the start of proceedings this morning?
法官大人 柯瑞文先生行踪不定
Your Honor, Mr. Craven has been extremely difficult to locate.
他没有永久性住址
He doesn't have a permanent address,
直到两小时前 我们才设法
and we weren't able to make contact with him
与他取得联♥系♥
until about two hours ago.
真是遇上了一头蛮...
What a complete load of...
布尔的名字义为"牛"
那是我的名字 别说
That's my name. Don't wear it out.
我暂且信你一次
I'm going to take you at your word
科隆律师
this time, Mr. Colón.
但下不为例
But let's not make a habit of this.
帕默律师
Mr. Palmer,
我们就让证人宣誓作证
let's swear the witness in,
看他要说些什么
see what he has to say.
在直接询问后
Then, if you feel you need extra time
如果你觉得需要额外的时间作准备
to prepare after direct examination,
我承诺
I promise,
我会为你匀出时间的
I will make an accommodation for that.
谢谢 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
柯瑞文先生
Now, Mr. Craven,
在克莱尔·沃特斯和芬·丹佛
you were one of the squatters at the warehouse
亡故的货仓里 你也是占住其中的人之一
where Claire Waters and Finn Danford lost their lives?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
我在那大概住了三周
I lived there for about three weeks.
我只想请大家明白
Uh, but just so everybody's straight,
我逗留的时间是在事故发生之前
I was there before the folks that died.
- 所以我从未与克莱尔和芬见过面 - 好的
- So I never met Claire or Finn. - Okay.
谢谢提醒 但你还是在那里住过
Duly noted. But you lived there nonetheless.
你怎么知道那个地方的
Now, how did you hear about the place?
是莉莉
Uh, Lily.
是她告诉我的
She told me about it.
你是怎么认识莉莉的
And how did you know Lily?
在各种展览会 开幕式
Gallery shows. Openings.
我总能碰上她
I'd bump into her all the time.
原来我们都喜欢参加和艺术有关的活动
Turns out we both liked events that featured art,
还能享受免费的酒水和食物
free wine and things you could eat.
当你住进去后 你是否...
Now, after you moved in, did you...
注意到有什么让你焦虑的事情
see anything that gave you cause for concern?
实际上 多得很
A lot, actually.
我是说 建筑物之间
I mean, there were extension cords
有很多电源外接线 就那么暴露在外
running between buildings, hanging out in the weather.
老鼠成灾
There was a rodent problem.
仓库里没有卫生间
No bathroom, per se.
- 基本什么也没有 - 还有吗
- It was pretty rugged. - Anything else?
天花板上漏水的痕迹一目了然
Well, I mean, you couldn't miss the water stains on the ceiling.
有个地方的房♥顶确实有点
Uh, there was actually a space where the ceiling was,
塌陷
uh, bowing.
就像 在向下沉
Like-like, dripping down.
看起来那房♥顶好像长时间
And, uh, it looked like water or something else
承受着积水或其它东西的重压
had been collecting there for a long time.
你... 对其他人说过你的顾虑吗
And did you... share your concerns with anyone?
我告诉过莉莉
I-I told Lily.
她的床正好就在
Well, her bed was right underneath
房♥顶塌陷得最严重的地方
where the bulge was the biggest.
我觉得那样并不安全
So I just... didn't think it was safe.
也不明智
Or smart.
让我来说得更明白
So let me get this straight.
你告诉过被告人
You told the defendant
你认为那房♥顶是潜在的危险
you thought the ceiling might be a hazard?
是的
I did.
难怪他们要隐藏这家伙
No wonder they hid this guy from us.
对此 被告人干了些什么呢
And what did the defendant do about it?
据我所知 什么也没干
Nothing, as far as I could tell.
所以当我有了足够的钱
Uh, that's why, when I got enough money
我就马上离开了那里
to get out of there, I-I did.
谢谢你 柯瑞文先生
Thank you, Mr. Craven.
法官大人 我问完了
No further questions, Your Honor.
我不知道他指望我做些什么
I don't know what he expected me to do.
我不是房♥东
I didn't own the place.
我也没钱
I didn't have any money.
另外 据我所知
And, besides, for all I knew,
那里可能从来都是那个样子
it could have been like that for a hundred years.
帕默律师
Mr. Palmer?
你准备好作交叉盘问了吗
Are you prepared to cross-examine?
我们该要求更多时间吗
Should we ask for more time?
不用了
No.
只要问问他有没有警告过其他人
Just ask him if he warned anyone else.
一定要用"警告"这个词
Be sure to use the word "Warned."
他往莉莉身上泼的墨 我们还给他们
Let's paint him with the same brush he's using on Lily.
柯瑞文先生
Mr. Craven,
你说你看见了... 你怎么说来着
you said that you saw... Wh-what did you call it?
房♥顶上的下陷部位
The-the bowing in the ceiling
然后你警告了
and you warned
诺尔斯小姐
Ms. Knowles.
对 是这样
Yeah. That's correct.
你警告过的还有谁
Who else did you warn about it?
您说什么
Excuse me?
关于你对房♥顶的担忧
Who else did you warn
你还警告过谁
about your concerns regarding the ceiling?
没有其他人吗
No one?
先生 我需要你大声作答以便记录在案
I need you to speak your answer for the record, sir.
没有 我只告诉了莉莉
No. I just told Lily.
我觉得这就够了
I figured that would be enough.
你为什么会这样想呢
And why would you think that?
如果你认为危险近在眼前
If you thought there was imminent danger there,
为什么不尽你所能警告所有人呢
why wouldn't you warn everyone you could?
你其他的室友们
Your other roommates.
让他们拥有和你同样的机会
Give them the same opportunity you took
离开那里 另觅居所
to get out of there and find another place to live.
我不知道 我...
I don't know. I...
我告诉了莉莉
I told Lily.
我觉得她是那里的头儿
I-I mean, she was in charge.
是吗
Was she?
我以为那是个艺术家团体
I thought this was supposed to be an artists' cooperative,
一个人人平等的聚居地
a egalitarian commune,
大家一起生活一起承担责任
where everyone was all in it together.
漂亮
Nice.
现在在风头上戛然而止
Now quit while you're ahead.
法官大人 反对
Objection. Your Honor,
如果我没听漏 辩方律师提问了吗
maybe I missed it, but was there a question in there somewhere?
帕默律师 请提问
Ask a question, Mr. Palmer.
告诉法官你没有问题了
Tell her you have no more questions,
致谢证人 然后坐下
thank the witness and sit down.
法官大人 我当然要问
Absolutely, Your Honor.
事实是
The truth is,
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表