into the electrical socket, and igniting it.
倾倒可燃液体 然后纵火
So...
所以
...you can keep lying to us
你可以继续对我们撒谎
or you can come clean and tell us what really happened.
也可以老实交代 告诉我们到底发生了什么
I wouldn't intentionally hurt someone.
我并非有意伤害任何人
You thought they were gonna be out of town
你放火的时候
when you lit the fire.
以为他们并不在家
I swear to you... I didn't know.
我发誓 我真的不知道
As soon as I realized they were home,
当我意识到他们在家的时候
I ran in to get them.
我立刻就冲进去救他们了
I'm so sorry.
我真的很抱歉
Anthony said you wanted to see me?
Anthony说你想见我
Dan McCormick was in the red.
Dan McCormick入不敷出
Thought that he was better off with the insurance money,
以为他能从保险费里捞一笔
so when he thought the Martin family
当他以为Martin一家
was supposed to be out of town,
周末不在家的时候
he lit the place to save a buck.
他为了骗保放了把火
Solid motive, but a little less heroic, wouldn't you say?
确实的动机 但并不十分英勇 你觉得呢
Yes.
是的
We arrested him
我们以
on arson and felony murder.
纵火罪和谋杀罪抓捕了他
Does that sound about right to you?
你觉得如何
Yes.
很好
Your information about McCormick
你给我的关于McCormick想要
wanting to make sure everyone was out of town that weekend
确保所有人都不在家的线索
actually helped us break the story.
帮我们攻破了他的谎言
I'm glad I could do something right.
很高兴我能帮得上忙
Wait.
等等
Your letter was sincere,
你的道歉信很真诚很大气
unsparing and appreciated.
我会记在心上的
I am glad...
我很高兴...
Never put yourself in a position where you have
不要再把自己置于这种
to write one like that again.
需要写一封这样的信的境地
Okay. You can't write regrets
明白 如果因为你的错误
to the survivor of a crime the perp walked on
让罪犯脱罪
because of your mistakes.
对幸存者致歉无用
And you can't write "I'm sorry"
如果因为你的错误
to the person who was wrongfully imprisoned
让人无辜入狱
because of your mistakes.
你也无法对他致歉
I've tried both.
这样的错我都犯过
No one wants to hear it.
没人想听我的歉意
Get it right the first time
要么第一次就把事做对
or find another line of work.
要么就不要从事这一行
There are no mulligans here.
这里都没有回旋的余地
Okay. And take
明白 还有
Anthony's advice on etiquette with a grain of salt.
别太听信Anthony给你的礼节上的建议
Thank you, Ms. Reagan.
Reagan女士 谢谢您
The arraignment is in 20 minutes.
传讯在20分钟后开始
Would you like to come?
你想来吗
I would be honored.
是我的荣幸
Try not to look surprised at anything.
尽量不要表露出惊讶的神情
It broadcasts that you're a rookie.
这是在昭告天下你是个新手
I'll go get my coat.
我去拿外衣
You invited her to the arraignment, didn't you?
你邀请她旁观传讯了 是不是
I think these are yours.
我想这是你的巧克力吧
Oh, thanks.
谢了
You have anything to say for yourself?
你有什么想说的吗
What?
啥
Anthony, you had her get your favorite chocolates.
Anthony 你让她去买♥♥你最喜欢的巧克力
Well, you weren't gonna eat them anyway.
你反正又不吃
You're such a shyster.
你真是奸诈如狐
Yeah, and you're a pushover.
是 那你是心慈手软
Don't tell anyone.
别把这个秘密泄露出去
Pretty good... you want one?
真好吃啊 你要来一块吗
No.
不要
So I forgave her.
所以我原谅她这一次
Mm.
嗯
Just like that?
就这样吗
No, not just like that.
不是就这么轻易的
I raked her over the coals, and then I forgave her.
我狠狠的申斥了她 然后我原谅了她
Good for you. You got a problem with forgiveness?
不错 你对宽恕这事有意见吗
Only that it's overrated.
当大家过度强调原谅他人的时候
Whoa, remind me not to cross him.
哇 提醒我别惹他
Don't cross him.
别去惹他
Thank you.
多谢
"To err is human, to forgive, divine."
人孰无过 宽恕是德
And it's also important to be careful
在何时因为何事原谅何人
about who and what and when you forgive.
也很重要
I'm not saying not to forgive.
我不是说不要宽恕任何人
It's just... most people ask for forgiveness
只不过 大多数人只会在他们无法原谅自己的时候
because they can't forgive themselves,
才要别人去宽恕他们
so they go looking for some phony affirmation
这样他们可以骗自己说
that somebody knows they meant well.
有人知道他们本意是好的
So what's the case?
这是一桩什么案件
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
What's the case that's got you feeling so cynical?
什么案件让你如此愤世嫉俗
Hey, you threw this hand grenade.
是你自己开的话头
There was a woman who supplied bad drugs
有个女的给她手下两个年轻女孩子
to two young girls who worked for her.
提供劣质毒品
They both OD'd and died and...
两个女孩子吸毒过量都死了
she lied and tried to hide her actions.
她不仅撒谎 还试图遮掩自己的行径
Well, yeah, that's pretty unforgivable.
那确实是不可原谅
I'll give you that.
我同意你
But we don't have to worry about forgiving her now,
我们不用担心原不原谅她
'cause she killed herself.
因为她自杀了
She... couldn't forgive herself
她无法原谅自己
and didn't want to waste everyone's time asking them to,
也不想浪费别人的时间乞求原谅
so she did what she did.
所以她决定结束自己的性命
Funny thing is as cowardly as it is,
有意思的是尽管这是懦夫所为
I kind of respect her for it.
我还有点敬佩她
Whoa, Danny.
嗯 Danny
That's a hard line.
这可是两码事
I wasn't expecting to feel this way about it, Gramps,
爷爷 我也没想到我会这么想
but it is what it is.
但事情就这样了
Yes, and you're forgiven for it.
是啊 我原谅你了
That's not what I was asking for, Dad.
爸 我不是这个意思
I know that.
我明白
I forgive you, too, Dad.
我也原谅你了 老爸
Well, thanks.
行 谢了
Is there something you should be forgiven for?
你有什么需要我宽恕你的吗
No, I'm good. You sure?
没有 我很好 真的吗
Can't a guy just be nice?
我就不能友好一回吗
I suppose.
行吧
Because I though the might tell me the truth
我以为他会告诉我真♥相♥
in a way that he would not or could not with you.
他不能或不会告诉你的真♥相♥
That's pretty presumptuous of you.
你可真是不客气
Oh, come on, Kevin!
真是的 Kevin
The rank and file don't talk to a you
我们的职位导致他们
or a me with total honesty.
不会完全对我们敞开心扉
Goes with the stars, the big hats, whatever.
我们肩上的星徽 教帽的颜色决定了这些
We're not meant to be shoulders to cry on.
我们本不是他们倾诉的对象
Yes... but don't forget
没错 别忘了
you came to me out of concern
你是因为担心这位牧师
for this particular priest.
才来找我的
Concern for his welfare.
你担心他的福祉
Yes, so?
是的 所以呢
So... don't lose that in the confusion.
不要忘了这一点
I bet he's still the fine priest you thought he was.
我相信他仍然是一名出色的牧师 和你所认为的一样
Well, thank you for pointing that out.
谢谢你这么说
But I'm afraid there's no confusion.
我不认为这有什么不明白的地方
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表